Old 01-13-2012   #1
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
Ron Paul 2012

The one and final hope for the United States of America. Make the right choice.

The guy hasn't changed his stance on anything in over 30 years. Wants to do away with the Federal Reserve and the IRS, and ACTUALLY bring our troops home.

For the first time ever, I'm going to vote republican. Whoa.
Old 01-13-2012   #2
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
The kind of idealistic candidate for young people who haven't lived in the real world long enough.
Old 01-13-2012   #3
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I honestly have no idea what he stands for but I know he's popular on the internet.

The most I've heard about is probably Newt and Romney (and Cain before he dropped out)

But I honestly don't pay attention to politics much, I feel like everyone's full of shit so it makes it hard for me to care.

Our country's fucked either way.
Old 01-13-2012   #4
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Typical "the government should be tiny!" bullshit. Anybody who seriously thinks the republicans are the "only hope for the USA" are delusional as hell. No offense HH. The real problem is in the house of representatives where the dumbass republicans block any form of legislation that they believe would make Obama and the democrats look good. They don't give a damn about the people. Get those assholes out and let the president do his job. People who don't know shit about how government works always blame Obama for not being able to accomplish much when in reality the stupid god damn house republicans are the ones preventing anything from getting done.

I seriously hope the younger people here who can vote aren't LAZY DICKS like in the midterm elections. Young people practically handed the house over to the Tea Party retards.

I'm mad. If we didn't have an electoral college system we wouldn't have to put up with this shit. There are a lot more democrats in this country than republicans.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #5
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Whoever wins will just become another puppet.

Everyone was hyped for Obama. "He can't be as bad as bush was, right"

In 4 years time we'll look back and say "man Obama wasn't that bad compared to this guy, REMEMBER BUSH? He wasn't so bad."
Old 01-14-2012   #6
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
The thing is Obama doesn't even have a lot of really controversial policies the way Bush had. Bush's policies were basically hated by everyone at the end of his term. Obama's problem is in the ignorance of the people. People who say "he can't get stuff done" don't know how the system works. They don't realize his bills need to be passed by a republican majority in the house of representatives that want him out of office for their own political gain. SOME people are catching onto it, but it's sad how many people out there still think Obama can just pass any bill he wants. He's one of the most eloquent speakers recent presidential history but that doesn't mean much when the opposition doesn't care about what he has to say regardless of the benefits it would have on the country.

As it stands right now the republicans are way too conservative for the independent voters. Obama will probably win but I really hope they get the Tea Party scum out of office and regain control of the house.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 01-14-2012   #7
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
So in Ron Paul's America, is my local library sponsored by Burger King? Where does he expect money for public services to come from? How do public universities stay in business? I've tried searching for his explanation on this and couldn't find anything, just the same old "income tax is degrading and the government shouldn't control our lives this much!"

Saying the same thing for thirty years isn't noble. It means nobody's listening to you.
rappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #8
Piggus
Wicked Member

I blame Reagan

Old 01-14-2012   #9
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
All any country needs is a working class electorate who knows how it is to work in a workplace, struggle paying bills, has a family and drives a car.

Not this rich inherited son of a bitch who has always been a boss, never had less than 1k to their name and gets carted around in a fucking limo.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #10
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
The thing is Obama doesn't even have a lot of really controversial policies the way Bush had. Bush's policies were basically hated by everyone at the end of his term. Obama's problem is in the ignorance of the people. People who say "he can't get stuff done" don't know how the system works. They don't realize his bills need to be passed by a republican majority in the house of representatives that want him out of office for their own political gain. SOME people are catching onto it, but it's sad how many people out there still think Obama can just pass any bill he wants. He's one of the most eloquent speakers recent presidential history but that doesn't mean much when the opposition doesn't care about what he has to say regardless of the benefits it would have on the country.

As it stands right now the republicans are way too conservative for the independent voters. Obama will probably win but I really hope they get the Tea Party scum out of office and regain control of the house.
Didn't Obama sign that NDAA thingy? Y'know, the one that allows indefinite detention without trial?
Old 01-14-2012   #11
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Neil, you seem to think the reputation box is a reply box - why? So nobody can reply to you? Learn how to have a discussion. I'll quote you here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
in the uk ALL of the universities are public universities and my paycheck looks like this: income tax: -20%, national insurance: - 10% DO YOU WANT THAT
I actually wouldn't mind being heavily taxed if the money was used for things I support, such as public universities and the improvement/maintenance/construction of other public services (for example, a multi-billion dollar high speed rail project in California is in the works, I'd let them take 30% out of my paychecks if it all went to that!). If I were being taxed that much at the moment in America I'd be pretty outraged seeing as our universities are dwindling, we don't have free healthcare, and a majority of tax dollars go to the defense department. If a prospective president came up with a plan of how to fix these issues at the expense of raising taxes, they'd get my support.

That aside, I'm not sure where I said anything about the UK or increasing tax dollars. Do you actually know Ron Paul's stance or do you just like to make irrelevant comments? He wants to get rid of income tax completely, and not replace it with anything. I'm asking HH and his supporters where they think money for public services will come from if he has his way (which I doubt he ever will, even if he did become President).
rappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #12
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
I used to like Ron Paul until I learned more about him. He wants to take our country back to an isolationist age and I don't see how that can be a plausible reality. It doesn't help that a lot of his supporters are like, "Legalize Pot! Ron Paul 2012!"
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #13
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
It doesn't matter who runs against Obama as Obama will just win. Look who is running right now to be the Republican candidate. Its either going to be Mitt Romney or Ron Paul, more likely Romney. The best the republican party can come up with against Obama is Romney. A man who has never known what its like to be an average American or even an average human for that matter. He is against abortions, even for rape, and incest victims. I am more interested in American politics nowadays than I am with British politics as its just so interesting and entertaining to hear these batshit republicans.
Old 01-15-2012   #14
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Hey I remember when all of you silly democrats thought Obama was going to save America. Lol
Old 01-16-2012   #15
Piggus
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
Hey I remember when all of you silly democrats thought Obama was going to save America. Lol
Hey I remember when all you silly republicans had a sense of honor and respect for our country and its people. I remember when republicans actually wanted the country to succeed. Now all you seem to want is more money for people who already have a lot of money. You want to cut social services that allow people to pay their bills and live a decent life. You think that being gay is a choice and that gay marriage should never be legalized. You want the health care system to go BACKWARDS so that those poor little insurance companies can keep financially raping people.

Does this not describe your views? If not, then don't vote for the ignorant fucks who almost unanimously hold these beliefs.