Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011   #121
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
I don't want Niko to be in this game at all.

edit: maybe if you get to kill him.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #122
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I just really hope we don't play as somebody from IV.

Please, R*....

lol @ matt.
Old 10-27-2011   #123
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I didn't and don't like any of the characters from IV.

I really hope none of them make an appearance in V. I hope there isn't so much as even a slight reference to them. I'd much prefer the next GTA to act as if IV's world and characters never existed.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #124
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
didn't realize there was all this hate for niko

i mean he was real preachy

and all the supporting cast had terrible characters but still
Old 10-27-2011   #125
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
For me, it's all of the characters from IV.

I'm tired of them, don't want to hear from any of them. Maybe mention them in a small reference, but that's it.

I want the IV story to be done with.
Old 10-27-2011   #126
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
The only characters I liked were Brucie and Packie - everyone else was pretty unbearable.
Old 10-27-2011   #127
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I didn't really "hate" the characters, I just didn't like them, at all. I never really found them very appealing to begin with, and I just didn't give a flat out fucking shit about any of them or their stories.

And at this point I don't give a fuck where it takes place. I am just hoping pretty much all of the "stupid" rumors are false. Though, I do trust R* not to break it. I'm pretty sure they will do it right. At least... I hope to fucking god they do it right.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #128
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Seems like i'm the only one who liked them
Roman was/is my fav in IV, a fat, lazy slacker with gambling problems and dreams of american titties =)
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #129
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
I was hoping for a current-gen Vice City...but even if they just remake San Andreas in the RAGE engine, I can dig it.
Old 10-28-2011   #130
JStarr31

JStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Soooo....

AS an American i can tell you with the utmost confidence that GTA V will in fact be set in Washington, D.C. Why you might ask? Well, im here to point out some obvious and some not so obvious clues to you the public...

First off - The symbol in the logo..........As an american i can tell you that is INFACT a reference to the five dollar bill....not some "Grove Street" ode, not a reffernce to ireland (as i've been strangely seeing around the net), but in direct reference to U.S. currency.
Second off- Our U.S currency is printed in he U.S. Mint located in....YUP you guessed it...Washington D.C.

Third - I know everyone is thinking "No way, D.C. is WAAAY to small of a map". I fully understand that initial thought whole heartedly. In terms of D.C. yes...but...here in America we refer to D.C. as the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area (or D.C. Metro Area for short). This metro area is pretty big as it spans parts of 2 states and the Federal District of Washington containg mainly the cities of Virginia Beach, Baltimore and Washington D.C with than enough rural/alternative space in between. more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimo...ropolitan_Area

Also take note how 'GTA Like' the area map is if you visit the wiki page

Now fourth - If you were like me and tried to do everything possible in GTA IV then you probably recall during one of the history progam on the television spojke of a place with in the GTA universe never shown or seen. The common person wouldn't eeven take notice to sunch a small detail, but with all this excitement i had to search youtube to find the History of Liberty CIty. Long story short i ended up on wiki once again and found the city name - "Capital CIty".... evidence: "The British abandoned Liberty City in 1783, concluding the American War of Independence. Liberty City became the first capital of the United States and remained so until the government moved to Capital City in the 1790s." source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty..._era_rendition

Lastly - C'mon lets face it - it's a well-known fact that Rockstar likes to set the tone of the game with story roughly based on popular Movies and Dramas. Well, that leaves the question: what would they base the next installment on if it were to be in set D.C? Good question, only thing that comes to mind is a very popular crime drama titled 'The Wire'. why? For those unfimiliar with this crime drama heres the synopsis:

"The Wire is an American television drama series set and produced in and around Baltimore-Washington area. Created and primarily written by former police reporter David Simon, the series was broadcast by the premium cable network HBO in the United States. The Wire premiered on June 2, 2002 and ended on March 9, 2008, comprising 60 episodes over five seasons.
Each season of The Wire focuses on a different facets of the cities in and around Baltimore. In chronological order they are: the illegal drug trade, the seaport system, the city government and bureaucracy, the school system, and the print news media. Simon has said that despite its presentation as a crime drama, the show is "really about the American city, and about how we live together. It's about how institutions have an effect on individuals. Whether one is a cop, a longshoreman, a drug dealer, a politician, a judge or a lawyer, all are ultimately compromised and must contend with whatever institution they are committed to.
Despite only receiving modest ratings and never winning major television awards, The Wire has been described by many critics as the greatest television series ever made and one of the most accomplished works of fiction of the 2000s. The show is recognized for its realistic portrayal of urban life, its literary ambitions, and its uncommonly deep exploration of sociopolitical themes"

Idk about you guys but that sound like a pretty a 'typical' GTA premise. I also noticed that another usder name Bennifer??? was also on the right track and seems to be going simply ignored yet all the speculations made by non-american (no disrepect intended) are being viewed and theorized as more concrete. Look as an ACTUAL TYPICAL STUPID American i can tell DC is more than likely the next playground. TAke it from the guy who told you guys Alderney was going to be a separate state waaaay before the release and everyone told me "No its clearly on the map as part of Liberty City." Yet the game manual clearly stated "Alderny the sister state". Same thing in its real life counterpart the New York Metropolitan Area. Jerseys included in the map, theres even a part of Jersey called West New York.....

thats for reading and take ghead these words.................i dont want o have to say i told you so...lol
JStarr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #131
JStarr31

JStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation i think....

AS an American i can tell you with the utmost confidence that GTA V will in fact be set in Washington, D.C. Why you might ask? Well, im here to point out some obvious and some not so obvious clues to you the public...

First off - The symbol in the logo..........As an american i can tell you that is INFACT a reference to the five dollar bill....not some "Grove Street" ode, not a reffernce to ireland (as i've been strangely seeing around the net), but in direct reference to U.S. currency.
Second off- Our U.S currency is printed in he U.S. Mint located in....YUP you guessed it...Washington D.C.

Third - I know everyone is thinking "No way, D.C. is WAAAY to small of a map". I fully understand that initial thought whole heartedly. In terms of D.C. yes...but...here in America we refer to D.C. as the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area (or D.C. Metro Area for short). This metro area is pretty big as it spans parts of 2 states and the Federal District of Washington containg mainly the cities of Virginia Beach, Baltimore and Washington D.C with than enough rural/alternative space in between. more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimo...ropolitan_Area

Also take note how 'GTA Like' the area map is if you visit the wiki page

Now fourth - If you were like me and tried to do everything possible in GTA IV then you probably recall during one of the history progam on the television spojke of a place with in the GTA universe never shown or seen. The common person wouldn't eeven take notice to sunch a small detail, but with all this excitement i had to search youtube to find the History of Liberty CIty. Long story short i ended up on wiki once again and found the city name - "Capital CIty".... evidence: "The British abandoned Liberty City in 1783, concluding the American War of Independence. Liberty City became the first capital of the United States and remained so until the government moved to Capital City in the 1790s." source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty..._era_rendition

Lastly - C'mon lets face it - it's a well-known fact that Rockstar likes to set the tone of the game with story roughly based on popular Movies and Dramas. Well, that leaves the question: what would they base the next installment on if it were to be in set D.C? Good question, only thing that comes to mind is a very popular crime drama titled 'The Wire'. why? For those unfimiliar with this crime drama heres the synopsis:

"The Wire is an American television drama series set and produced in and around Baltimore-Washington area. Created and primarily written by former police reporter David Simon, the series was broadcast by the premium cable network HBO in the United States. The Wire premiered on June 2, 2002 and ended on March 9, 2008, comprising 60 episodes over five seasons.
Each season of The Wire focuses on a different facets of the cities in and around Baltimore. In chronological order they are: the illegal drug trade, the seaport system, the city government and bureaucracy, the school system, and the print news media. Simon has said that despite its presentation as a crime drama, the show is 'really about the American city, and about how we live together. It's about how institutions have an effect on individuals. Whether one is a cop, a longshoreman, a drug dealer, a politician, a judge or a lawyer, all are ultimately compromised and must contend with whatever institution they are committed to.'
Despite only receiving modest ratings and never winning major television awards, The Wire has been described by many critics as the greatest television series ever made and one of the most accomplished works of fiction of the 2000s. The show is recognized for its realistic portrayal of urban life, its literary ambitions, and its uncommonly deep exploration of sociopolitical themes"

Idk about you guys but that sound like a pretty a 'typical' GTA premise. I also noticed that another usder name Bennifer??? was also on the right track and seems to be going simply ignored yet all the speculations made by non-american (no disrepect intended) are being viewed and theorized as more concrete. Look as an ACTUAL TYPICAL STUPID American i can tell DC is more than likely the next playground. TAke it from the guy who told you guys Alderney was going to be a separate state waaaay before the release and everyone told me "No its clearly on the map as part of Liberty City." Yet the game manual clearly stated "Alderny the sister state". Same thing in its real life counterpart the New York Metropolitan Area. Jerseys included in the map, theres even a part of Jersey called West New York.....

thats for reading and take ghead these words..................i dont want to have to say i told you so lol
JStarr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #132
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGF View Post
I am just hoping pretty much all of the "stupid" rumors are false.
This is the only thing i'm worried about. And i'm reading comments on the stupid articles, and people are agreeing. I just don't understand..

Like on IGN, they did a poll to when it should take place, and majority said the future. NO.
Old 10-28-2011   #133
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
The only characters I liked were Brucie and Packie - everyone else was pretty unbearable.
Brucie was funny at first then he got annoying, but seeing his other side as the younger brother was refreshing.
Little Jacob was probably my favorite supporting character.
Packie was my second favorite.
Couldn't stand Roman

I wouldn't mind some of the characters coming back. Or at least references to them. I don't want all of them obviously and I doubt that would happen since most would be staying in Liberty City.
Old 10-28-2011   #134
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
A specific location has never been important to me, setting, I guess anywhere between the 80's and now, though as I've said before, I prefer a tropical location but will buy it either way. The countryside was nice in SA.

My main concerns would be bringing back the planes (especially jet fighters), the apache (with a controllable turret for christs sake!), less sluggish cars and drifting more like Driver San Francisco, instead of GTA4 where the car immediately turns sideways and loses all speed, on foot, making the characters jumping more fluid, like parkour, where if you're running up to a fence and jump, you don't come to a stop, you just fly over the fence (in a realistic way) where the jumping and pulling yourself over the fence is one fluid motion.
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #135
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I would like to see Tommy Vercetti as a mission giver. You get a phone call from from one of the MC's freinds telling you that there is a guy that could use your skills. The V gets placed on your minimap and as you pull up you see the Banshee from Vice City. You walk up the stairs with the camera behind the MC's back and then the MC walks into the office. Tommy is obscured by the MC and it pans around and it is revealed that it is Tommy Vercetti. He would be a lot older with gray hair, and then he starts speaking and its Ray Liotta's voice. How bad ass and epic would be as a trailer.