Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012   #1
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Thoughts on possible military tech?

What are you guys hoping to find in Area 69 this time? I'm hoping for some type of exosuit prototype or something similar to that.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #2
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
The Jetpack for me was a bit over the top - i never used it. Maybe something more real world, like a Predator Missile
Old 04-13-2012   #3
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I think a version of each in-game weapon with some high-tech attachments would be pretty sweet and in tune with the realism aspect. I hope the Hydra returns, because fuck realism on this one, it was awesome to fly around in. I had no use for the jetpack in san andreas so I'd be disappointed if that returned
Old 04-13-2012   #4
icebreaker202

icebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enough
I used the Jetpack to get too high buildings.
icebreaker202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #5
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Don't just assume Area 69 will make an appearance. In San Andreas, it was in the mock Mojave near Las Venturas; we're only getting Los Santos in this game.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #6
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
The Jetpack for me was a bit over the top - i never used it. Maybe something more real world, like a Predator Missile
A jetpack isn't real world? I didn't use it too much either because it was pretty slow, but I'm not sure why you say less real world than a Predator Missile(which would be awesome). There's even that Jetman Yves Rossy. I'm just hoping Rockstar recognizes the tech that is being developed in real life. I guess some stuff could be considered more over the top than others, but if it exists in the real world I think it can fit in GTA and it could probably add some more fun to the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Schwab View Post
Don't just assume Area 69 will make an appearance. In San Andreas, it was in the mock Mojave near Las Venturas; we're only getting Los Santos in this game.
Good point, although I don't think we should use San Andreas as an example. I'm hoping they will include it in the map somewhere. It probably depends on how much of the map is desert.
Old 04-13-2012   #7
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeats23 View Post
A jetpack isn't real world? I didn't use it too much either because it was pretty slow, but I'm not sure why you say less real world than a Predator Missile(which would be awesome). There's even that Jetman Yves Rossy. I'm just hoping Rockstar recognizes the tech that is being developed in real life. I guess some stuff could be considered more over the top than others, but if it exists in the real world I think it can fit in GTA and it could probably add some more fun to the experience.
San Andreas was back in 2004 remember - 8 years ago now.

A Jet Pack, while a bit more feasible now is still a little out there, yes a man can jump out of a helicopter and propel himself using small engines, and there's the one that uses a really long tube that sucks up water to provide lift, but I still feel a jet pack is a bit too silly.

I'm one of those who wholeheartedly love the realism within GTA IV, yeah Saints Row's silliness is fun for a short burst, but GTA's realism sucks you into the story, characters and city and provides a much better experience.

I doubt I'd really use even a Predator Missile often to be honest. All I really want from the military, is more realistic tanks, that can't just cause a car to explode from the smallest touch.
Old 04-14-2012   #8
Bigbeats23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
San Andreas was back in 2004 remember - 8 years ago now.

A Jet Pack, while a bit more feasible now is still a little out there, yes a man can jump out of a helicopter and propel himself using small engines, and there's the one that uses a really long tube that sucks up water to provide lift, but I still feel a jet pack is a bit too silly.

I'm one of those who wholeheartedly love the realism within GTA IV, yeah Saints Row's silliness is fun for a short burst, but GTA's realism sucks you into the story, characters and city and provides a much better experience.

I doubt I'd really use even a Predator Missile often to be honest. All I really want from the military, is more realistic tanks, that can't just cause a car to explode from the smallest touch.
Yeah, I actually agree with all of this. I can barely play a Saints Row game for more than ten minutes, and I put a ridiculous amount of time into GTA IV, yet so many people talk about how much more fun the Saints Row series is. The more silly stuff isn't really necessary if there's more depth in everything else.

I also hope the tanks are more realistic in GTA V, especially since the vehicles will probably have the best damage physics we've ever seen. I rather see cars get crushed beyond recognition, instead of just exploding on impact.