Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012   #1
Tacongcohan

Tacongcohan is on a distinguished roadTacongcohan is on a distinguished roadTacongcohan is on a distinguished road
Graphic problem...maybe, please help?

Hi guys, I'm new and this is my first post. I've been encountering some problem with my graphic, per the attached pictures. The ways this happens is that when I turn somewhere else, and turn back to that view, that "space" appear, and after I give it a second to "load", it comes out normal again. My guess for this is because my GPU processing power isn't quite enough for the mods I'm using, or for the game for that matter. But any solution or suggestions to fix this would be very lovely, please help.

My PC specs are:

i7 960 @ 3.20 GHz 3.19 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti 2GB (Main GPU)
NVIDIA GTS 450 (PhysX Card, I've been told that this car is bottlenecking my main GPU, and I have turned this off completely and noticed no difference in performance of the main GPU)

Tacongcohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I would suggest first trying to lower the gta graphics options before uninstalling any mods. For this problem try adjusting view distance (or whatevers it's called) and lower the graphics options.

If that doesn't change anything you might want to try removing your graphics mod, but I can hardly imagine that your graphics mod is that intense that it's making your game so much slower

Which graphics mod do you have and did you have these problems from the start (with a clean install of gta?)
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #3
Tacongcohan

Tacongcohan is on a distinguished roadTacongcohan is on a distinguished roadTacongcohan is on a distinguished road
Err...let see, I got a few things in there.

Better City Texture by 0hiena0
Road Texture by (I can't remember who)
ENB Series 0.082 Config By !BFT! Clan GTA IV Division Patch 1.0.7.0
SMAA + effect for GTA IV by Legacyy
Obviously a tons of vehicle mods, no EMP since I can't get it to work . Some sound mods.

This feels to me as if it's because my GPU processing power isn't fast enough to set the scenery up before I turn to view it, that's why it's doing this, SLI might be a solution? Opinions greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2012   #4
mascotefera
Newbie Member

mascotefera is an unknown quantity at this point
I have this problem TLAD was testing Vr5874 1.2a with it only
mascotefera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #5
Tacongcohan

I found something about it. I do use the "Native Ingame Trainer". If I go in and play the game regularly, none of this happens. But if I ever have to use the "Teleport" function of the trainer, where the game to recreate a different scenery in a flash, apparently that put a massive strain on the GPU, causing the processing speed to slow down, thus slowing the visual speed. Or maybe I'm just imagining things, could be just the refresh rate problem...? Anyone else got any ideas?
Old 02-26-2012   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Or could be you have to load new textures into memory. Even though you have a nice amount of VMEM the game will not preload different textures from different areas.

It's a streaming engine, which means if you teleport to somewhere else (distance is not specified in your posts) then the game will have to take that second you described to load something that isn't a temporary texture. Higher resolution textures mean more size and more Video memory used + more time needed to load the texture.

Though judging from your original post you experience this every time, everywhere when you simply turn the camera. I doubt the game engine would need to unload textures, then again I have no idea how much your straining the engine with the additional graphic mods.
Old 02-26-2012   #7
Tacongcohan

I tend to abuse the teleport function quite often, I'm guessing that might be the problem, and the distance is island to island every time I teleport. That might be my problem then, I tested again and again and seems like the only time this happens is when the game having to reload a whole new area, then it starts to strain the speed of the GPU. If I actually take times and drive to objective, it's actually fine.
Old 03-01-2012   #8
v1c3q4

v1c3q4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, Id like to know if it is normal to get 10-15 fps with this specs:

intel core duo E8500 3.16 ghz
4g ram ddr3
XFX radeon HD6970

Im runnin enb 1.25 with better city textures and I got almost every car replaced including some trucks.

Any help would be much aprecciated.
v1c3q4 is offline   Reply With Quote