Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011   #301
Producerjb
Newbie Member

Producerjb is an unknown quantity at this point
a lot of you think its only going to be in Los Santos. why? This is just one trailer, and Rockstar has never shown off everything on their first trailers. 2nd, the mountain wasn't in los santos in the original San Andreas, which could foreshadow what they'll be showing off in the next trailer.

also, for the few of you who still think they mixed los santos and vice city, remember, los santos had a large beach, and thats what was in the trailer.

i enjoy the mountain shot. i hope its as massive as it looks. i also couldnt help but to notice the trees blowing in the wind. very cool.

I enjoy the fact that this game looks like it brings every location fans have wanted, ghetto, paradise, countryside and businesses.

But Rockstar has far more to unveil, and even with trailers, we'll only know a small fraction until we actually play it
Producerjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #302
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
And i really hope that tractors are back =)
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #303
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
At 0:21, the mountain scene, notice the clouds moving and deforming, nice touch there
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #304
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Looks excellent.

Does anyone know of a direct download link to an HD version, like avi maybe. Wonderfully, a failing hard drive as far as I can tell, only hours before this trailer has meant I don't have a working PC at hand (using PS3 atm).

If anyone could pass on a direct link that'd be appreciated. Thanks. (:
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #305
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Looks excellent.

Does anyone know of a direct download link to an HD version, like avi maybe. Wonderfully, a failing hard drive as far as I can tell, only hours before this trailer has meant I don't have a working PC at hand (using PS3 atm).

If anyone could pass on a direct link that'd be appreciated. Thanks. (:
RockstarGames.com

Click play

Click download

Select Quicktime 1280x720
Old 11-02-2011   #306
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Here you go, MP4 in a ZIP (Works on PS3): http://videos.rockstargames.com/stre...4-1280.mp4.zip
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #307
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Here is a 720p mkv file as well: http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/35039111/file.html
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #308
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:Futbol View Post
I just thought about something. What if the state of SA was bigger this time? Like not only were each of the 3 cities, country side, and mount chilliad updated and expanded, but what if other lil smaller cities and suburbs were added to the fray? Hell maybe even 4 or 5 full cities all together? Idk just a thought.
No chance in hell. You'll be lucky to even get 3 cities due to the Xbox keeping DVD as their main format. San Andreas was 4.7 gb in size. Now if you consider how much has changed in those years. Model detail and texture quality mainly, you'll realize that this game will probably won't fit on one disc.
Old 11-02-2011   #309
DonaldLove
Newbie Member

DonaldLove is on a distinguished roadDonaldLove is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
No chance in hell. You'll be lucky to even get 3 cities due to the Xbox keeping DVD as their main format. San Andreas was 4.7 gb in size. Now if you consider how much has changed in those years. Model detail and texture quality mainly, you'll realize that this game will probably won't fit on one disc.
You have to remember that a built in hard drive was not a feature San Andreas could take advantage of on PS2. Just Cause 2 had a map that was 400 square miles, the areas between cities dont necessarily have to be as detailed as the cities themselves. Using mountains and terrains features to limit viewing distance(objects rendered) is only one way a massive scale playable area is possible.
DonaldLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #310
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt__jon View Post
At 0:21, the mountain scene, notice the clouds moving and deforming, nice touch there
Yes, the effects look amazing! I noticed from the very beginning when he's jogging on the Santa Maria Pier and the signs on the railing are flapping in the wind., as well as the flags on the golf course. Nice details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldLove View Post
You have to remember that a built in hard drive was not a feature San Andreas could take advantage of on PS2. Just Cause 2 had a map that was 400 square miles, the areas between cities dont necessarily have to be as detailed as the cities themselves. Using mountains and terrains features to limit viewing distance(objects rendered) is only one way a massive scale playable area is possible.
Yup. Just Cause 2 was ridiculous in size and had some of the most highly detailed scenery I've ever seen, but it wasn't as detailed pedestrian, vehicle, or story wise, etc. Even if GTA V is only HALF the size of the Just Cause 2 map, it would be big enough for all 3 cities with a decent amount of space in between.

Last edited by 1stJuankPilot; 11-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #311
DonaldLove
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJuankPilot View Post
Yes, the effects look amazing! I noticed from the very beginning when he's jogging on the Santa Maria Pier and the signs on the railing are flapping in the wind., as well as the flags on the golf course. Nice details.

Yup. Just Cause 2 was ridiculous in size and had some of the most highly detailed scenery I've ever seen, but it wasn't as detailed pedestrian, vehicle, or story wise, etc. Even if GTA V is only HALF the size of the Just Cause 2 map, it would be big enough for all 3 cities with a decent amount of space in between.
Honestly we would all buy this game even if it took place in Bradshaw, West Virginia but Rockstar is not known for letting fans down and to most of us a sawed off version of San Andreas would be disappointing. The rumor that this game may be a digital release would make sense in that portions of the data could be stored on a server not entirely relying on your console to be the workhorse.
Old 11-02-2011   #312
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
This game is going to have pro's and con's like every game, but I am pretty confident that it will be an epic experience no matter what.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #313
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
For those that care IGN did their Rewind Theater for the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7oXc...&feature=feedu

Fair warning they start it off by calling one of the protagonists Tommy V and the other CJ.
Old 11-02-2011   #314
DonaldLove
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truekiller View Post
For those that care IGN did their Rewind Theater for the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7oXc...&feature=feedu

Fair warning they start it off by calling one of the protagonists Tommy V and the other CJ.
When he made a comparison to the Vice City trailer because they both had a red car chase I turned it off.
Old 11-02-2011   #315
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldLove View Post
When he made a comparison to the Vice City trailer because they both had a red car chase I turned it off.
Yeah I am really struggling to watch the entire thing. These guys sound like complete, excuse my french, fucking morons. They continue to call the older white protagonist Tommy V and one says he is 95% sure it is Tommy. They also compare 2 blue carsl.

Last edited by truekiller; 11-02-2011 at 08:45 PM..
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote