Old 03-10-2012   #1
xmathewx75

xmathewx75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help

Hi, I've clearly bough GTA IV off Steam a few weeks ago and I wanna try to get some cool mods on it like

Police mod (Where you be a cop)
Adding cars

but I don't know how if I have GTA4 from Steam. Can someone help me?

Also there is something wrong with my GTA4. Every time they ask me to login windows live, it just tells me I'm not connected to the internet so I can never save my missions.
xmathewx75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012   #2
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Well in terms of the mods you should be completely fine. The only difference between your Steam version (which I also have) and a normal version is that the folder for it is found within the Steam/steamapps folder rather than it's own Rockstar folder. If you have to follow mod instructions just remember that when placing files within it. In terms of your Windows Live issue i'm afraid I can't help you, but I don't understand why not being connected to the internet would not allow you to access your games. From what I understand GTAIV doesn't have that sort of DRM.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012   #3
xmathewx75

xmathewx75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I found out how to add cars, but for some reason. I installed two police cars and the police lights don't work.

Last edited by xmathewx75; 03-10-2012 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
xmathewx75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #4
Manziak

Manziak is on a distinguished roadManziak is on a distinguished roadManziak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmathewx75 View Post
Well I found out how to add cars, but for some reason. I installed two police cars and the police lights don't work.
Do the police cars that you have downloaded say "ELS"? If so, you have to install the ELS mod.
Manziak is offline   Reply With Quote