Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012   #481
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
I mentioned this in another thread but is the fact they even picked to answer that question and end on an ellipsis a bit suspicious for anyone else?

Ehhh, we'll find out I guess.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #482
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
i doubt it means anything, I'm guessing the ellipsis was just because of the fact they were repeating what they've already said, as if they were leaving off the word "obviously"
Old 02-14-2012   #483
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Why not just a direct "yes" or "no" though? You might say "they are being obvious enough" but they know from the post's comments they are coming across ambiguous and they continue to do so.

Also I highly doubt Rockstar would end on ellipsis for the sake of "ffs we already told you", they are more professional than that. And obviously it's not a good tone to take to fans for the sake of PR alone.

It's either a nice surprise. Or Rockstar carrying on false hope for the sake of hype. I highly doubt they are not aware of the fact that many people are still unclear on that statement (just read through the comments of the debut trailer post and this Q&A).
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #484
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
well they also used an en dash incorrectly, where they should have used a non spaced em dash, so i can't imagine the PR person writing this is a literary genius who subtly inserted an ellipsis for dramatic effect, perhaps it was just there because this was taken from the longer announcement to indicate there fact there was more written after it where it was quoted from.
Old 02-18-2012   #485
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
Why not just a direct "yes" or "no" though? You might say "they are being obvious enough" but they know from the post's comments they are coming across ambiguous and they continue to do so.

Also I highly doubt Rockstar would end on ellipsis for the sake of "ffs we already told you", they are more professional than that. And obviously it's not a good tone to take to fans for the sake of PR alone.

It's either a nice surprise. Or Rockstar carrying on false hope for the sake of hype. I highly doubt they are not aware of the fact that many people are still unclear on that statement (just read through the comments of the debut trailer post and this Q&A).
I don't think the ellipsis has anyhing to do with the question they answered. They clearly stated, Grand Theft Auto V is set in the city of Los Santos and its surrounding hills, countryside and beaches. That answered the question, but then they also went on to say, it will be the largest and most ambitious open world game we’ve ever created…. If anything the ellipsis is for the last statement, and would make the most sense because they are always creating larger and more ambitious open world games.

Who knows how large and ambitious Agent will be?
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #486
Tangy
swag.

Tangy is on a distinguished roadTangy is on a distinguished roadTangy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
If it comes out in October it would be right around the time of the 10th anniversary of Vice City.

GTA V

V FOR VERCETTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post

Maybe?
I sure hope so. I know that R* has kept this tradition of cutting off all the characters from a previous era of GTA games but I hope they break it.

El Burro was in one of the first-era GTAs, and he was in GTA III. Also, Niko found Claude's outfit when he took Playboy X's apartment.
Old 02-21-2012   #487
Mercedes Cortez
Newbie Member

Mercedes Cortez is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi.

Just getting back to the trailer, have you guys seem this: http://www.igta5.com/landmarks-and-other-buildings

Its really good, shows some great landmarks from the trailer.

What do u think??
Mercedes Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012   #488
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
I can't decide if the trailer has hyped me or not, GTAIV's story was great at the time but now I'm lacking in interest and feeling pretty cynical about it all.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote