Old 03-06-2012   #1
shmimbadad

shmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished road
Vehicle.ide file?

How does the vehicle.ide file work, and what does it do? Mostly, what I'm getting at is, if I'm installing a replacement car mod, that is, by default, supposed to replace the banshee, but I already have a car replacing a banshee, what do I do about the vehicle.ide line for the new car, if I want to replace the sultan rs instead? I changed the wtd and wft files to sultanrs, that works fine. I take the handling.dat line that came with the mod, and just copy the numbers, and put them in the sultanrs line instead of banshee, and that works, but what about the vehicle.ide line? It has "banshee" in it like 5 times. Do I just change all of those to "sultanrs", then replace the sultanrs line? How does this work?
shmimbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #2
Jotov_24
Strange beautiful grass of green...

Jotov_24 is on a distinguished roadJotov_24 is on a distinguished roadJotov_24 is on a distinguished road
Check this.
http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?...IDE_Section%29

Every car needs a handling line, a vehicles.ide line, a carcols line. Some others are camera values thru vehOff.csv or car names at text/.gxt (not neccesary to change).
Jotov_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #3
shmimbadad

shmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished roadshmimbadad is on a distinguished road
holy crap, that's a bookmark. Thanks a bunch. That pretty much explains everything. Hahaha. Now to go and fix all the vehicle.ide lines for my car mods.
shmimbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #4
Markingsoup

Markingsoup is an unknown quantity at this point
where can i find the vehicles.ide file in my GTA Files?
Markingsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013   #5
Naruto 607
The young Law Enforcer from Konoha

Naruto 607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markingsoup View Post
where can i find the vehicles.ide file in my GTA Files?
Open the folder common from GTA IV main directory, then data folder. Search for vehicles.ide on the search tool, and voila.
Naruto 607 is offline   Reply With Quote