Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012   #1
hollowfication

hollowfication is on a distinguished roadhollowfication is on a distinguished roadhollowfication is on a distinguished roadhollowfication is on a distinguished road
how can i install mod on gta iv first timer

hey i just reinstall gta 4 i want to know how to install mod on it can you tell me how

step by step

thank you
hollowfication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Weapons, vehicles and player items are all installed in the same way:

- Update you game to either 1.0.4.0. or 1.0.7.0. (the latest patch)

- Backup your entire game! (mods mostely replace files instead of adding files so this is absolutely nessecary)

- Download SparkIV (or OpenIV but SparkIV is better for beginners)
- Start it up and hit 'Browse' (It'll now browse to your gta folder)

Now just go to gta4-mods.com and select something you want (weapon, vehicle and/or player items like clothes)

- In SparkIV navigate to pc/models/cdimages and you'll see a few images, these:

Componentpeds.img (for pedestrian files)
pedprops.img (for pedestrian accessoires, mostely caps and also 1 file for the players caps/helmets etc)
playerped.rpf (for player clothes)
radar.img (not sure, but mostely unimportant for basic mods)
vehicles.img (for all your vehicle mods)
weapons.img (for all your weapon mods)

Now lets say you want to download a weapon, you'll get a .wtd and .wdr file which need to be imported in the weapons.img. To do this just double click weapons.img and hit the big 'import' button now select the the files (the .wdr and .wft). If you've done it correctly you shouldn't get an error and the weapon you replaced is highlighted (in blue)

If you're done with importing (you can import several weapons at once) hit save. After saving you can exit SparkIV and the mod is installed.

You can follow this process for vehicles and player clothing too just open up the corresponding image (and carefully read the readme provided, this will give the same instructions and often some additional instructions for other files you need to replace).

P.s. Launch your game through 'LaunchGtaIV' once you've installed mods

For scriptmods you'll need an asiloader and scripthook.dll, the easiest scriptmod to start with is simple native trainer since it also gives clear instructions on where to get these files and where to place them:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/simp...rsion-64-f2115

Copied from the readme:

You will need EITHER Alexander Blade's ASI loader (dsound.dll), or Listener's xliveless (xlive.dll) or Yaasil (dsound.dll) in order to run this. The ASI loader also needs to be copied into the GTAIV main directory. Be aware that you need to copy the ASI loader also to EFLC if you happen to have that version.

Asi Loader:
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380830
Xliveless:
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388658
Yaasil:
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=394806

So to be clear, you also need scripthook along with one of these 3 files (which can be found inside the simple native trainer pack for which I posted the link). So xliveless isn't the only option out there, it actually disables games for windows live and changes the savegame location so I personally prefer dsound.dll. You can't play multiplayer anymore with xliveless
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012   #3
hollowfication

hollowfication is on a distinguished roadhollowfication is on a distinguished roadhollowfication is on a distinguished roadhollowfication is on a distinguished road

i did that my friend i got dsound.dll one game never loaded i had to download new error application

EFCreateError in module Dsound.dll at 000116c5 in my rockstar/grandtheft auto directory asilog.txt

so i downloaded asilog.txt file from gtagaming then it started working after took out other parts
Old 07-11-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Are you starting the game through the launcher?

Check if you have all the correct versions of scripthook etc, and also make sure your game is updated
Old 07-11-2012   #5
hollowfication

i downloaded ones from website one you told me

but it work but then i tried install script folder & outbreak one but never work
Old 07-11-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowfication View Post
i downloaded ones from website one you told me

but it work but then i tried install script folder & outbreak one but never work
Which version do you use? some script mods are only made for older patches and will not work for newer ones

If the mod you use is made for the version you use, make sure you really have an asiloader and the right version of scripthook. The scripts should be in the 'scripts' folder (in the main gta 4 folder)
Old 07-12-2012   #7
hollowfication

scripthook version 0.2.6
and the scripts folder has both outbreak.vb
outbreak.ini file in it but still nothing

oh i put ingame trainner never open my game

Last edited by hollowfication; 07-12-2012 at 01:55 AM..
Old 07-12-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

No I meant which version of the game do you have (of gta 4) It should be 1.0.4.0. or 1.0.7.0.