Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011   #1
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
GTA V Map Speculation

So I was looking at Los Angeles on google maps, as I'm from the UK, i don't really know much about LA, but i decided to speculate on what the map might include, obviously Rockstar will move things around a bit, and fit them into the shape they need, but this was my idea of how much we might see.

anyone agree or have some other ideas, will we see less than this, or possibly more?
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #2
XzzzX
Newbie Member

XzzzX is on a distinguished roadXzzzX is on a distinguished roadXzzzX is on a distinguished road
Would be cool if Hawaii was in GTA V. With ferries going there and stuff. Maybe Hawaii is a little far away. I'm not sure since I'm not from the US.
XzzzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #3
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Markonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished road
Ferries to Hawaii?? lol man, It's not just "a little far away", it's like 4000km away!
Markonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #4
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Malibu to Santa Ana. That is my guess on how it big it will be.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #5
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
I do hope it includes the islands to the south of LA, they are part of Los Angles County afterall, they look like a cool place to do some offroading and just as somewhere to fly to, or perhaps have ferries too, and yeah hawaii isn't going to be included, it's way out in the middle of the pacific
Old 11-07-2011   #6
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Can't remember the name of the island, but there is one island that's out their that the US Navy uses for training
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #7
gmcb007

gmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished road
The area you highlighted would be brillant. I love the idea of there being a forest setting followed by desert
gmcb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #8
JStarr31

JStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished road
wwhat i showed the same damn map.....but when i did it i was ''clutching at straws"....you guys are bias here....anyhow Lukeyy19, good speculating i think it'll be about the same minus everything south east of Huntington/Anaheim (as its the only part you highlighted thats not located in LA county....thats another thing everyone stop think LA city but rather LA county
JStarr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #9
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStarr31 View Post
wwhat i showed the same damn map.....but when i did it i was ''clutching at straws"....you guys are bias here....anyhow Lukeyy19, good speculating i think it'll be about the same minus everything south east of Huntington/Anaheim (as its the only part you highlighted thats not located in LA county....thats another thing everyone stop think LA city but rather LA county
i dont think they were saying that that the map was wrong, i think people were saying that the tear in the advert being a hint was clutching at straws.

i did consider cutting that part off but it looks very much a part of the place, like its all connected, so i just left it in and cut it off at an open space.
Old 11-07-2011   #10
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
I hope they actually include Edwards airforce base. That would great for stealing planes and jets and military vehicles. Maybe they will bring back the rhino?
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #11
igrvks
Newbie Member

igrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished road
The two islands would be a nice touch but I think that if R* would include them they wouldn't be so far out. Because as much as I like driving boats(or any vehicles) a map with almost half of it consisting of water would be disappointing. Also, imagine crashing your plane/helicopter out there and swimming back.

I would personally move the boundaries more to east/northeast and have the islands a bit closer.
igrvks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #12
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrvks View Post
The two islands would be a nice touch but I think that if R* would include them they wouldn't be so far out. Because as much as I like driving boats(or any vehicles) a map with almost half of it consisting of water would be disappointing. Also, imagine crashing your plane/helicopter out there and swimming back.

I would personally move the boundaries more to east/northeast and have the islands a bit closer.
I imagine they would be closer, but how about, if you spend more than 2 mins a certain distance away from land, a lifeguard boat comes along which you can get in if you wish like a taxi and it takes you to the nearest dock?
Old 11-08-2011   #13
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
I hope we can get into Charlie Harper's house in Malibu
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #14
michael-lee91
Newbie Member

michael-lee91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by XzzzX View Post
Would be cool if Hawaii was in GTA V. With ferries going there and stuff. Maybe Hawaii is a little far away. I'm not sure since I'm not from the US.
u been playing too much tdu lol
michael-lee91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #15
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
I imagine they would be closer, but how about, if you spend more than 2 mins a certain distance away from land, a lifeguard boat comes along which you can get in if you wish like a taxi and it takes you to the nearest dock?
That could be good, or a simple function like what Saints Row has by pressing Y to just teleport to the shore
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote