Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011   #61
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
so the newswire has now changed back to normal but has a countdown very remeniscent of the one before IV's first trailer. Is anyone good enough at maths to figure out the exact hour? And yes, I tries changing my clock forward. Wah.

Edit: It should be about Midday (most likely American EST) on Wednesday.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #62
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
so the newswire has now changed back to normal but has a countdown very remeniscent of the one before IV's first trailer. Is anyone good enough at maths to figure out the exact hour? And yes, I tries changing my clock forward. Wah.

Edit: It should be about Midday (most likely American EST) on Wednesday.
I got these:

Sydney - Thurs 3:00 a.m
London - Wed 4:00 p.m
Los Angeles - Wed 9:00 a.m
New York City - Wed 12:00 Midday
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #63
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, they've updated the countdown now so that it goes by your time zone rather than theirs.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #64
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Ah, gotcha.

Works out well for us since we'll get up after the initial burst of traffic has subsided and avoid the inevitable rickrolling.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #65
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
If they have a legit trailer I would expect a Spring (April?) release. They obviously have been working on this some time but with much better opsec for development. The amazing sales of IV was, I think, in part of the April timeframe. There aren't too many big name franchises released around then. Either way I can't wait for the trailer!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #66
SimonS
Pffft.

SimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_sentinel View Post
This. And wow. These forums haven't changed much. First post here again in years! I must admit I'm hyped, something which I rarely get about video games anymore. I also wonder which route they're going to go down, the 'wacky' fun based gameplay of San Andreas or keep more to the serious tone, gameplay and missions from GTA IV. Now that we got Saints Row I mean, catering to that more asinine market.
SR2 trumped GTA4 in terms of gameplay. Games need to sitback sometimes and realise they're games, not city simulators.

Stoked for SR3 big time, I think R* is bricking it a bit.
Old 10-26-2011   #67
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Who knows, maybe this is a lot further in development than we thought and it's coming out before Christmas?

although I personally expect April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
SR2 trumped GTA4 in terms of gameplay. Games need to sitback sometimes and realise they're games, not city simulators.

Stoked for SR3 big time, I think R* is bricking it a bit.
GTA > Saints Row

I really hope that rockstar don't actually see saints row as a threat, they are different games, GTA is all about realistic gang wars, and heists, in a realistic city, where as saints row is over the top pointless stupidity.

if you want to play Saints Row, buy Saints Row, GTA is a different game and I for one, hope it stays that way.

Last edited by Lukeyy19; 10-26-2011 at 08:58 AM..
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #68
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Markonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished road
Holy Crap, it starts allover again, all aboard the hype train! chu-mothafrikin-chu ma gengstaz! woot!
Markonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #69
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
I don't think it'll come out untill late next year, afterall R* have Max Payne 3 coming out in march.
Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #70
ScrewLoose
Puff King
Newbie Member

ScrewLoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Saints Row 3 looks shit! GTA 5 all the way. SR3 is just gonna be a carbon copy of the other two games, oh and with a sex toy to hit people with thrown in too, how original..
ScrewLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #71
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
I actually think SR3 looks kinda fun just to screw around with, but GTA will always be the GOD of sandbox games and SR3 will have nowhere near the fan base or support that GTA V will have.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #72
ScrewLoose
Puff King
Newbie Member

Oh yeah, no doubt, I'll probably still buy SR3 just to pass time 'til GTA5. Where do you think GTA5 will be set?
Old 10-26-2011   #73
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
i really don't have any clue anyone's guess is as good or better than mine. I just can't wait to play it no matter where it is set.
Old 10-26-2011   #74
ScrewLoose
Puff King
Newbie Member

Yeah suppose haha, the Internet is literally gonna crash on the 2nd!
Old 10-26-2011   #75
Classified
Top Secret

It will be awesome!