Old 03-08-2012   #1
dark_blitz

dark_blitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation iCenhancer Mods would lower FPS?

hey guys i've been going through the mods in the forum, seems like there are ones for Low end pc that boosts up your fps.. i was just wondering if iCenhancer mod works fine on ah AMD XII 245 2.90GHz processor. i was thinking about installing it since it makes GTA EFLC more realistic, however i hear it'll lower out my FPS, i can play the game at moderate Settings High textures to High Reflections, Anisotropic X16 and detail/view and vehicle densities are set to 20 (since that texture pop up is so annoying and any setup regarding these doesn't even change a bit ) the game runs 25 to 30 on some busy areas and 30 ~ 60 on non busy but what if installed the mod, would it lower everything else?

thanks guys this is my first thread here
happy gaming!
dark_blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #2
shmimbadad

shmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished road
Well those enb mods do enhance the graphics drastically, so unless your video card and processor are pretty badass, you're definitely going to see some framerate drop. It might not be enough to worry about though. I run my GTA on a Dell Studio xps laptop -core i5 2.27ghz, 4 gb ram, and a mobility radeon hd 4670. I tried icenhancer 1.3 and 2.0, and gionights enb, and both knocked me down to <10fps, constantly. I use this low end pc enb - http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/enb-fo...end-pcs-f12875 - and i manage like 30 on average, with a few dips.

Make sure you make a complete backup of your game folder before modding, and you can always just install icenhancer, and if it runs like crap, restore with the backup.
shmimbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #3
dark_blitz

well now that you've mentioned it i guess i'll just pass until the other desktop pc has a Video Card in it, anyways thanks! i dont want to ruin my game by sacrificing FPS im already enjoying it normally on high settings, i think im gonna install the mod once i finish the game thanks for the reply!
Old 03-08-2012   #4
thoughtsoutside

thoughtsoutside is an unknown quantity at this point
If you do want to enhance your gta experience, graphics wise, you can also use graphics mods like reality or visual or realism mods. Also, you can manually increase the shadow and reflection resolution with the following command lines.
-shadowresolution
-reflectionresolution

an example would be
-reflectionresolution 2048

I did that to my gta and everything looked much nicer (especially the reflections). I only took a 3-7 fps hit.
thoughtsoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #5
dark_blitz

those 3-7fps hit is already large for me, if my fps in busy areas are 25 then take out 7 then it the fps would be 18 or even worse, on youtube, i saw some vids regarding their videocards showing off their pc performance, the other one had same RealismIV and VisualIV plus the ENB installed while just running on a dual core atleast 2.7ghz i dont really know if it's fraps that was making the lag but i can say the FPS was atleast below 12 i also remember installing a particular HD road textures it made the loading took forever
Old 03-09-2012   #6
thoughtsoutside

well, you can try visua iv and reality or realism. I only took one fps hit. However, reality might have been more like 3. You could also just increase the reflection resolution by itself (which will look great) for a very small hit to fps. You have to experiment a bit though. The experience you had with hd road textures seems odd. Did you set your video memory with command lines? That helped me with loading textures much faster (no pop up now ).
Old 03-10-2012   #7
dark_blitz

im looking into it now, i realized that the reflection settings go with the shadows, no shadows no reflections or so that it only appears when the road is wet.. but the difference is really huge. i think it's also good if icenhancer with shadows are on is a good result but as i have said, the FPS being dragged out to 15 ~ 20 (no mods) i also fixed the stuttering problem with the -memrestrict but it's also eating out some fps only minor, since that occured i wanted to try out the iCenhancer even more... what do you mean with Video memory command lines? what i meant was it was very laggy about 10 ~ 13fps with the HD Textures also the loading really took some time around 2mins or atleast 1min and a half but that was with my previous Dual Core XD

does the shadow/reflectionresolution effective even without the mod?

Last edited by dark_blitz; 03-10-2012 at 05:55 AM..
Old 03-12-2012   #8
thoughtsoutside

add a commandline.txt file to your gta iv directory. Mine has the following. just add it to your text file with my edits taken out.

-norestrictions
-norestriction
-nomemrestrict
-availablevidmem 32 (this part is very important.... though you should just set this to something like 1-4. I set it to 32 b/c I have lots of virtual ram for my laptop,and gta iv seems to only use it when I put this number really high.
-percentvidmem 100
-noprecache
-novsync
-novblank
-frameLimit 0

(The above lines are essential. the following are optional. you will take 1-2fps hit. Shadow resolutoin doesn't really make a difference)...
-reflectionresolution 2048
-shadowresolution 2048
Old 03-13-2012   #9
dark_blitz

ok ok thanks thoughts! i'll do that, i currently applied the RealismIV i don't seem to see any difference, im running my game on medium Shadows with Anistropic x16 everything is fine but i really lose about 5 ~ 7fps on some busy areas but it'll do