Old 06-27-2012   #1
kmccmk9

kmccmk9 is on a distinguished roadkmccmk9 is on a distinguished roadkmccmk9 is on a distinguished roadkmccmk9 is on a distinguished road
Working on a large mod

Hello,

I am working on a very large mod. But, first I need some knowledge. I need knowledge about what format my new models have to be in. Also, I plan on creating a new island, but, I want to make a train track to get there. I can't seem to find a train track editor that works. Can anyone suggest a good one?
kmccmk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Most modders use Autodesk 3ds max for this type of modding, you'll also need Gims IV (an importer for gta files in autodesk 3ds max) to open up .odr/.odd files which you get by exporting .wdr files in gta4 as openformats (with OpenIV)
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #3
kmccmk9

kmccmk9 is on a distinguished roadkmccmk9 is on a distinguished roadkmccmk9 is on a distinguished roadkmccmk9 is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the response. Okay well maybe I can find a model import export script for blender? Also, as for editing train tracks, what do you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
Most modders use Autodesk 3ds max for this type of modding, you'll also need Gims IV (an importer for gta files in autodesk 3ds max) to open up .odr/.odd files which you get by exporting .wdr files in gta4 as openformats (with OpenIV)
Another problem that has mad itself present, is there an up to date file check fix?

This link doesn't work with the latest gta.
http://alexander.sannybuilder.com/Fi...leCheckFix.rar

Last edited by kmccmk9; 06-27-2012 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 06-27-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I don't have any experience editing train tracks or maps but maybe this'll help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbtU3ZowPC8
Old 06-27-2012   #5
kmccmk9

Quote:

Thanks I'll check it out. Ya I tried running the train track editor and kept getting a .net framework error. But it seems I already have the latest framework installed.
Old 07-08-2012   #6
kmccmk9

Quote:

Hi, do you have any knowledge in coding for .net scripthook?
Old 07-08-2012   #7
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Nope sorry, just texturing and adjusting 3d models (of weapons mostely)