Old 01-01-2012   #1
JonathanSeals
Bringin' sexy back

JonathanSeals is on a distinguished roadJonathanSeals is on a distinguished roadJonathanSeals is on a distinguished road
GTA 3 for iOS mods.

Last night I got vehicle mods working on GTA 3 for iOS and would like to share proof and a tutorial. I had a friend suggest I post here, so I did

Here's a video of one in action.

There's no porting, or anything of that nature, needed to mod it, you can use the normal PC mods.

I will be releasing a video tutorial later on tonight, and will keep you all posted! Thanks!

By the way, you need to be jailbroken (anything BUT the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S except 4.3.3 for the iPad 2)

Update: Uploading a tutorial now!

Last edited by JonathanSeals; 01-02-2012 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: Updated.
JonathanSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #2
RIPpo
Professional Dumbass

RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.
This is awesome! Can't wait to see the tutorial. Question though... is all that weird shit flying around the car seen in the PC mod too? Or is it just a problem that arose for iOS?
RIPpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #3
JonathanSeals
Bringin' sexy back

JonathanSeals is on a distinguished roadJonathanSeals is on a distinguished roadJonathanSeals is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
This is awesome! Can't wait to see the tutorial. Question though... is all that weird shit flying around the car seen in the PC mod too? Or is it just a problem that arose for iOS?
I have no idea what it is but I've been meaning to boot to windows to see if it exists on the PC version (I'm on a Mac and do a lot of coding so usually there's a lot of stuff on my schedule )

Also, I think I have a plan for getting them onto non jailbroken devices, but you still need a jailbroken device to mod the files. I'll try with my iPad 2 once the video tutorial uploads

Update: Plan #1 for getting them on non jailbroken devices failed :'(

Last edited by JonathanSeals; 01-02-2012 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 01-02-2012   #4
RIPpo
Professional Dumbass

RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.
What's the gist of it? You have to extract the files from the IPA, mod them with the same PC tools, then pack them up again?

Edit: found this tutorial online... claims no jailbreak: http://thetecherra.com/2011/12/15/tu...equired-video/
RIPpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #5
JonathanSeals
Bringin' sexy back

Quote:
What's the gist of it? You have to extract the files from the IPA, mod them with the same PC tools, then pack them up again?

Edit: found this tutorial online... claims no jailbreak: http://thetecherra.com/2011/12/15/tu...equired-video/
Can't do that. Ipas are signed, and if you repack them they won't install for you. What I was trying is doing the mods on my iPhone, moving the ipa from the phone (so it still has my DRM signatures) and into the iPad 2 with iTunes. I will however try this but I'm almost positive it won't install. Otherwise piracy would be that much easier on iOS.

Quote:

Anyways... My internet keeps dropping when I upload the video, so last night I ripped AT&T a new a**hole and am trying after resetting my modem. It's uploading again. Sorry for the wait.

Update: Tutorial is done uploading and is now processing on YouTube!

Last edited by JonathanSeals; 01-02-2012 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Updated