Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011   #1
alboxblood
Newbie Member

alboxblood is an unknown quantity at this point
Question GTA IV crashing when i install a car mod pack

It's fine when i install stuff individuality, but when i try to install a vehicle pack it just crashes on startup. I tried like 4 different mod packs and it's the same. I'm pretty sure i'm not doing anything wrong since it's pretty straight forward, replace the files. Can you guys help me?
alboxblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #2
corporalvenus

corporalvenus is on a distinguished roadcorporalvenus is on a distinguished roadcorporalvenus is on a distinguished road
are you getting an 'out of memory' fatal error? try downloading an original vehicles.img car pack and keeping that in your folder with your mods just in case you get the taxi bug or a fatal error. or in the future make a backups folder where you copy and paste your original files into so when something goes wrong you can go back in and reinstall the original.
corporalvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #3
alboxblood
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalvenus View Post
are you getting an 'out of memory' fatal error? try downloading an original vehicles.img car pack and keeping that in your folder with your mods just in case you get the taxi bug or a fatal error. or in the future make a backups folder where you copy and paste your original files into so when something goes wrong you can go back in and reinstall the original.
i actually have them all backed up so that's no problem. I t just says that GTA has stop working and it closes :/
Old 12-30-2011   #4
corporalvenus

corporalvenus is on a distinguished roadcorporalvenus is on a distinguished roadcorporalvenus is on a distinguished road
it looks like there's something amiss with the install of the car pack. could be a number of issues. my game crashes when a civilian steals a car and the cops start shooting at him. it's a funny sight to see. but when another civilian runs up to me and pulls out a glock because i was loitering watching the anarchy unfold, fires upon me, and then the cops spin around and start shooting at him my game crashes. it's well worth the crash though. if anyone knows a fix to this these type of conflicting scripts let me know.

but yeah looks like it might be the situation i described above. some conflicting mods that are keeping the game from loading.
corporalvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011   #5
alboxblood
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalvenus View Post
it looks like there's something amiss with the install of the car pack. could be a number of issues. my game crashes when a civilian steals a car and the cops start shooting at him. it's a funny sight to see. but when another civilian runs up to me and pulls out a glock because i was loitering watching the anarchy unfold, fires upon me, and then the cops spin around and start shooting at him my game crashes. it's well worth the crash though. if anyone knows a fix to this these type of conflicting scripts let me know.

but yeah looks like it might be the situation i described above. some conflicting mods that are keeping the game from loading.
the only other mod i have besides the pack is native trainer, i deleted all it's files and it still does it. anyone know the problem?