Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012   #1
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Curious tweets from Andy McNamara

The "editor-in-chief" of GameInformer had this to say:

Let me start by saying this most likely means absolutely nothing.

That being said, he's the editor of one of the most trustworthy sources when it comes to gaming. GameInformer have had the first exclusive stories on most GTA games, including San Andreas and IV, so it's possible he's had the chance to see the game in action already. Going purely off my memory, it was Andy himself who wrote the cover-story for GTA IV, which came out about a month or two after the first trailer for that game dropped.

The first tweet is more or less him telling followers to stop asking him to put GTA V on the cover, he's been harrassed a fair amount (GTA fans are a pretty tough bunch), yet he can't say when. It should be said that usually he says something along the lines of ( and I'm paraphrasing) "we have an awesome cover this month... NO, it's not GTA V." A boy can dream, right?

The second tweet tells a whole lot more. He suggests he's already seen the game and is not allowed to talk about it until the story prints, either that or he's fucking with us.

Most people expect the info-drought to be moistened by a new trailer, though I'd place money on a GameInformer cover story happening before we get to see another one of those. A story like this usually tells us where the game is set and who we play as; we already know Los Santos, though we'll get more info about the environment such as names of locations and what the city consists of (San Diego anyone?).

Yes, it's been a slow-news month here at GTAGaming (it's actually been a slow-news year) and I'm a bit prone to make a mountain out of a mole-hill. The next issue of GameInformer should be arriving shortly, it's cover-story is so far unannounced.

Check out his twitter account here.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #2
MattStar

MattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enough
Wow, that would be awesome. Good find!
MattStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #3
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
I knew we were getting a GTA V cover story with GameInformer soon!
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Think there will be a GTA related announcement in the next 2-3 issues? Who knows, I just want to know how much GTAV is improved with tech from RDR and MP3.
Old 06-27-2012   #5
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Think there will be a GTA related announcement in the next 2-3 issues? Who knows, I just want to know how much GTAV is improved with tech from RDR and MP3.
It's very possible. I don't think it will be the August issue, which should come out soon, but would place money on it either being September or October (which would put it's release in early August or September respectively).

Going solely off the Max Payne 3 marketing campaign, the first trailer for that game released in September of last year with a release slated for March. This would imply the latest news should come is September if Take-2 want to stick to their projected annual earnings which state the game should be released no later than March 2013.

Side-note: I think we'll see a lot of the tech from MP3 and RDR improved upon. This game has been in development for a damn-long time now so I think we've got a monster on our hands. My only wish is that there are no characters as terrible as Manny.
Old 06-28-2012   #6
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
I remember reading this back in February...

Right now, we are very hard at work on the game and are excited as well to show and tell you more as development progresses - expect that we'll be talking much more about GTAV starting at some point in a few months’ time.

Somebody's getting an exclusive soon.
Old 07-04-2012   #7
victim

The cover reveal is tomorrow. I'm not really expecting GTA V any more but you never know, maybe we'll get lucky.
Old 07-05-2012   #8
victim

Not surprised to see it's not on the cover. It's an E3 Top 50 or something. What we can take from this still is that GameInformer have probably already seen the game, which is kind of a cool thought.

What's truly great though is that GTA Forums has a 150 (yeah) page topic about these two little tweets. Poor kids.
Old 07-05-2012   #9
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
It's funny to see how far the human brain will go into imagining all sorts of crazy theories and rumors.
Old 07-05-2012   #10
Bigbeats23

A little disappointing, but not surprising. Maybe we'll get something this month from Rockstar directly, and/or something next month from GI. If the game is releasing in October, it's still almost 4 months away. That's a lot of time for a company like Rockstar.
Old 07-05-2012   #11
victim

I am seriously doubting we'll see the game in October. There is currently no reason for Rockstar to have not announced the release date yet unless they are fearful that the game may run into delays further down the path. This points to the game being further away from completion than we may hope.

There is the slimmest of chances that Rockstar will release a second trailer within the month, before being the cover-story of the next Game Informer and attending Gamescom to show retailers their product. All of these things need to happen for an October release; I'd put our chances at 5%. Which, for me, is enough to remain cautiously optimistic.
Old 07-07-2012   #12
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
What's truly great though is that GTA Forums has a 150 (yeah) page topic about these two little tweets. Poor kids.
Surprised? They'd probably have a 250 page thread over someone burning a GTA V logo on a toasted piece of bread over there.

Why did they have to release the trailer when they did? Sure, to show that the game is being worked on, and in full development I guess, but 8 solid months, with NO info, none? That is crazy. If they can give us a trailer and go 8 months without so much as a sentence of text directly regarding anything about the game, who the hell would expect a release this year, let alone the first half of next year?

I'm just going do what I did the past 8 months, forget all about it. Sure, it really sucks the anticipation/excitement out of me over it, but hopefully I'll get excited again when new info is finally available, sometime between now and when hell freezes over.

Hopefully it hasn't been too long for me already, and I won't end up not even giving a fuck when new info is finally out in the open. I'm already kind of entering that phase.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012   #13
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty sure R* doesn't even have a 100% solid date yet at this time. If we were seeing previews left and right, then maybe there'd be an October release. Maybe.
Old 07-08-2012   #14
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I went into EB Games today while i was down the street, they've had GTA V on pre-order since late november and according to the guy in the store, they have had a ridiculous amount of people pre order it already in that store alone. Like more people have pre-ordered the game, in this store, already than what MW3 had...
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012   #15
Bigbeats23

I just don't buy the argument that because it's been 8 months with no info, the release date won't be this year. In my opinion, the info we do have means we'll probably get it this year. When people say we're getting GTA V next year, they're basically saying we were shown the game earlier than usual and we're getting it later than usual. That doesn't make sense in my opinion.

I'm usually pessimistic about this stuff, and I'm still pessimistic about possible delays, but currently Rockstar is choosing to leave us in the dark. They could talk about the game if they wanted, even if the game was coming out in 2013. Most developers have no problem doing that, but of course, Rockstar isn't most developers. We have a trailer, and that means a lot. One thing it means, is Rockstar is still very much on schedule for an October 2012 release.

The only difference between the way GTA V is being handled and previous GTA releases is we would've usually gotten the first bit of info in the spring before the October release. For the first time ever, Rockstar decided to show off the debut trailer for GTA in the beginning of November. In my opinion, everything has been completely planned out since then. On November 17th we got the first Design & Technology video for MP3, and it's been MP3 all the way up until now.

Rockstar decided to show off GTA V early so it wouldn't interfere with Max Payne 3. Just think about it. Normally we would've started getting info about GTA between March and May. I couldn't even imagine getting GTA V news while Max Payne was being so heavily marketed and eventually released. So instead of spring, we got GTA V news last November, and now we're still completely on schedule to get more news in late July and August, which are usually Rockstar's biggest months for promoting GTA.

GTA V will be released this October, unless it's delayed.