Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2011   #31
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
God damn they kept this quiet.
my thoughts exactly, very little in the way of rumor until bam!

8 day warning, hope the gtagaming servers can handle it
Old 10-25-2011   #32
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Next week is going to be crazeeeyyy!

This franchise (and MGS) are the only ones that can make me feel like a 10 year old kid just through their announcement.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #33
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
LOL! God bless Rockstar Games. 2 days ago there was an interview with Dan Houser and he said that nothing was in the pipeline. Now we know what his smirk was about. Gotta love the way they do their business. Like someone said, this came outta nowhere. If anyone kno how to surprise their fans, it's Rockstar.
About the logo: It sure does look like the "V" is from a money note. I was searching for some answers (to a location) and looked at some money bills from America and England. I got nothing. Then I was looking at some bills from the same two countries with earlier designs (to maybe get an idea of what time we'll be in). Still nothing. The trailer will be here in a week, so I don't even know why I'm doing this kind of research. We'll most likely know the place and time on Wednesday. Pretty sure it's gonna be in the present time, since there were reports of Rockstar making an in-game website called LifeStealer.com or something to that effect. So it should be in the Facebook era. The place is something different though. I hope for either London or somewhere in America. My wish would be Los Angeles in 1969 or London in the early seventies. That's probably not gonna happen, but I do think it will be either L.A. or London. In any case: BRING IT ON!!!!!!
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #34
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
I know there was the rumor of LA but that logo screams "DC".
Old 10-25-2011   #35
sasagd
Most inactive Member

sasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enough
Hi guys, long time no see.
When I checked twitter this morning and saw that tweet from Rockstar, I just couldn't believe it, this is too awesome, I can't wait till next week.
As for the logo itself, I think it could be set in las Venturas, hence the V and the dollar vibe I get from it.

English is not my native language, so please, forgive any mistakes.
I'm Back!! (kinda)
sasagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #36
Outersham
Can't stop playing GTA

Outersham is on a distinguished roadOutersham is on a distinguished roadOutersham is on a distinguished roadOutersham is on a distinguished roadOutersham is on a distinguished road
OMG I think I've got the GTA fever again

I can't wait to analyze the trailer. But what's up with the logo, I guess Rockstar thinks we don't know roman numerals?! I actually know a guy who used to call GTA IV ---> GTA 'i' 'v'
Furthermore the 'Grand Theft Auto' part seems to be slightly different. They seem to have switched the grey of the border of the letters with the white of the logo's outer border and vice versa.

I always love the way Rockstar is announcing their new (GTA) games. So well planned. Only the logo makes people already freak out.

I slightly hope GTA V will be situated in Vice City again. However I know we can trust Rockstar, they will create a great game anyway

Hmm I think I'm going to pay Liberty City a visit, or should I visit Vice City or San Andreas... aaargh I just need to visit all of them, I guess it's the fever

Last edited by Outersham; 10-25-2011 at 02:27 PM..
Outersham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #37
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
Maybe you will have some money, ie not be poor starting from the bottom, or maybe you will get to work your way up to wealth. Judging by the Logo, which is using a very USD design.
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #38
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
I think that "FIVE" could also mean five cities. On GTA V logo, it's wrapped around number five. The old rumor was that GTA V is gonna be big. Five cities in GTA 5 sounds more logical to me than going back to Vice City or San Andreas. Maybe that's why they took so much time.
This green "V" could symbolize money and building a criminal empire across this cities.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #39
anitaridesagain
Newbie Member

anitaridesagain is on a distinguished roadanitaridesagain is on a distinguished roadanitaridesagain is on a distinguished road
OH I am just itching with anticipation.
anitaridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #40
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
It's in DC/Baltimore:

US Mint is headquartered in Washington DC.
Old 10-25-2011   #41
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
Los Santos or San Andreas is the most likely location. That casting call R* did with those characters had an San Fierro or Los Santos vibe to it. Plus one of the character was James Pedeaston I believe? He was big in San Andreas.
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #42
ScoobyDoo82
You can take the night off pal!

ScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enough
Lets not forget that teaser billboard in IV, the one that says "Next stop" and has a ripped picture on it, sort of like a bunch of trees. I still can't put it together though, money? trees? what could that mean?

93 Cavalier RS 3.1 - 91 Tempo GL 2.3
ScoobyDoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #43
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps it means we'll be in a place that has money and trees!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #44
ScoobyDoo82
You can take the night off pal!

ScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enough
In other words, it'll take place inside a bank!

93 Cavalier RS 3.1 - 91 Tempo GL 2.3
ScoobyDoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #45
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Really, really looking forward to following the whole development of the whole thing, both the game itself, and the community =)
Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote