Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012   #31
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Game Informer keep trolling this because they know people want GTA V info, I mean seriously, making a huge build up, making it sound super exclusive and new, ...and it's just Call of Duty.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012   #32
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Game Informer keep trolling this because they know people want GTA V info, I mean seriously, making a huge build up, making it sound super exclusive and new, ...and it's just Call of Duty.
I take it you don't believe their Facebook post about how it was never intended to go viral, it was just supposed to be a little tease for their Facebook fans?

I dont really see the point in them trying to make it go viral, it's not like it's going to boost sales or anything, nobody has to buy the magazine to see the cover.
Old 08-15-2012   #33
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
This must be so embarrassing for GameInformer AU. He made it sound like it was an entirely new game being revealed for the first time when really it was just the multiplayer component of the same game which comes out every year. Don't get me wrong, I understand how big the Call of Duty franchise is but when people were expecting either GTA V or Half Life 3 then that was never going to end well.

Yet, I don't think this editor did it to troll people. Andy McNamara on the other hand, that's all he's been doing. You just have to look at that second tweet in the OP to see that.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #34
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Jesus Fuck on a shitty piece of toasted bread, waiting for the GI reveal is torture.
Old 08-16-2012   #35
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Don't get me wrong, I understand how big the Call of Duty franchise is but when people were expecting either GTA V or Half Life 3 then that was never going to end well.
I'm sorry but a reveal that big is either going to happen on the internet or at E3. Not in GameInformer AUSTRALIA.

Call me ethnocentric but the video game world (Nintendo not included) revolves around America.

People's expectations for this were just unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
I take it you don't believe their Facebook post about how it was never intended to go viral, it was just supposed to be a little tease for their Facebook fans?
I really doubt that.

Of course they wanted it to go viral, they just were trying to diffuse the backlash from it being Black Ops 2.

If they didn't want the attention their PR head would have come out and said "no, no, this isn't GTA, this isn't BIG GAME X, it's just this cool little exclusive we have, it's for an already announced game".
Old 08-17-2012   #36
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
You mean you can't see any circumstance where Rockstar decides to reveal their game to coincide with Gamescom, the largest gaming conference in the world? For years Rockstar have been using Gamescom over E3 and consequently Germany over America. This was said to be a "part" of a worldwide reveal, which means it could have potentially coincided with a Gamescom reveal. In hindsight, it was way off but at the time people had reason to believe it may have happened.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #37
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
So if they were planning to show us anything at/during Gamescom, would they have done it already, like during the press conferences? Or do we still have time?
Old 08-18-2012   #38
MattStar

MattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
So if they were planning to show us anything at/during Gamescom, would they have done it already, like during the press conferences? Or do we still have time?
That's what I'm wondering.
MattStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #39
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
You mean you can't see any circumstance where Rockstar decides to reveal their game to coincide with Gamescom, the largest gaming conference in the world? For years Rockstar have been using Gamescom over E3 and consequently Germany over America. This was said to be a "part" of a worldwide reveal, which means it could have potentially coincided with a Gamescom reveal. In hindsight, it was way off but at the time people had reason to believe it may have happened.
Gamescom - I could see.

Game Informer Australia? No way. For reasons of bureaucracy if nothing else.