Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which version of GTA V will you get?
PC 41 50.62%
XBOX 360 25 30.86%
PS3 37 45.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2012   #1
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Which version of GTA V will you get?

I will get the PC version, no doubt.
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #2
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
PS3. Can't afford a nice computer
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Definitely Xbox 360 and hopefully PC, but I'll probably need an upgrade. What's GTA without mods?!?
Old 02-25-2012   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Definitely Xbox 360 and hopefully PC, but I'll probably need an upgrade. What's GTA without mods?!?
Damn right. I doubt I would have lasted a second playthrough of GTAIV without mods.
Old 02-25-2012   #5
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
360... because that's what I have. Hah. Don't care to keep my PC specs up to date to play games.

I was expecting the poll to be about getting the standard version of the game or a deluxe ~$100 version. I always just get the standard. Don't care for the physical extras. AAAAND I will most likely pre order from whoever has the best bonus.
dokujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #6
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
PS3 for me, i did get IV on PC later on, but i prefer a more relaxed sitting on the sofa gaming experience rather than crouched over a desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
I was expecting the poll to be about getting the standard version of the game or a deluxe ~$100 version. I always just get the standard. Don't care for the physical extras. AAAAND I will most likely pre order from whoever has the best bonus.
I thought that too, and normally i go for the normal version too, but the collectors edition might tempt me this time depending what's in it, a gym bag and metal box didn't really do it for me with IV.
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #7
Tangy
swag.

Tangy is on a distinguished roadTangy is on a distinguished roadTangy is on a distinguished road
Ps3, it's where I've played pretty much all GTA games.
Tangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #8
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
PS3 for me, i did get IV on PC later on, but i prefer a more relaxed sitting on the sofa gaming experience rather than crouched over a desk
What PC gamer doesn't have a decent enough setup to do the same?, with Skyrim, I play it on PC with a PS3 controller, sitting nice and cozy halfway across the room, with a mouse and keyboard right by me if I need them.

----

On-Topic though, probably first 360, I'd get it on PS3, but none of my close friends I'd actually play online with have a PS3. Though it depends on the cash situation, I might get it on both if cashflow permits it.

I say this mainly because I'm pretty sure the PC version won't even be released for another year down the road like usual, and of course I'll be getting that. Every GTA that has ever been, I've gotten on each console they've been released on, the only exception being SA on original xbox.

I didn't really give much of a shit for IV, and I still somehow managed to get it on PS3 and PC, somehow, after getting it on 360 years before.

So, I guess, in the end, I'd eventually and inevitably get it on every thing.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #9
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGF View Post
What PC gamer doesn't have a decent enough setup to do the same?, with Skyrim, I play it on PC with a PS3 controller, sitting nice and cozy halfway across the room, with a mouse and keyboard right by me if I need them.
That's true, I've just always been a console gamer, the only game I play on the computer is Minecraft.

Anyone reckon GTA V might be on multiple disks for the 360, like LA Noire, and Battlefield 3? wasn't IV pushing the limit of what could be stored on a single DVD disk?
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #10
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
PS3. I'm just a complete caveman when it comes to modding and the PC experience.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #11
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
Xbox, because I have an xbox.
GTA Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #12
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Hopefully my PC will be good enough (Core i7 2600k @ 4,5 ghz, 16gb ram, 120gb ssd, gtx 560 ti).
Also I read that the PC version will be launched at the same time as XBOX360/PS3 versions this time.
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #13
ibaphomet

ibaphomet is on a distinguished roadibaphomet is on a distinguished roadibaphomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THB View Post
Hopefully my PC will be good enough (Core i7 2600k @ 4,5 ghz, 16gb ram, 120gb ssd, gtx 560 ti).
Also I read that the PC version will be launched at the same time as XBOX360/PS3 versions this time.
you can run any game out right now, on ultra, and probably for 2 years or more. Can't be serious.
ibaphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #14
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
360 version for me, haven't played GTA on my PC since Vice City and don't have a PS3.
Gui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #15
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by THB View Post
Everything but the GPU is pretty top notch.

What gives?

Probably PS3 version for me once I go back to official Firmware.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote