Old 07-10-2012   #1
Ripper1990

Ripper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enough
Modding Question

The mod I'm going to be talking about is the S.W.A.T. Issued Weapons by Killerfist666 which can be found at;
http://www.gta4-mods.com/weapons/swa...weapons-f15011

My question pertains to the MP5 in Killer's aforementioned SWAT Weapon Pack, first off let me just say I love it, I've been searching for a generic, high-quality MP5 to replace the vanilla MP5K for a while now, and I was relieved to finally find one. Unfortunatly, Killerfist's MP5 was designed to replace the AK-47, and when I designate his MP5 to replace the MP5K instead, it works fine, however when fired from a vehicle the MP5 turns upside down, and it looks like Niko is having some sort of epileptic stroke... My question is simple; is there any way to fix this without changing which weapon it replaces? It has to replace the MP5K, all my other slots are taken by weapon skins which I absolutely adore, and I would love to add Killerfist's MP5 to the list... Is there any way to either;

A - Fix Killerfist666's MP5 to act normally when fired from a vehicle [meaning it no longer turns upside-down when shot within a car]
or
B - Change the MP5K Weapon Slot to no longer be able to be fired whilst within a vehicle [this wouldn't be a big thing to me, I primarily fire pistols from within vehicles anyways...]

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much for your time and help!

-Tim
Ripper1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
This is quite a unique situation, I've helped out here some with modding questions but never actually questions about my own mods. I'm glad you like that pack, I've spent quite some time on that

Now I got this question earlier from someone (don't know if that was also you) but it is indeed designed to replace the ak47.

What you can do is open up the weaponsinfo.xml and change the group from smg to RIFLE_ASSAULT so that it will be classified as assault-rifle and won't show up in the car. If you also change the anim_group to ak47 the handpositioning will be correct and Niko will no longer hold it in 1 hand only.

But changing stuff like this can cause problems occassionally, so here's what I'll do; you just tell me what kind of mp5 you like and I'll make it for you to replace the mp5. Options are (for example)

- Acog, Eotech, red-dot or no sights
- Full-stock or fold-stock
- Silenced or non-silenced

The grip will most likely be with a flashlight like you've seen in the weapons pack, this because the handpositioning is better that way.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #3
Ripper1990

Ripper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enoughRipper1990 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
This is quite a unique situation, I've helped out here some with modding questions but never actually questions about my own mods. I'm glad you like that pack, I've spent quite some time on that

Now I got this question earlier from someone (don't know if that was also you) but it is indeed designed to replace the ak47.

What you can do is open up the weaponsinfo.xml and change the group from smg to RIFLE_ASSAULT so that it will be classified as assault-rifle and won't show up in the car. If you also change the anim_group to ak47 the handpositioning will be correct and Niko will no longer hold it in 1 hand only.

But changing stuff like this can cause problems occassionally, so here's what I'll do; you just tell me what kind of mp5 you like and I'll make it for you to replace the mp5. Options are (for example)

- Acog, Eotech, red-dot or no sights
- Full-stock or fold-stock
- Silenced or non-silenced

The grip will most likely be with a flashlight like you've seen in the weapons pack, this because the handpositioning is better that way.
Dude, I love you.

1 - Non-Silenced
2 - Fold-Stock [with it extracted, not pushed-in]
3 - No additional sights, just regular iron-sights

Pretty much exactly what these pictures show [just as an example of what I like, something generic yet appealing] I really like the extracted folded stock MP5 model with the flashlight as well. Just looks... tactical? lol, and like you said, the Flashlight makes the positioning of the hand a lot neater

http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/s...9.jpg&newest=1

http://neoairsoft.home.comcast.net/~...ft/mp5a3/1.jpg

I know that there are others like this out there, but I can't seem to find one that's exactly like that and is high-quality; In fact, I've only found one that fits the aforementioned qualities, and the quality wasn't the greatest [nowhere near the quality of your weapons]...

VERY much appreciated... In the mean time I'll try what you suggested, can't hurt... Thank ya good sir!

Last edited by Ripper1990; 07-10-2012 at 05:15 PM..
Old 07-10-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
No problem at all

It'll look like this (without the scope)

I'll also try the one without the flashlight and see if I can work something out

I'll get back to you (probably within 48 hours)
Old 07-10-2012   #5
Ripper1990

Quote:
No problem at all

It'll look like this (without the scope)

I'll also try the one without the flashlight and see if I can work something out

I'll get back to you (probably within 48 hours)
Fricken perfect, man. By the way, if it makes it easier for you, you can do the model with the stock pushed in, I prefer it extracted, but if it'll save ya time/work, then by all means feel free to leave the rectractable stock pushed in... Thank you very much man, I cannot express how much this is appreciated, I've been searching for a high-quality Mp5 forever.

Last edited by Ripper1990; 07-10-2012 at 06:58 PM..
Old 07-11-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Here it is

Old 07-11-2012   #7
Ripper1990

OMG... I love you so much... Thank you man, soooo very fricken much. It's absolutely perfect. Beautiful. You should definatly post this on gta4-mods.com because it's 10/10

Dude, I just tested it some more in-game... I'm in love... It's beautiful. Absolutely 100% what I was looking for, a high-quality MP5 with a retractable stock and an under-barrel flashlight so the hand-position looks correct. It's perfect. I'm posting this for you on gta4-mods... 125% credit goes to you... Best MP5 out there, hands down. Thank you! My weapon collections is complete!

Last edited by Ripper1990; 07-11-2012 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 07-11-2012   #8
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Major props to you KF, we need more modders like you.
Old 07-11-2012   #9
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper1990 View Post
I'm posting this for you on gta4-mods... 125% credit goes to you... Best MP5 out there, hands down. Thank you! My weapon collections is complete!
Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
Major props to you KF, we need more modders like you.
Thanks man, I kinda run out of ideas for making weapons so I don't mind if people request stuff

And thanks for the rep
Old 07-11-2012   #10
Ripper1990

Quote:
Glad you like it

Thanks man, I kinda run out of ideas for making weapons so I don't mind if people request stuff

And thanks for the rep
Oh man you don't know what you're saying asking me for requests!

You should try your hand at a Mossberg590A1

Just like -

BTW I'm in the process of posting your MP5 on the gta4-mods.com website... People MUST see it!

P.S. Dumb question, what program[s] do you use to create these weapons?

Last edited by Ripper1990; 07-11-2012 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post