Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012   #1
j0wnz

j0wnz is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA IV 1070 Clear Car Skins?

Hey im wondering How your guys cars look so clean and clear in the pictures?
I get these black specs all over the car and it never looks as cleans as most of your guys screenshots of the mods.
Am I missing a mod here?
Right now I got a fresh install of GTA IV 1070 with CGE ENB v. 2.01. Its looking good but im not getting clean looking paint it seems any help would be nice.
Thank you in advanced,
j0wnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Isnt it just dirt? .. just go to carwasher or use simple native trainer to clean it
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #3
j0wnz

Right now i have my game moded nicely but i didnt put any scripts mods or antyhing only ENB and Car mods some cars just dont look clean still after a car wash . it has this black dots on the car paint. Dont know if there was something to resolve this on the forum if someone could point me to That would be great!
Here is a 1.0.7.0. ENB shot of my setup now

Last edited by j0wnz; 01-27-2012 at 04:32 PM..
Old 01-27-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
You need to log in for that link .. try putting it on photobucket or imagecave or something

Wierd bug, never heard of that before.. I'd like to see what you mean
Old 01-27-2012   #5
j0wnz

Hey sorry about that im noob i used wrong link type lol hope you can see in my photo album now what the black dots im talking about is.
Now try the Links from my previous post
Here is a video LINK to my settings as of now during Day Time Enjoy!

Last edited by j0wnz; 01-27-2012 at 06:12 PM..
Old 01-28-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Hey I see what you mean, I had trouble finding it untill the 2nd screenshot of your album (I didn't see any problems in the vid, looked perfectly fine)

The problem isn't the car, it's your graphics mod. Some graphics mods are a little grainy .. that's all it is.. grain. If you're really unsatisfied with that I'd suggest installing an other graphics mod.
Old 01-28-2012   #7
j0wnz

In my video the GT-R is so clean and more clean fter a car wash its only that porche that looks like that and did you look at the porche mirrors? it doesnt have the black dots/ grains, im thinkin its some color code issue in the car modders file!?!
Im wondering is it changable by adding your own different color schemes or codes to the car?
I like that porche but with that detail i cant fully enjoy the game thanks for your experiance and explaination what it is im seeing
Old 01-28-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

No I really think it's the graphics mod, the reflection sometimes is grainy .. here take a look at one of my screenshots.. if you look closely u'll see it too (and this is a default car).

Old 01-28-2012   #9
j0wnz

its just odd tho cuz some cars really looks beautiful and then others dont...but I see what you mean, untill then lets hope these 1070 Graphics mods get more better! Anyone modders who read this thanks to all the great awesome mods this community has put forth! SERIOUSLY excellent work Now I need to learn to model too so I can put some cars In-game I would want xD
Old 01-28-2012   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I'm guessing the cars with the most detailed look get this grain the most? some cars might have a little more matte paint job which has less reflection and there for less (or none) of this grain (or black spots as u call them).
Old 01-28-2012   #11
Spidereon

Spidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished road
The idea is much simpler than that, most IV cars use a silver alloy spec for their cars and that's the effect of it. Why people have much clearer images is that they use IV mods which most modders (including me) don't use that type of spec. It really doesn't look that good. If you want to remove it, you can open up your vehshare.wtd and replace silver alloy texture with a blank completely white texture. Give that a try, I just thought of it now.

It's called "vehicle_generic_alloy_silver_spec" in the vehshare.wtd
Spidereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #12
j0wnz

The thing also is that the car mirrors on that porche model look clear without the specs. is there a way i can just edit the cars reflection code not to give off that grainy since most of my cars are fine I dont want to go changing some other graphic tecture over the 1 car... for now anyway xP But thanks for the tip! I may resort to it if I find more cars like this.

Here is another shot of another car but looks fine and clean.

I know its more farther away shot but as you can see its more clean

Last edited by j0wnz; 01-28-2012 at 05:03 PM..
Old 01-29-2012   #13
Spidereon

Spidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished road
Did you read what I just said? That texture is only used for body parts, it'll only replace that grainy feel with a clear one. And as I said, most modders don't use it.
Spidereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #14
j0wnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidereon View Post
Did you read what I just said? That texture is only used for body parts, it'll only replace that grainy feel with a clear one. And as I said, most modders don't use it.
Would you be able to share that file with me?
Old 02-01-2012   #15
j0wnz

Thumbs up THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidereon View Post
The idea is much simpler than that, most IV cars use a silver alloy spec for their cars and that's the effect of it. Why people have much clearer images is that they use IV mods which most modders (including me) don't use that type of spec. It really doesn't look that good. If you want to remove it, you can open up your vehshare.wtd and replace silver alloy texture with a blank completely white texture. Give that a try, I just thought of it now.

It's called "vehicle_generic_alloy_silver_spec" in the vehshare.wtd
Okay I did this and it worked!
Thanks Spidereon!