Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012   #1
dbaze540
Newbie Member

dbaze540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Should I buy the complete gta4 on steam?

This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm new so bear with me. I've been playing the razor crack of gta4 for a while, and I just recently discovered the world of modding. so after playing around with a few mods, I managed to break the game and had to re-install. I didn't back up my savegame correctly, so I'm starting all over. I've been thinking about buying the complete gta4 package on steam because I'm interested in the multiplayer, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you start modding the game you lose the multiplayer ability. Is this true? or can I mod the hell out of singleplayer and still go on the multiplayer?
Thanks.
dbaze540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
There are certain mods that aren't available in multiplayer, but they're easily disabled so that you don't have to give up multiplayer completely.

That said, we don't support cracked version of the game here, so please refrain from asking questions about that. The game's cheap, support the developers.
Old 02-14-2012   #3
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
It's mostely script mods that can cause problems online (aside from simple native trainer, which is used alot in MP) as long as you only download skins etc.. there shouldn't be a problem

You do however get placed on different servers (modded servers) to keep you seperated from the people that have a pure installation. Just backup your game and don't install to many mods if you want to play online alot.. if you installed a mod that causes issues you'll get an error after playing a few minutes. It's usually like I said either scripts or 'radical' mods. What I mean by radical is that the changes the mod makes are to different from the basic game.. because not everyone has the same mods the script or mod could refer to something that's not in their game.. therefor causing problems.

For example, I installed an adjusted truck in tbogt a while back.. it was basicly the same truck as the original but the loading space was alot bigger and you could get in the loading space (which u normally can't) when playing online I tried to spawn this truck and it caused an error. I'm guessing because it conflicted with the default game.

Oh and yes you should absolutely buy the game (and like rappo said support the developers), it's fairly cheap. I'd suggest buying the combo pack (episodes for liberty city) because then you can do the following (which I did). Install all the mods in gta 4 (basic) and keep tbogt and tlad clean, this way you can play with mods ánd play a normal online game (in tbogt or tlad).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote