Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012   #1
Jimmy.
Banned
Banned

Jimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enough
A medal and Awarding system

O we have reputation system. But some positive posts can easily get us more E-rep. Still I think there should an Awarding system to Medals awarded by Global Mods and Staff higher than that. That will the best contributors in here will be able to be pointed out and staff will be able to award for the Following:

Helpfulness
Provocative Discussion
Major Achievement
Contribution Award

I could design the Medals for this. If any of the Staff can create a Script then I can surely make the Medals.

What do you guys think of this?
Old 01-06-2012   #2
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
You're not the first person to suggest something similar, but to be honest, novelties like that are rarely worth the effort. The focus should be on the main site, not the forums.
The only reason we even have the rep system is because it was enabled by default.
Old 01-06-2012   #3
Jimmy.
Banned
Banned

Jimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enoughJimmy. will become famous soon enough
To be serious, I think people should have a recognition for their contribution. And Medals would look more cooler in user profile and posts. GTAGaming, being one of the biggest GTA sites should have something like this implemented.
Old 01-06-2012   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If you want recognition, run a charity show.

It's a forum. You make a good thread, people discuss in it, argue and etc. You get e-penis from being acknowledged from the people you speak with, and if you go for the extra effort on something then sure people will thank you/acknowledge your work by talking about it on other sites.

Hell, example being a few people who made amazing GTAIV videos. They had their name and video advertised on the front page of GTAG, that's in the end quite a few hits. And that's a stepping stone, people talk and link your videos elsewhere, and that's how you get recognized. It's a example, but you can extend it to mostly anything.

As far as this forum is concerned, it's a community. People have known each-other for years, they don't really require a fancy banner because word of mouth is king in a community.

A image is just that, an image. Would it really make a difference parading yourself above other individuals?
Old 01-06-2012   #5
Jimmy.
Banned
Banned

I acknowledge what you said. I am trying to say that my suggestion is a major idea or something. This just maybe taken up as a mark of token. Not every respected member needs it. IMO it should be something that represents one's contribution.
Closed Thread