Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011   #1
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
GTA V Officially Announced by R*

Quote:
We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
Source

Just Los Santos then, rather than SF/LV too.
Old 11-03-2011   #2
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Now we just need a tentative release date!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #3
Belgian
Newbie Member

Belgian is on a distinguished roadBelgian is on a distinguished roadBelgian is on a distinguished roadBelgian is on a distinguished road
No San Fierro or Las Venturas but I can't wait for more information regarding the countryside, beaches and surrounding hills!
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #4
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Kinda disapointed there's no LV or SF, but hey. Los Santos was beast, and kept my attention in SA.
Old 11-03-2011   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how they are going to limit the map now.

Will they place those laughable blockades again? Insta kill volume zones? Just not there and a completely redesigned map without those place ever being designed for bridge access?

It's going to be weird having a mountain with nothing but sea on what, two sides?
Old 11-03-2011   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I'm getting the impression we won't be able to get to the top of the mountain.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #7
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
I'm getting the impression we won't be able to get to the top of the mountain.
From the footage we saw from the trailer, it does look very extreme, if you know what I mean. Looks like it's just a filler for the background.
Old 11-03-2011   #8
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
If that's the case, how will airplanes work in the game, then?
Old 11-03-2011   #9
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say the mountain will be a pretty big border... Kind of like what they did in Oblivion, have the coast down one end of the map and on the other have an un-scalable mountain.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #10
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Well that's disappointing. And there's no chance for SF or LV to be added via DLC either.
Old 11-03-2011   #11
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
They better extend the Los Santos map about 2 times, or either extend the countryside x2.

Else this game's map will get stale ultra fast.
Old 11-03-2011   #12
Macey
Registered Whore

"largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created."

I think people are basing the size of Los Santos against the size it was in San Andreas. There's nothing stopping them from expanding the city and including the entirety of the second half of the San Andreas map, along with new towns, villages and some local airports. Though I can imagine they will use the map as some sort of reference, so similarities can be very much expected.
Old 11-03-2011   #13
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
More interestingly than it just being set solely in Los Santos was this:

Quote:
A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
What are we thinking? How bold or new can any direction they take be?
Old 11-03-2011   #14
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

probably that multiple protagonist shit.

if that happens to be true, that would be the only flaw i would have so far.
Old 11-03-2011   #15
victim

I've been really thinking about the idea of multiple protagonists and I quite like it. In IV, through DLC, we got to explore the city through three different perspectives. This was something which worked very well when it all came together. What if they did it in a way where each protagonist has a separate story that kind of intertwine at various intersections, it's a great way of exploring different parts of the city as well.

For example, let's say our old-friend in the suit is indeed the protagonist, would he fit in with Los Santos in its entirety? Can we picture him chilling in that alley where the tattoo'd black man is being chased by police or would that area of the map become redundant outside of a few missions?

The focus is on the pursuit of "the almighty dollar" in a city facing a pretty brutal recession. Multiple character arcs could do really well to hammer-down this theme.