Old 01-30-2012   #1
termin8tor22
Newbie Member

termin8tor22 is an unknown quantity at this point
How To Edit Fix My GTA IV Car Mod

I'm somewhat new to GTA IV Modding so please nothing too technical.
About a month ago I installed a new Car Pack Mod to the game and it works great except for a few things.

The problems are:
A.) I want the car to have its actual name, (e.g. Instead of "Infernus", have it say "Lamborghini").

B.) There's way to many taxis on the road, is there a way to clean up/decrease the number of taxis?

C.) When i get into a car (e.g. "Cavacade"), there is all of the sudden a million "Cavacades" on the road and maybe one or two cars of a different model. (This goes for all cars.)

D.) How do you make it so the "Turismo" and "Infernus" have the same acceleration, breaking, and turning.

I'm running GTA IV on the newest patch (1.0.7.0) and again I'm kind of a beginner.
This is my first post so please let me no if I'm posting something wrong.
Any help is appreciated, Thanks.
termin8tor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #2
j0wnz

j0wnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey you may find this useful, GoodLuck
j0wnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #3
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
The many taxis appearing is the well known taxi-bug .. it appears often when installing custom cars. Taxi's are somehow easier to load for the game so that's why the game loads so many taxis, there are some fixes out there that work for some people you could try those (trafficload, traffic control system for example) these mods do however often slow down your game (that's what it did for me at least)

I believe the reason that so many of the same car appear has to do with the same reason that so many taxis appear.. loading different cars is somewhat harder on the game or something. There are some scripts that adjust these loadoption to make the traffic more diverse.. just google or check gta4-mods.com

For the vehicle editing you mentioned (names and settings) I'd suggest looking at point 2 of the link jOwns provided
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #4
termin8tor22
Newbie Member

Hey guys thanks for the help,

@jOwnz: the site helped me with handling.dat and the editing car, yet I'm confused on what changes what and so on.
@ Killerfist666: I will try a traffic mod and see if that helps

I'm still having a problem with changing the carnames, do yall know how to edit these. Is there a program I can use or a file I can edit?
Thanks again
Old 01-31-2012   #5
j0wnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by termin8tor22 View Post
Hey guys thanks for the help,

@jOwnz: the site helped me with handling.dat and the editing car, yet I'm confused on what changes what and so on.
@ Killerfist666: I will try a traffic mod and see if that helps

I'm still having a problem with changing the carnames, do yall know how to edit these. Is there a program I can use or a file I can edit?
Thanks again
When you get more in depth with GTA IV file modding you have to take full attention to what your modding and changing as well as backup your files before the modding begins. and also backup things afterwards. (if you've got good certains settings).
There are apps that handle the specifcally the handling and names data but I have yet to find a program that works properly for me to do it . I just ending up opening the handling file with notepad and chaging things lol, i lucked out and made a nice drivable Nissan GT-R/ Sultan RS Handling settings.
The Program I was using was called "iv needle" people says its good but i guess not compatible on my verion of GTA IV 1070.
Old 02-01-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I think I've found it, just go to your gta folder , go to common/text. I've seen an other mod renaming vehicles and they used the american.gxt

Not sure how to open the file though .. it is possible with notepad but you'll get a bunch of wierd symbols

*Edit* You can use this program http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1074 it's ment for gta sa but can be used for gta IV too. The file doesn't make much sense to me when you open it up but that's for you to figure out.

Here's the mod I was talking about : http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380267
You could download it and see what the author of the mod did to change the names

Last edited by Killerfist; 02-01-2012 at 05:39 AM..
Old 02-01-2012   #7
termin8tor22
Newbie Member

@jOwnz: IV Needle isn't compatible with 1.0.7.0. I finaly understand handling.dat (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118800) so I've made a new drift setting and super car setting!

@Killerfist666: TrafficLoad gives me a "GTA Has Stopped Working" error. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've installed an asi loader and dsound and scripthook 0.5.1.

The problems I'm still having are:

Quote:
A.) I want the car to have its actual name, (e.g. Instead of "Infernus", have it say "Lamborghini").

B.) There's way to many taxis on the road, is there a way to clean up/decrease the number of taxis?

C.) When i get into a car (e.g. "Cavacade"), there is all of the sudden a million "Cavacades" on the road and maybe one or two cars of a different model. (This goes for all cars.)
Old 02-02-2012   #8
Jotov_24
Strange beautiful grass of green...

Jotov_24 is on a distinguished roadJotov_24 is on a distinguished roadJotov_24 is on a distinguished road
GXT Editor works. I've used it for my car pack. Car names are in the 'main' thing. Just start typing 'sabre' or whatever and it will appear.
Jotov_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #9
termin8tor22
Newbie Member

I've tried gxt editor and there aren't any car names in American.gxt. I searched: comet, sultan,infernus, Turismo, and coqvette, none show up under MAIN.
Again I'm on 1.0.7.0 if that makes any difference
Old 02-02-2012   #10
j0wnz

Quote:

@Killerfist666: TrafficLoad gives me a "GTA Has Stopped Working" error. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've installed an asi loader and dsound and scripthook 0.5.1.

The problems I'm still having are:
Hey did you install the asi loader after a fresh install of GTA IV? It tends to error when you install car mods and then install the asi loaders stuff.
Old 02-02-2012   #11
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Don't know why trafficload wouldnt work.. make sure you've got the right version of scripthook and your asiloader

If it still doesn't work .. there's a shitload of other taxi bugs fixes, just browse the gta sites. I've an other one for you but it requires some memory http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/real...spaw-102-f4404

Don't know if it works, for me most fixes either don't work or take up to much of the performance.. but then again that might just be my pc
Old 02-04-2012   #12
termin8tor22
Newbie Member

Hey guys sorry for not posting back sooner,
I have successfully installed an Asi loader, traffic load, and simple trainer
Traffic load did fix the problem of to many taxis and so on,
No my only problem still remains
How doyou change the names of cars
This program will change the names but only one car at a time http://www.gta4-mods.com/tools/gta-i...ler-v12-f11235
Is there any way to find out the file/code its changing
Thanks guys
Old 06-27-2012   #13
ultragamerx
Newbie Member

ultragamerx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'm somewhat new to GTA IV Modding so please nothing too technical.
About a month ago I installed a new Car Pack Mod to the game and it works great except for a few things.

The problems are:

D.) How do you make it so the "Turismo" and "Infernus" have the same acceleration, breaking, and turning.

I'm running GTA IV on the newest patch (1.0.7.0) and again I'm kind of a beginner.
This is my first post so please let me no if I'm posting something wrong.
Any help is appreciated, Thanks.
To change your car name download and install-GTA IV Vehicle Mod Installer. I t will also install your mods automatically just like SAMI [san andreas mod installer]
ultragamerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #14
CodemasterRob
Newbie Member

CodemasterRob is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey. I know this post is old, but it's the only place I've seen someone fix this. How did you get the traffic loader to work? I've installed all sorts of different xlive's, asi's, etc. Think you could dropbox me what you used? It's the same problem. Taxis everywhere, same car appearing over and over once you actually find one that isn't a taxi, etc.

That's my desperation for today. Thanks for any help.
CodemasterRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013   #15
aydinei

aydinei is an unknown quantity at this point
The best and save way and usual I think is editing trainer.ini of simple native trainer. When I replace a car I go there and change the name to be able to find it easier later and spawn it.
aydinei is offline   Reply With Quote