Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011   #181
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
IGN is only interested in gaining more page views. Already 10+ articles about GTA V that pretty much say nothing.

"IS THAT TOMMY VERCETTI? WE HAVE THE ANSWER!"

open the page

"ANSWER: WE DONT KNOW... BUT MAYBE?"
Old 11-02-2011   #182
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
Question to the guys not from the US;

Hate to be a wet blanket, but are you disappointed that GTA V is still in psuedo-America? I know that the earlier games were set in other countries, but admittedly, I didn't start playing the series until GTA III. Do you think they'll ever use a different country as the setting again?
What Dan Houser says is that GTA is very much about Americana - it's a social satire on the state of America in both the present and the past. It does this extremely well and I would hate for GTA to leave the states.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #183
Moonwalker1982
Newbie Member

Moonwalker1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
As for that mountain, we were able to get on top of that in SA, right? I however hope this time we can really scale it or climb it one way or the other.
Moonwalker1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #184
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
What Dan Houser says is that GTA is very much about Americana - it's a social satire on the state of America in both the present and the past. It does this extremely well and I would hate for GTA to leave the states.
Totally agree, but wouldn't you like it if 1 city were a smaller mexican city, introducing drugsmuggling across the borders? I'm sure R* would do a great mexican parody too, like in RDR

That is my little dream.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #185
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Usually I make this typo quite often but this time I mean it. Fuck IGN. Until they have any official info, they can go eat a dick.

It has been over 2 fucking hours now... HOW?
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #186
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
Question to the guys not from the US;

Hate to be a wet blanket, but are you disappointed that GTA V is still in psuedo-America? I know that the earlier games were set in other countries, but admittedly, I didn't start playing the series until GTA III. Do you think they'll ever use a different country as the setting again?
After going to London I really hope they set a game there or even in as highly dense developing city like Rio or Beijing.... who knows, maybe even Juarez?
Old 11-02-2011   #187
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I actually would like that. A bit like in the Scarface game - but not horrible.

Also, 0:55. the dude hammering down the foreclosure sign, there's a bicycle in the background. Cannot tell if it looks ridable or if it's just a prop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGF View Post
It has been over 2 fucking hours now... HOW?
The two hours before the trailer felt like an entire day. The two hours afterwards have felt like five minutes.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #188
Clancy3434

Clancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by truekiller View Post
I really doubt they would show barriers in the trailers.
yea but in the other cities there were obvious barriers... liberty city and vice city had water and bridges as the obvious barrier, where as los santos has, and still has, none... which to me says that there's other cities, and that the barriers will be similar to what we saw in san andreas

the city of los santos just doesn't have an evident natural barrier to keep players from going to one side of the other... which means either the whole city is open to start, or that the countryside is the barrier, just like in SA.
Clancy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #189
GTA:Futbol

GTA:Futbol is on a distinguished roadGTA:Futbol is on a distinguished roadGTA:Futbol is on a distinguished roadGTA:Futbol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree that GTA does a great job at painting a satirical (and hilarious) America, but I'd love to see it in a UK setting. Maybe a city that has elements of like London, Manchester, Belfast, Edinburgh etc. I like British caper films and Guy Ritchie flicks and I've always wanted that UK crime experience in a game. It's very distinct and I think it would make for a cool narrative. Maybe even set it in the 60s and reinvigorate the GTA London experience but with a fictional UK city.
GTA:Futbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #190
JamesR4494
Newbie Member

JamesR4494 is on a distinguished roadJamesR4494 is on a distinguished roadJamesR4494 is on a distinguished roadJamesR4494 is on a distinguished road
Why does everyone think its Tommy Vercetti? Has noone here heard a Hispanic talk? The accent? Haha people thinking the voice of a Hispanic man is that of a 60 year old Caucasian man.

Tommy Vercetti is the most mediocre character to be in a GTA excluding the mute and emotionless Claude.

Yeah sure lets move from Miami to LA for the weather, for the "Magic" that Miami lacks.

No the protagonist doesn't have kids and he isn't a family man he just clearly states that is what he wants.

As for the old white guy that appears? Weren't there rumors that you would play as five different characters?Didn't anyone pay attention to the guy in the red convertible sports car that appears more than once?
JamesR4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #191
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR4494 View Post
Why does everyone think its Tommy Vercetti? Has noone here heard a Hispanic talk? The accent? Haha people thinking the voice of a Hispanic man is that of a 60 year old Caucasian man.
It's a husky American accent. How the fuck is it hispanic? Also why would a hispanic person move to LA just for the weather?
Old 11-02-2011   #192
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
The two hours before the trailer felt like an entire day. The two hours afterwards have felt like five minutes.
Good thing I woke up and had my PC fired up, and got to watch the 10 minute countdown. It was orgasmic to watch it hit zero, and then view the epicnesss which awaited me... Unlike the IV countdown, which was a total fucking OVERLOAD... didn't even get to watch it until like an hour or so afterward...
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #193
bboychibi

bboychibi is an unknown quantity at this point
Tommy would be like 60 years old and he owns basically all of Vice City, why would he need to retire? Those wind turbines should be a dead giveaway to San Fierro, since those are in the San Francisco area. Also, two playable characters are shown, the hispanic guy running from teh cops and honking at the girl, and the white guy driving the cars and looking at the city. MY prediction is that the central theme is going to be about america in recession because of the foreclosing signs, the going out of business posters on the buildings, and also the gta5 money logo. Also migrant workers are shown, and when they show the guys looking for work standing under the bridge, there is a truck with two guys riding in the back so maybe another theme is immigration.
bboychibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #194
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
I owe a lot of people $300.

I'm curious if it's just Los Santos or entire San Andreas.
Despite making the game smaller, I'm hoping it's just LS.

That way it'd be more focused.
bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #195
Algonquin
Da Bear

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
The GTA humor is still in full force... totally out of order from the trailer X3

Gym sign says "pump buddy" van "Bugstars, putting the FU in Fumigate" truck "Up-n-atom burger, once it pings, eat like kings"

postal truck, all thats visable "-postal, we aim not to lose it"

shirt on runner "pump and run gymnasium"

Jetski has "Speedophile 2000" on the side.

the "Mile high club" is being built by the "sTd contractor"

the containers revealed when the truck move have "Jetsam" on the side

the police car has "Obey and survive" on it,

and in three seperate skyline views I see a blimp.. not to mention the dog in the very first scene.

Also the oil pump has the "Brute" nameplate on it. In GTA IV they're the brand that makes most of the utility vehicles, i.e boxvile stockade, pony
Algonquin is offline   Reply With Quote