Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012   #1
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Cool Next gen sandbox gameplay from Ubisoft: Watch Dogs

Hey everyone,

It's been a very long time since I've logged on to this site. It's good to be back!

I've been patiently waiting for details on GTA V to come out. I came across this game play video from E3 for a game called "Watch Dogs". Looks to be a 3rd person sandbox"esque" game of the next gen calibre. I must say it looks superb.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA&feature=b-mv

I can only imagine watch Rockstar is planning. After all, they are the king of sandbox gaming.

Enjoy.
" I' am looking for that special someone" who knows "Maybe things will be different". All I'm trying to say is. Whoops wait a second here, "Move up ladies", there we go. All I am trying to say is not "everyone is a rat". "Good lord man, what are you doing"!?!?!

Trying to put all the names of the trailer is to a small statement.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #2
MattStar

MattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enough
The CEO of Ubisoft actually confirmed this Watch Dogs to be on PS3/Xbox/PC/. But yes, looks amazing!
MattStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #3
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Amazing!
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #4
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
This thread probably belongs in the general games section, but yeah, it was the highlight of a relatively poor E3. In fact up until it turned into a cover based shooter with GTA elements I was actually intending to buy it on launch.
Old 06-06-2012   #5
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
^ isn't GTA a cover based shooter with GTA elements?..lol

Anyways, I agree, it was really the only thing at E3 that sparked my interest. I just hope there's a quality story and mission structure. I'm really getting tired of "go there and do this for me" type of missions we tend to see in most open world games.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #6
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I really don't get what the hate for cover based shooters is. If it's going to have 3rd person shooting it only makes sense to have cover. I really don't get how just the addition of that feature makes the game go from the most amazing thing ever to something very mediocre.

What I do get is that you don't want it to be just like any other cover based shooter, you sit behind cover and shoot dozens of bad guys. That's a valid concern, imo. I hope the gameplay is more focused on stealth, hacking, and using what's at your disposal to trick enemies, although if you mess up and end up in a big firefight I won't be too upset.
Old 06-06-2012   #7
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
Oooh. Looks good. I like it.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #8
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
I really don't get what the hate for cover based shooters is. If it's going to have 3rd person shooting it only makes sense to have cover. I really don't get how just the addition of that feature makes the game go from the most amazing thing ever to something very mediocre.

What I do get is that you don't want it to be just like any other cover based shooter, you sit behind cover and shoot dozens of bad guys. That's a valid concern, imo. I hope the gameplay is more focused on stealth, hacking, and using what's at your disposal to trick enemies, although if you mess up and end up in a big firefight I won't be too upset.
Agreed. Adding to that, I hate games where enemies keep on spawning, which leads to your point where you end up just sitting in cover and popping shots every now and again.

To make things interesting, and definitely in this game, once you've been spotted it would be expected for the enemies to send out an SUV or two to come and get you. Mixed with the technology aspect, this would (or should) allow you to know where they're coming from, how many of them there are, and as such give you the element of suprise, taking it away from the same old "walk through a doorway, hitting a trigger, for five enemies to spawn behind the fish tank" routine that happens (in every single fucking cod game I can remember).
Old 06-06-2012   #9
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Sandbox =/= open world.

Looks great though.
Old 06-06-2012   #10
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
the same old "walk through a doorway, hitting a trigger, for five enemies to spawn behind the fish tank" routine that happens (in every single fucking cod game I can remember).
Yep. I'm getting tired of the old "hmm, so exactly how far into this room must I walk until the baddies start to spawn?". Seriously, developers, make enemies exist properly, and if I happen to get the jump on them, so be it. It's not a "surprise attack" or "ambush" if I'm expecting it to happen - because it's been happening every five minutes since I started playing the game. d-i-v-e-r-s-i-f-y
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #11
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
According to interviews, this game encourages exploration and this mission is not scripted. It's an open-world game and the player can choose how to approach missions. It looks amazing so far.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #12
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I'm very skeptical about what the developer's say. What was said about the Halo 3 reveal trailer still rings in my ears "all of that will be explorable", then on release day it was discovered that Halo 3 had one of the most linear campaign that I can remember.
Old 06-07-2012   #13
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
i watched the announcement trailer/demo finally, and wow... blew me away. especially the graphics. i believe every game should look as good as that. but thats just my opinion. i hope the story follows in suit on how good the graphics are.

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #14
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
I just watched Gamespot's stage demo for the game and the thing that really has me excited is what he says @9:11.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote