Old 02-29-2012   #1
TheFourthHorse

TheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enough
Taxi Bug?

I've heard of the infamous taxi bug you get when you add modded cars but I'm getting something slightly different.When I play, I get nothing but Taxis, Police Cars, and ONE type of civilian vehicle... today it happened to be the primo...

Is this the same bug or what?

Any thoughts on fixing it?

Why can't I have nice things?
TheFourthHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Yes that's the same bug, alot of times with this bug it's alot of taxis, police cars and the car you are driving. There are various taxibug fixes out there.. some work, some don't (some just don't work at all and some do for some people).

Those fixes usually slow down your pc somewhat though (at least it did with mine, and I have a pretty decent pc)

I tried a variantion of car packs (with included taxi bug fixes) and this one worked best for me (so far):
http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/ci...ack-v12-f11837

You can also just install the fixes of that pack and not the cars themself, I'm not sure which fix is it in you'll have to check. Just keep in mind that alot of these fixes (in my experience) fix the bug partly.. you'll still see a large amount of taxis.

P.S. You can't have nice things because everything your master touches dies
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #3
TheFourthHorse

TheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enoughTheFourthHorse will become famous soon enough
Must be my Crown Victoria police cruisers...

edit:

Yea the fix is just that the modded cars don't exceed their vanilla sizes so I give up. Fact is this game sucks with out mods and apparently it still sucks with mods... it's a shame the only ones I really wanted mess up the game. Got it for $3 and I still regret it... I'm uninstalling and going back to Skyrim.

Thanks for all the help Killer.

Last edited by TheFourthHorse; 03-01-2012 at 09:30 AM..
TheFourthHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #4
Jotov_24
Strange beautiful grass of green...

Jotov_24 is on a distinguished roadJotov_24 is on a distinguished roadJotov_24 is on a distinguished road
IMHO the best taxibug fix currently is TrafficLoad.
Of course it has a 'dark side', like disappearing textures and some other memory problems if you're not into high-end GPU.
But in latest version it brings an .ini file which you can tweak. I.e. reduce 'carspercycle=10' and it helps with texture problems and flickering buildings, etc.
For me & for my car pack still works, and i don't own a 'monster-pc'.

About police cars... i think they're the most problematic to replace in terms of memory leaks & performance. Not only here, even in past GTA games. Specially when you get 3-stars level and lots of NOOSE vehicles coming for you... police and taxi cars are the latest i would replace.
Jotov_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #5
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I can understand your frustration but that's the reason why I gave up carmods, I have weaponskins, playerskin, clothing skins/mods, graphics mod but all my cars are default. It's still a terrific game without the carmods I assure you. I can understand it's frustrating that you have to choose between a traffic full of taxis or not having your favorite car.. but gta itself has pretty nice cars too.

But okay if you want to give up.. I can understand. Skyrim is a very nice game too (nice suiting image btw haha)

Glad to have been of help, and it was great having you on the forum
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote