Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012   #1
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Microsoft Flight

downloading as we speak.

Free to play flight simulator, allows people of any skill level to play.

Microsoft Flight

Try it out!

Last edited by Algonquin; 02-29-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Algonquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #2
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
Cool, I loved the original MFS from the Win 95 (or 98?) days. Definitely going to check this out.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #3
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Damn... haven't played a MFS since 2002, played a little bit of 04, I think I still have some old shitty flight stick thingy laying around here somewhere.

Think I still got the discs for 2002 here too...

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #4
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
I'd highly recommend giving this a try, it's much more relaxed than the other games.

I've only tried a few of the tutorial missions but so far the best way i can describe it is "Test Pilot Unlimited" very fun, but still very much in the early days. so far there's 4 planes, 2 of which they charge for. also you only get the main Hawaiian island the others in the chain cost 7$ to unlock.
Old 02-29-2012   #5
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
It wants me to install GFWL.

Not happening, ever.
Old 02-29-2012   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Not happening, ever.
You should wait for the SKIDROW Collectors Edition with bonus day 0 dlc
Old 03-01-2012   #7
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I really like this game. Got 50G from it so far and looking forward to playing it some more.

The best part is the full Xbox 360 Controller integration and the voiceovers to tell you what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Not happening, ever.
I don't understand why so many people are so against Games for Windows Live. I've never had a single problem with it and it always makes sure my games are up to date. Not only that I can collect LIVE achievements in Flight and send messages/voice chat with my Xbox Live friends. When the game isn't running there are no processes left behind, so I don't get what the problem is.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #8
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Is there any decent flight sims for 360?
Old 03-02-2012   #9
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if they still take advantage of multi screens.

I arrd mfs a while ago when I had a quad screen setup, my e-peen was through the roof, but I found it far too challenging to set up. The manuals for setting it up put me into a loop. The multi screen help page said do this that and the other than set this up, to find out more about settings 'this' up please follow this link. So I goto the link, talks about something stupid than says to find out more about this please go to this link, which puts me back where I started.

I did somehow eventually get like, half a screen going on another monitor, but it was on the wrong view.
Old 03-02-2012   #10
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't understand why so many people are so against Games for Windows Live. I've never had a single problem with it and it always makes sure my games are up to date. Not only that I can collect LIVE achievements in Flight and send messages/voice chat with my Xbox Live friends. When the game isn't running there are no processes left behind, so I don't get what the problem is.
I do not own an Xbox. GFWL does not offer me anything I need or want.

My hatred for GFWL pretty much started when I got nothing but bullshit errors that stopped me from playing Fallout 3 properly, thankfully people usually go out of their way to disable GFWL in most popular games.

Oh you want to save your game? Okay sign in to GFWL. No fuck you.
Old 03-02-2012   #11
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
^Same with me but for Batman Arkham Asylum
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #12
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
This is fun, it is pretty much retard proof, a toddler could play this shit. Not all technical and shit like the older FS games.

edit: Fly to Yacht? Okay.

Fly up to 2000 feet, and nose dive almost vertically into yacht? Crash into yacht? Fuck year. No explosion, a little disappoint... I wanted to see shit fucking blow up

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.

Last edited by TGF; 03-02-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Old 03-02-2012   #13
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

ever since 9/11 they've been touchy about adding any crashbooms into the flying games.
Old 03-03-2012   #14
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Hell, even Google Earth's flight sim had you exploding on crash if I remember correctly.
Old 03-03-2012   #15
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

I got the P51 Mustang DLC, mother FUCKER got up to around 35,000 feet, then just nose dived, and got up to exactly 700 knots as my max forward speed. Got halfway across the map in like 10 or 15 minutes, then after I nose dived and was pretty much going the speed of sound, I made it to the other side of the map in what seemed to be an instant.

I really had to think about getting that plane, the 640 points/8 dollars for it was retarded, but the plane is mad boss.

Also, it is mad gay that is doesn't have a cockpit view... I didn't really give a shit at first, but then when I got it... it really sucked. Other than that, it is still pretty bad ass.

Quote: