Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012   #16
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Even if the helicopter is flying on the edge of the city (which it probably isn't) and those two buildings on the upper right are on the other edge (which they probably aren't), this city is absolutely massive.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #17
Tommy Vercetis
Newbie Member

Tommy Vercetis is on a distinguished roadTommy Vercetis is on a distinguished roadTommy Vercetis is on a distinguished roadTommy Vercetis is on a distinguished road
Why all so sad about the leaves, who knows when the screenshots were taken.

I mean, they could have been taken 2 years ago or either 8 months.

And after all, the screenshots came from a Q&A of GTA V and Max Payne 3.

Don't worry, everything seems fine in the trailer and with the time they've had i think everything is going to be just right.

But with these 2 screens i dont expect to hear anything else for the upcomming period.
Tommy Vercetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #18
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyTurtle View Post
They don't need to "promote a sequel for one of the most popular games" because it's GTA. You'll buy it, I'll buy it, and your grandmother will buy it. Twice.
Honestly, that depends on gameplay. I'll buy it if it plays like San Andreas, but if it's very similar to GTA IV, then I won't.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #19
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Figured I'd share this here - the second screenshot is probably Glen Park from San Andreas, based off of Echo Park in Los Angeles (and some elements from MacArthur Park):

We have a bunch of these LA vs Los Santos shots on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8.111979043707
rappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #20
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt the game mechanics have drastically changed from GTA IV.
Old 07-12-2012   #21
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
Well. I understand that Rockstar wants to show something to ease the fans' growing anticipation and frustration due to lack of news since the trailer, but as some here have pointed out, the screenshots, especially the helicopter one, look slightly like GTA IV. As in slightly washed out and "muddy", a far cry from the trailer's vibrant, gorgeous colouring.

It's not news that official screenshots, especially with the rage engine look way inferior to the game in motion, so we'll have to see what it actually plays like. If anything, this says something about the aging console generation that holds back progress. It's a true feat to develop something just as grand on such old hardware. Alas, just imagine if Rockstar had developed this purely for the PC...

Regardless, I'm still confident in the fact that Rockstar will pull of a fantastic title regardless and it's good to see at least some new content. It will surely be a great game.
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #22
zach 664
Newbie Member

zach 664 is an unknown quantity at this point
In the screen with the helicopter in the background is that the golden gate bridge?
zach 664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #23
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
I can't believe people are complaining about the trees. Look how far away they are. You know how Rockstar handles objects from a distance. Instead of getting upset about the leaf quality, just watch the trailer again.

And you definitely can't tell how far away from completion the game is just by looking at those shots. The trailer looked great, and Rockstar doesn't show off "early build" stuff anyways.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #24
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
They look good and all but they dont exactly show us that much. But then again i dont really have the interest to look at them properly. 8 months do wonders.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #25
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach 664 View Post
In the screen with the helicopter in the background is that the golden gate bridge?
No
Old 07-13-2012   #26
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach 664 View Post
No, the Golden Gate bridge is located in San Francisco. GTA V takes place in a fictional Los Angeles.

Also, is anyone else annoyed by the little light dots R* put on the streets? They were in IV as well, and they looked good off in the distance, but in the shot with the helicopter they are visible way too close.

I know they're probably to simulate road traffic, without having to model road traffic.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #27
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
No, the Golden Gate bridge is located in San Francisco. GTA V takes place in a fictional Los Angeles.

Also, is anyone else annoyed by the little light dots R* put on the streets? They were in IV as well, and they looked good off in the distance, but in the shot with the helicopter they are visible way too close.

I know they're probably to simulate road traffic, without having to model road traffic.
I know they did that in IV when you went up quite high, but in that helicopter shot I don't see that effect, all I see are street lights.

Last edited by Lukeyy19; 07-13-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #28
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
I agree about the trees. They look worse than IV's trees, so I expect that to be fixed long before the game is released. My guess is they first placed the trees, then later they'll go back and work on the graphics of them. And besides, we all know by now many things that appear in the trailers and screens have been known to be largely changed, or not make the final cuts.

Either way, clearly Rockstar has no intentions on releasing this game anytime soon.. or even moderately soon. I think we all hoped that the original trailer release would suggest the game was nearly completed to avoid keeping fans from waiting too long.. It wasnt the case. lol
Old 07-13-2012   #29
atdray
AlcoholicA

atdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enough
I know there were questions to whether or not airplanes would be flyable in V, and some of you are pretty certain that they will be, if I'm not mistaken. But I came across this on Rockstar as I was reading the Newswire about the screenshots. I'm assuming they're talking about V when referring to their "biggest open world game to date". And if they are, indeed, referring to V, I guess it's pretty much confirmed that airplanes will be flyable in V.

“Hey guys hope everything is good over there in Rockstar. Just a question referring to GTA 4, the game was brilliant and I really enjoyed and still do, but what disappointed me was the lack of planes and jets... Can you tell me why you didn't include them, I'm sure you have a very valid reason?” – via Mouthoff

The city was simply too small for effective and enjoyable flying. It was the first time we made a high definition open world, and it was a massive amount of work to make something on that scale – we simply could not make an environment big enough for planes to work properly. Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date.
Old 07-13-2012   #30
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
I agree about the trees. They look worse than IV's trees, so I expect that to be fixed long before the game is released. My guess is they first placed the trees, then later they'll go back and work on the graphics of them. And besides, we all know by now many things that appear in the trailers and screens have been known to be largely changed, or not make the final cuts.

Either way, clearly Rockstar has no intentions on releasing this game anytime soon.. or even moderately soon. I think we all hoped that the original trailer release would suggest the game was nearly completed to avoid keeping fans from waiting too long.. It wasnt the case. lol
The problem with your point about the trees is if you watch the trailer again, you will notice the trees look good in every shot. This is because they're are closer, but there is less detail when they are in the distance, like in the picture. Why would the trees look better 8 months ago? Look at everything else around the trees. Do you think the grass or the benches are unfinished as well? Look at the trees even further in the distance, and you'll notice they have even less detail. If Rockstar didn't use tricks like this, we wouldn't have games like GTA.

And when you say this... "we all know by now many things that appear in the trailers and screens have been known to be largely changed, or not make the final cuts", are you referring to Rockstar or just game studios in general. I don't think Rockstar shows off stuff that isn't finished, or stuff they will change in the future. They even say stuff like this..."we want to make sure we only release 100% correct information" or "The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information".
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote