Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012   #61
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I actually died less on Old School after playing it on Medium/Hard, the result from memorizing enemy patterns, spawn points, getting used to controls, etc...

This was the first Max Payne I ever played on console. I personally didn't think the controls were *too* bad. Took quite a bit of getting used to, but once I did, I could pull off really good shots, given the narrow time frame you get to make them.

Then again, if you've been waiting around 8 years (such as myself) or so for this game along with half of the fans of MP, of course, it would be quite hard to meet all the expectation you had built up over time. It was pretty much what I expected, sure, things could have probably been better, but, when can things ever not be better than what was finally given?

I'm not anywhere near as good with a controller as I am with a keyboard or mouse, but it is manageable for me. This game, imo, would be too easy with a keyboard and mouse, at least for me. A mouse involves more than just a little thumb, a mouse would make this game a fucking breeze compared to a dinky thumbstick on a controller.

I still debate with myself whether to actually get the PC version or not. I feel I haven't really played MP3 until I have played it on PC. That for me, is MP's home.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #62
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGF View Post
I still debate with myself whether to actually get the PC version or not. I feel I haven't really played MP3 until I have played it on PC. That for me, is MP's home.
If you've already got it on xbox360, I wouldnt. It's a waste of money, it's a great game but not worth buying twice .

Maybe I liked this game so much because I had low expectations of it, when I saw those first screens of MP3 with Max in the hawain shirts and the bald head I thought like wth.. this aint Max payne. So I wasn't one of those guys who were looking forward to it for so long, it was only just before the release that I thought it looked kinda cool after all.

(btw, after 800 posts.. isn't it time for a cool avatar and sig? it makes you more recognizable in my opinion )
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #63
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
The PC version is the best version by far, a lot of the difficulty issues are avoided by the better Mouse and Keyboard control scheme. Plus this is like the ONLY Rockstar game this generation that's had effort put into the PC version, unlike the turds of GTA IV and L.A.Noire, here Max Payne 3 actually works, looks great, has extra graphical options and runs nearly three times better than GTA IV and L.A.Noire!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #64
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Played some more, near the end I think on medium. Actually easier once I started to cover, I guess I just expected it to be run and gun like mp1 & 2.

Not bad but half the time it feels like senseless killing, and a million cutscenes. I think the new voice actor does a pretty good narration, except for the horrible attempt at raising his voice "YOUR GOING TO LOOOOOSSEE THEM". But the narration and cut scenes are really the only thing that drives me to keep playing. With that it would be a very boring and pointless game, the story isn't very good at all.
Old 07-18-2012   #65
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
I think the new voice actor does a pretty good narration, except for the horrible attempt at raising his voice "YOUR GOING TO LOOOOOSSEE THEM".
It's been the same voice actor since max payne 1 (James McCaffrey)

It would've sucked if they picked a different voice actor, how could you not notice xD. He is what makes max payne so great
Old 07-18-2012   #66
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Really? I thought I read a little while back that it was going to be someone else. I guess that explains why I thought the narration was so good. I still think his scream is piss poor though.
Old 07-18-2012   #67
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Really? I thought I read a little while back that it was going to be someone else. I guess that explains why I thought the narration was so good. I still think his scream is piss poor though.
No it's really the same guy, but yeah the narration was good as always. The screaming didn't really bother me but I understand what you mean. Maybe a little overacted

But the dark humor just fits his voice so perfectly
Old 08-09-2012   #68
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Any of you on PC getting the "Social Club UI Bug"? Check this out...

Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #69
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Stopped Playing MP3 after having played through the story 3x

Multiplayer is kinda boring

Funny (and helpfull ) video though, she has a very soothing voice
Old 04-24-2013   #70
chocolade

chocolade is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought Max Payne at http://www.go2arena.com/max-payne.html for €8.90. I thought - it must be sh** if it's so cheap. But I have to admit - I'm surpriced! It's really really good! It has great gameplay, interesting storyline, a lot of different locations to visit and great multiplayer! Impressing.
chocolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #71
Muni5
GTA V Duuudee

Muni5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Played at my friends home, it's nice game
Muni5 is offline   Reply With Quote