Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012   #1
jaspervd
One way or the other....it's the right direction

jaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enough
your opinion to pick out the best mod (graphic) with my list below

Hi there,

Long post with only few questions ^_^

I would like to graphic upgrade GTA 4 with my new pc and Nvidea GTX680 graphic card and i would be glad to hear your opinion about this one.

specs
Processor: Intel i7 3770 4x3.4-3.9Ghz (22nm)
memory: 16GB DDR3-1600 (4x4GB)
2000GB OCZ 120GB SSD
Videocard: nVidia GTX680 2GB GDDR5
Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Recom 80+ 750Watt
pc Cooler Master CM690 II (water cooled)
samsung led monitor 27 inch, 120hz, 2ms.

If you take a look at my list below, using these mods and considering the playable fps:

-ELS
-traffic load
-less overtaking
-LCPDfr
-simple training version
-Pedestrian Mod
-car pack (HD/enb)
-EPM
-Bigger and Realistic Explosion Mod V.2
-RealityIV 1.62 Timecycle Mod
-police car pack
-road texture
-realistic blood mod
- some individual car mods

with my specs...is it possible to use most of these mods at the same time with a good graphic mod?

and which graphic mod would you suggest with these mods for having a playable fps game
I was thinking about one of the following list:

-icehancher v 2.0
-L3EVO GP BEST(8-7)
-l3evo 2012 ny
-gionight (its only v. 1.0.4.0)
-or another?

prefer to have a very realistic surrounding or.. maybe ...the best graphic way possible if the fps are okay for getting the most out of it.

maybe some mods i mentioned above are also including inside the graphic/enb mod?

i think i would use patch 1.0.7.0 but if 1.0.4.0 is better for a specific mod please let me know.
(pc will arrive within a couple of days)

thanks for your opinion!

other suggestions to add (or delete) some mods in my preferlist are welcome of course

thank you very much

greetings Jasper

Last edited by jaspervd; 07-14-2012 at 10:58 AM..
jaspervd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I'd suggest Icenhancer as a graphics mod

Not familiar with version 2, but version 1.25 and 1.2 are still the most downloaded mods from the misc category on gta4-mods.com

I personally have 1.25 and never seen a better one, but you should try a few out yourself

Regarding those other mods, I don't recommend trafficload.. it does big damage to performance but try it out and see for yourself. Mods like EPM, blood mod, ELS , less overtaking etc are simple script mods which probably work together fine. Watch out with conflicting scripts though

One thing is unclear what's 'simple training version' did you mean simple native trainer? you should definitely get that (it's a script mod to use virtually every function ingame, like spawn car, spawn ped etc etc).

Last note, don't install them all at once but install them one by one and test each one of those scripts, if your game crashes when you have all those installed it's hard finding out which script is the cause.

Last edited by Killerfist; 07-14-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #3
jaspervd

jaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enoughjaspervd will become famous soon enough
Hi Killer.

dutch ; bedankt voor je info (houden het even in het Engels voor de andere)

indeed simple training version.
so you don't recommend traffic load...but how do i fix the taxi bug if i supply car pack mods? any other idea's for this problem?

forget to mention : will also add realistic driving and flying 2.5 ..will this mod also work for additional car and bike mods?

at last: do you have any suggestions for graphic mods next to the icehancer..
such like ; photorealistic 8 and road texture ect..or are these mods already in the package

thanks pal.

nice tips thanks.

groet,
Jasper
Old 07-14-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Well the truth is that there are numerous taxi-bug fixes out there, all claiming their bug fix works but this depends per person. Some work , some don't

In my experience you'll always get a traffic with little diversity, that's just the down-side of installing custom cars. I recommend installing a few cars, trying without a bug-fix to see how your game behaves without one. Then afterwards you can try out a few taxibug-fixes to see which one works best for you. Just google gta4 taxi bug fix and see what you can find.

About the realistic flying and driving mod, you should definitely get that one.. it's really good. Installing custom cars won't affect that mod, but you'll probably need to adjust the handling.dat for the car you're installing (most authors list recommended adjustments).

So install the realistic flying and driving mod first

I'd keep it at icehancer for now, you can always download realistic road textures later (photorealistic gameplay is a different kind of ENB that'll probably conflict with icenhancer).

Icehancer is an environment mod, you can still have mods for roads, road signs, buildings etc.

Succes

P.s. Je heb wel een backup gemaakt van gta toch? het is zo'n rotklus om dat spel weer te herinstalleren als je niet tevreden ben met je graphics mod.
Old 07-14-2012   #5
jaspervd

Great
Thanks for the tips. I will install like you said..think im going with icehancher 2 tho.

-------
Volgende week komt de pc pas binnen maar zal zeker een folder back up doen bij elke map waarin ik verander
Old 07-14-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspervd View Post
Great
Thanks for the tips. I will install like you said..think im going with icehancher 2 tho.

-------
Volgende week komt de pc pas binnen maar zal zeker een folder back up doen bij elke map waarin ik verander
Het beste is om gewoon een back-up te maken van je hele spel, zo kan je nooit iets vergeten. En als je een backup terug-plaatst altijd kopieren ipv knippen (zodat je backup nooit verloren gaat).

Verwacht niet teveel van de 'performance' van gta, het spel is slecht geport van de console naar de PC, dus zelfs al heb je een hele goede pc dan zal het nog een beetje tegenvallen. Betekent dus niet meteen dat je een slechte pc heb, dat wou ik alleen ff dr bij zeggen
Old 07-14-2012   #7
jaspervd

Hoi killl bedankt voor de tips wordt gewaardeerd
Ik weet dat Gta 4 met zware mods een van de zwaarste games is dus ben lichtelijk voorbereid
Hoewel als ik op youtube zie wat er allemaal mogelijk is

Icehancher 2.0n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSFX...e_gdata_player

Zou mooi zijn als ik hier in de buurt kom...m'n kaart moet dat kunnen handelen
Old 07-14-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Ziet er idd mooi uit

Vooral s'avonds vind ik echt prachtig met die icenhancer

Maargoed, welke Icenhancer je ook installeert, het zal hoedanook een stuk mooier zijn dan standaard
Old 07-15-2012   #9
jaspervd

ja ice maakt hele mooie dingen..
ik wacht trouwens op de icenhancer 2.1 die kan elk moment uitkomen..hele mooie speculaties en stabiliteit al gehoord.

heb nog een vraagje, zonde om daar een nieuw topic aan te wijden.

ik lees overal dat als je een goede videokaart hebt met 2 gb video memory of meer dat je game raar genoeg die ruimte niet ziet en zelfs ondergewaard gaat presteren.(zelfs rockstar gaf dit probleem toe)

ik las al over de aanmaak van een commandline.txt met daarin toevoeging van norestrictions ect.
moet ik dit al bij voorbaat doen? of is dit probleem al opgelost in de 1.0.7.0 patch

enig idee hoe ik mijn cpu (of gpu, weet niet of dit belangrijker is bij gamen) kan meten tijdens het spelen van gta4 is daar een programmaatje voor?
voor de fps is er fraps heb ik begrepen.

en de laatste vraag...
enig idee waar ik deze car kan downloaden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN7h...eature=related
in de descpition is de link namelijk gebroken.

alvast bedankt kill!

edit op mijn laatste vraag heb ik em zelf al gevonden
Pontiac G8 v2.1
http://gtapolicemods.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1281

Last edited by jaspervd; 07-15-2012 at 06:58 AM..
Old 07-15-2012   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Ik heb zelf een grafische kaart met 1gb geheugen dus ik heb dit nooit geprobeerd, kan je dus ook niet vertellen of je dat wel of niet moet doen. Ik weet alleen dat je bij spellen van Bethesda (Fallout, skyrim etc) wel iets kan aanpassen omdat hij standaard niet meer dan twee 'cores' gebruikt van je processor, maar van gta heb ik geen idee.

Zit wel een benchmark optie in het menu geloof ik
Old 07-15-2012   #11
jaspervd

oke check..bedankt voor je feedback zo ver.
Old 07-23-2012   #12
jaspervd

ej kill wil je nog even het resultaat laten zien:
ff op 1080p zetten

http://youtu.be/dHWFPVzKWl8?hd=1

http://youtu.be/NUI2BkSdHeQ?hd=1
niet slecht toch
en meer op mijn kanaal.

ik heb meer voor realistisch gekozen dan voor de "cartoonlook"die standaard op 2.1 zit.

framerate na de verandering in de commandline.txt zit nu op gemiddeld 40fps..alfijn je kan het verhaal onder het filmpje lezen

groet