Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012   #1
wilchatron
Newbie Member

wilchatron is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face ABSOLUTE BEGINNER - need simple guide to mod

I bought GTA4 on disc. I want to mod it but i don't know how; i've already had to reinstall it twice.

If anyone could please clearly and simply tell me cos i know its really pretty easy OR direct me to a really simple guide for-

1. How to make the game moddable

2. Which mod installer to use

3. How to install vehicle mods (if not obvious with the mod installer)

I've literally searched for hours for a mod guide that i understood but i couldnt find one anywhere

I tried making ALL the files in the gta4 folder non read-only but the game wouldn't open. I'll have to reinstall it for the third time and follow someone's instructions from the start.

My system specs are:
Windows 7 service pack 1
Intel i5 2430M processor @ 2.40ghz
3GB RAM (i know, pretty low but i dont mind crappy graphics :p)
1.3 GB Intel HD video card < [is this 'vram'?]
Dunno about the sound

THANKS SO MUCH IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME!! (ps i love this site there are some awesome mods)
wilchatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
To answer your first question, making your game moddable is no longer necessary in the newer patches so I'd suggest you first update to either 1.0.4.0. or 1.0.7.0(latest)

Backup your entire game first (or at least the files you're going to replace). It's best to backup your entire game because that way you will never have to be concerned about wether you have a backup or not of those files (if you want to remove the installed mods later)

Then to install mods first download this program: http://www.gta4-mods.com/tools/spark...0---1060-f4774

then startup the program, hit browse and navigate to pc/models/cdimages

From there on you can install most mods (for vehicles open up vehicles.img .. for weapons weapons.img etc)

for example when you'd like to install a car mod, open up vehicles img (double click) and hit 'import' then select the downloaded files (usually 2 files, one for the textures and one for the 3model). After you've selected the files and imported them.. the changed files should be blue

finally, hit save and exit the program

You have to start your game through the 'gtaivlauncher' (usually automatic but it has to be with administrator rights)
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
kicbocsir
Newbie Member

kicbocsir is an unknown quantity at this point
another absolute newbie ... with ps3

hey there

please help me.. i know nothing about modding. i only know of it..

i have a ps3 (80gb) and the game gta4.

please help guys! i have a 5 year old son named logan and he would love this!!
thanks frank
kicbocsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Mods are for pc only
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
kicbocsir
Newbie Member

kicbocsir is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks

thanks
kicbocsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
masterus
Newbie Member

masterus is an unknown quantity at this point
Some made mods for xbox no ?
Xbox console are basically running windows2000 ? Thus it could be possible to mod this even if it would be a lot of work
Some hackers have already taken elements from GTA V

Last edited by masterus; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:37 AM..
masterus is offline   Reply With Quote