Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011   #1
JStarr31

JStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Los Santos Only!!?!?!!!? Could this mean....

Quote:
We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
Well i was wrong about the DC thing....ohhh wellll.....Regardless i am still beyond humanly excited for this game more than even i thought i'd be... but Los Santos only? what could this mean for the rest of San Andreas state. Idk....but I did state something in a post a little before the trailer was actually released that seems to be what rockstars intention are pointing towards in my opinion...

Quote:
GTA LS, SF or LV as solo maps each....also boooo. I got my SA as a whole state back then, why give each city individually now? That gives the possibility of each other city released as DLC. not cool.
And with the recent statement released by R*, what would have me not believe that SF and LV wont be DLC add-on/stand-alones? Why would R* just make/showcase Los Santos knowing maybe a majority of the general public would expect the whole state? Especially with San Fran/San Fierro was the first "San Andreas" in GTA 1 and GTA:SA featured....well....San Andreas as a state. Do they have an ace up thier sleeves? Does anyone feel a little "cheated" to not have the whole state back? Maybe your not upset, but even happier that it's just one city? What could be there plan? Better yet what do you guys think? If you have an idea, please share your thoughts..........

PS: Question to all the mods....did you guys know it was going to be Los Santos the whole time but were under NDA or were you guys just as shocked as the rest??
Old 11-03-2011   #2
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Los Angeles is massive. People keep thinking of Los Santos as if it will be the same size as the city in GTA:SA. It won't be. San Andreas' map is only 13 square miles anyway. Red Dead Redemption is nearly twice the size of it.
Old 11-03-2011   #3
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Closing this thread as there have been countless responses and threads about this already.

Redirect you to this: http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130136
or this: http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130147

As for whether the mods knew, no we didn't. I personally was surprised but not shocked. In fact, before the trailer came out I was hoping they'd focus on the one city and leave the other two out in order to have a more faithful counterpart to real-world LA.
Closed Thread