Old 04-14-2012   #1
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Tribes: Ascend

So the new Tribes game came out this week and its pretty awesome. Free to play game so if you want to get more stuff either play A TON of the game or buy it with real money aka Gold in the game.

Really fun game been playing it since it came out... two days ago. Ski around the map and snipin people awww ye.

So ye if u wanna try it out go here

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...campaign=email

And play to lvl 6 so I get free shit thanks.

trailer alalalala
Old 04-14-2012   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, just because it's you I'm going to register and start playing it.

Spinfusor general? Spinfusor general.
Old 04-14-2012   #3
Grimmy

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Also if you like their app on facebook you can get 250 gold right off the bat.
Old 04-14-2012   #4
mattt
(&) Delinquents

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
well played grimmy!

edit: ugh i hate these MMO style updaters!
mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
The more I try to perfect my skiing the worse I do. Gotta go fast, bam miss that slope. Go with the flow is how I'd best describe my skill process

The team deathmatch is fun as fuck. I've been holding the space bar down so hard the muscle near my thumb hurts like hell. Worst mistake was not caving in and getting a invite during the beta, I would have enjoyed this immensely.

Versus Unreal Tournament, fun as hell. It's more about timing and coordination versus the quick reaction necessity.

Last edited by Xan; 04-14-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #6
Grimmy

Shit's so fast motherfuckers wanna fine me.

Ye its all about seeing where the opponent is going to land as he is losing momentum and jetpack but also not letting you lose the momentum and getting a grenade up your ass.

Also Juggernauts are the worst. So much friggin health.
Old 04-14-2012   #7
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Love capture the flag on this.
Old 04-15-2012   #8
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Okay I'll bite. I'll make a new FB profile just for the 250 gold. I need the Sentinel unlock so I can actually defend during CTF.

Also I'll get Rank 6 today. I guess you get EXP/Gold per player Grimmy?
Old 04-15-2012   #9
Grimmy

Ye they have a tier system of referrals which you can check out HERE

So if you know anyone that would play this game they can use your referral and then you can get some points too.
Old 04-15-2012   #10
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Sentinel

21 kills, 7 assists, 2 deaths and 12x flag defends (claymore Armageddon). Just gotta stay focused and not get too excited when aiming.

Figured out that the longer your in scope, the more powerful your shots are. There is no benefit from quick scoping or no scoping. One shot, maybe two.
Old 04-15-2012   #11
mattt
(&) Delinquents

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
the machine gun may aswell not be in it

spray and pray, completely pointless
mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #12
Grimmy

Havent spent a cent on this game and feel good about it.

But would I feel even better if I did? OH GOD
Old 04-15-2012   #13
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Tribes 2 is my favourite game of all time. I played a bit of this a few months ago and it seemed to live up to the Tribes formula, but I found it didn't run very well on my Radeon 4870 512MB.

Hopefully they have optimised it a bit more since I last played - I will try to play some more soon.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #14
Extremer
Addicted Member

Extremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to all
Played a bit of it in the early closed beta, including some clan matches, I wasn't that great at it and public servers seemed too disorganized for my liking so I just kinda stopped playing. It's actually really surprising how well the game is made though.

Edit: OH GOD, It seems to be downloading and installing every single incremental version from like 0.17 to the current one, which is above 1.xx. Fuck. Might take a while.

Last edited by Extremer; 04-16-2012 at 03:53 AM..
Extremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #15
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

I had a single 2.5GB download and a extra patch in the >20MB range