Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2010   #1
jackmap
GTA Gaming 's #1 Fan

jackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down GTA V Location Rumoured? (Possible Spoilers)

I just found this while browsing the web!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1108443p1.html

Sorry if this is old news!
jackmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #2
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
No quotes or sources as far as I can see, and that 'conversation' really has no substance.
Old 07-26-2010   #3
jackmap
GTA Gaming 's #1 Fan

jackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enough
Your're probably right, but it would be nice if they put a little San-Andreas feel to it! ;-)
jackmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #4
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
I would like to see the franchise go somewhere else but then again San Andreas was pretty freaking awesome so I could care less, I just really want to play it right now no matter where it is set.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #5
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmap View Post
Your're probably right, but it would be nice if they put a little San-Andreas feel to it! ;-)
Yeah, I think it could make the most out of the next-gen graphics, and whilst I don't think there's been any sustantial evidence about SA, I still have a feeling this will be the next one, simply because the feel of Vice City revolved around the 80's, and I'm not sure R* will try re-create that again
Old 07-27-2010   #6
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
I hope it goes back to San Andreas, SA had everything and it was the funnest GTA.
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #7
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Talk about stating the freaking obvious. Every major city in the world and every city that has been in GTA before is being rumoured at this point. LA seems like its been done way too many times, kinda like World War II and the next one really needs to feel brand new and not like its been done before or at least not for a long time. Vice City inspired by the real modern day Miami seems like the most obvious and logical one that fits that criteria. Why do people keep saying that Vice City would only work in the eighties?
Old 07-27-2010   #8
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
what the hell? LA again? can't they do it in somee other area? with all the free roam driving games I seen its always California or New York setting and it gets old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .LiLe. View Post
I hope it goes back to San Andreas, SA had everything and it was the funnest GTA.
+1 on that, I loved GTASA since it had more feutures. I hope the next GTA brings backs the Countryside type areas, it was fun taking vehicles offroad.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 07-28-2010 at 12:21 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010   #9
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
Yes, +1 for more open countryside type areas and small towns. Loved the woods/desert in SA. If you ever got sick of driving in the city, just leave town! I absolutely loved SA's map. Left so much to explore.

www.KFCGang.net
[KFC]-ScharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #10
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [KFC]-ScharK View Post
Yes, +1 for more open countryside type areas and small towns. Loved the woods/desert in SA. If you ever got sick of driving in the city, just leave town! I absolutely loved SA's map. Left so much to explore.
Also they need to add some wild life in the woods like RDR. I have always wanted to hit a deer with a car while trying to escape the police.
Old 05-10-2011   #11
VISALI

VISALI is on a distinguished roadVISALI is on a distinguished road
I don't want to start new topic for this, so I wrote my idea here. I guess, the most of you have already seen this leaked video, which tell us that the GTA V will be set in Honolulu. I think, this video is fake. In the first, the camera isn't stable, this is very bothering. In the second, one who can work on a big project like this won't tell us anything, and in the third, this graphic doesn't look like the RAGE, and the Rockstar has told before that they won't use new engines, they would like to explore engines which they used in GTA IV. On the on the other hand, this game looks like it is under developing, and it is played on TV (there aren't any big modifications on consoles), but we know that effects could make easily, and we can connect television to a computer. So probably this video is fake.

But I just realised something. I think you know the TV series Hawaii Five-o. It was started in Hungary a few months ago. It was advertised as "american's new favourite tv series". Five-O was noticed often in the Ballad of Gay Tony, and I have never heard it before. I know the new season of hawaii Five-o was announced in 2010, after release of TBoGT, but the old series had some seasons between 1968 and 1980, so it had already existed. If you look at this article, you can see some FBI agents. I know that FBI isn't Five-O, but both are agency. And the Rockstar looks for two american FBI agents, in the series there are two amercian and two asian agents. One of americans, Scott Caan is divorced. Calvin North Rush character is divorced, too. Mitch Hayes is in great shape and he is successful like Alex O'Loughin.

Probably, this is only a speculation, but this wasn't the first when Rockstar based a GTA game on a tv series. Just remember for GTA Vice City. It was inspirated by Miami Vice.

I don't say that the video isn't fake, just that Honolulu can be the location.

Last edited by VISALI; 05-10-2011 at 06:46 AM..
VISALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #12
JiggyTurtle

JiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enough
VISALI - I connect my computer to my TV all the time. I really don't care where the next GTA takes place, only that there is one, and I trust R* to deliver a great game.
JiggyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #13
Decoy
Grove Street 4 Life
Newbie Member

Decoy is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love to see it go back into San Andreas.
Decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011   #14
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
Although I loved San Andreas, I think its too soon to go back there. I would say for Vice City, its time, but mainly I just want a tropical location with San Andreas features.

I'm wondering at this point if they're just gonna wait until next generations consoles, although those haven't been announced as far as I know (Wii 2 doesn't count). Maybe the game has become too big in the years since 4? How much more can they squeeze out of the PS3 without lowering the graphics?
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #15
eden1023
Newbie Member

eden1023 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really fancy something new, not a return to San Andreas. Sure, SA was really good, but it would be nice to have a bit of a change. But, like they did with Liberty City, if they dramatically changed it I suppose it won't be that bad. I'm hoping it won't.
As mentioned above, the countryside in SA was really good, and I'd like the mysterious Back O' Beyond to appear again.:retardo2
eden1023 is offline   Reply With Quote