Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012   #1
Viperslayer
Newbie Member

Viperslayer is an unknown quantity at this point
First time playing GTA IV on the PC

I've been installing mods on PC games for awhile now. Most of the elder scroll series, and a few Relic games, so installing mods is something I have no problem with. Also have 3D modelling skills and Texturing skills honed from over like 10 years, but more speciically this is my first time getting GTA IV up and running on my computer. I spent a lot of money on a computer in 2009, and it had two GTX 295s in quad sli, but you know how GTA IV is and how it likes to destroy even the best of computers, so I didn't bother after not being able to get a decent FPS (anything under max settings and 40 FPS I won't play).

Welll I updated my computer, and here I am now.
I already got ENB running and making GTA 4 as realistic looking as possible, that was no sweat... but when it comes to really popular mods I was wondering if people could point me in the right direction as to what to download, what to install etc.

I play forza 4, non stop, so cars like the bugatti Veyron SS and such are good mods for me to install, but is there any overlaying script UI or anything like that tha makes on the go ini file editing or variouis other settings, ie; spawning vehicles while staying in the game interface? I'm just looking to install the key important mods and anything else anyone recommends me to download.
Viperslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Simple native trainer is a very usefull script http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/g...ript-mods/2115

It can spawn cars, make you invincible turn you into a pedestrian .. and much much more. It can do pretty much everything that's scripted in the game .

Other than that I would simply browse gta4-mods.com and look up some nice weapons, playerskins etc .. and I'd suggest installing a weaponsoundsmod

I myself am a big fan of the battlefield series so I prefer this one

http://www.gta4-mods.com/weapons/bat...-10-fix-f12071

or this one

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/battle...on-sound-f9612
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #3
Viperslayer
Newbie Member

Are their any massive feature adding mods which add more immersion to gameplay making the world of Liberty City a more realistic and vibrant place, more like living a real life? Maybe more stores, or more houses to buy, something like a big massive mod that adds a ton of features.
Old 01-12-2012   #4
AngryAmoeba
Novice Modder

AngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished road
If you're into realism, you might like some of my script mods. Check the sig!
Deadly Wrecks car wrecks hurt, seatbelt helps
Weapon Weight weapons and ammo slow you down
Weapon Storage store weapons & ammo in safehouses
Real Reload more realistic reload model for guns
Hide Radar hide the radar & health bars for HUD-free gameplay

My specs:
Q6600 @ 3.0GHz || 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM || GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB
24" LCD @ 1920x1200 || Windows 7 Professional x64 || GTA4 v1.0.4.0
AngryAmoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #5
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Yes you should definity try out some of Angryamoeba's mods .. but first I'd suggest playing the game with no mods at all.. how are you going to notice progress if you haven't even played the game without any mods? xD

I don't have alot of experience with his other mods but arrestwarrant is definitely a script you should try out. You mentioned making the city feel more alive.. the mod that came to mind is this one

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/more-liberty-v3-f4235

It adds more cars and people to the street .. making liberty city feel much more like new york. I don't use it because it'll cost u some performance but you could give it a try.

I personally think Gta IV already does a great job making the city feel alive though , jus try walking the streets at night for example... or driving along the beach in a nice flashy car hehe . Alot of people prefer san andreas over gta IV but I'm a big fan of gta iv.. if you spend alot of time just driving, walkng around etc you notice how much work the've put into this game. I've had it since the releaes date and still I discover stuff somethimes that I've never noticed before.
Old 01-12-2012   #6
Viperslayer
Newbie Member

Oh no no, I beat this game senselessly on the Xbox 360. But yea let me look into the stuff you guys said so far.

Also, Is there a guide to adding cars I download to the game without replacing exisiting cars in game?
Old 01-12-2012   #7
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Here's a guide: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=420911
It's definitely a bit more difficult, and can be faulty, but you can give it a go!

Also for more realism, you should definitely check out ENB mods
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Oh I forgot one mod that's definitely worth downloading:

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5529 (version 2.7 for basic gta game I believe)

It not only enables you to drive alot faster, it also makes the driving more realistic and makes the cars that appear in traffic more diverse. You never see a bus drive in the standard game for example (or at least I never saw one) but this mod also adds them to the traffic. You have some options to choose from (car damage, agility choppers) I have it on default car damage and default chopper this because I had trouble keeping the agile chopper under control xD.. but which one u pick ill leave that up to you.