Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011   #316
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
That would be great, but unfortunately the earliest I see V being released is in spring 2012. Hopefully you are right though Russ.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #317
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
My hope is they will be aiming for an April release, but it seems odd to have so little info at this point, if it was set for April, and with Max Payne 3 in March they would be quite close together, perhaps May/June is more likely, that would be a solid 3 and a half years of development, and seeing as it only took about the same time to take the huge leap from San Andreas to IV, it's quite plausible.
Old 11-26-2011   #318
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
That is a definitely a possibility and I hope that's what it happens to be. I am itching to play this game, and I am sure everyone else here is too. Here's hoping for a May/June release.
Old 11-27-2011   #319
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
They started to work on GTA V before GTA IV was launched, I'm 99% sure of that.
In game companies there are a few people that starts the work on the next game in a series before the current hits the streets and then more and more people joins in.

I know this because I got friends who works at game companies like DICE and such.
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #320
Classified
Top Secret

If that's the case then V may be a nice holiday present for us all. Although they probably want to release it after Max Payne, so it isn't too likely, but it could possibly happen.

Last edited by Classified; 11-27-2011 at 11:34 AM..
Old 11-27-2011   #321
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Well I guess that's the question. Which game is closer to completion?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #322
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Well I guess that's the question. Which game is closer to completion?
well Max Payne 3 has a release date, has cover art, is already being advertised, and marketed, they've released a design and tech showcase video, already has pre-order dlc, has a special edition announced, and some websites such as Gamespot have already been given a look at the game.

Grand Theft Auto V has a vague announcement and a trailer

I think it's safe to say Max Payne 3 is further along.
Old 11-27-2011   #323
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Very safe to say Max Payne 3 is close to the end already.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #324
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I'm guessing GTA V is going for an April or early May 2012 release. The simple fact that the game looks pretty far in development, maybe not quite at 3/4% in terms of models as we did see a glimpse of that in the announcement trailer, but its definitely getting close. Who knows.. That trailer was probably captured in early October and with a development team the size of R*, the maps probably been finished since then.

But I guess we will find out in the next few weeks, I have a feeling Rockstars going to leave something for Christmas.. Especially the fact that their staying extremely tight lipped.
iKlipse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #325
Classified
Top Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
I have a feeling Rockstars going to leave something for Christmas.. Especially the fact that their staying extremely tight lipped.
I agree with you completely on that, I think they're going to give us something for christmas.
Old 12-03-2011   #326
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
I agree with you completely on that, I think they're going to give us something for christmas.
But im just not seing GTA V being released for this christmas.. it looked nowhere near finished in that debut trailer.

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #327
Classified
Top Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
But im just not seing GTA V being released for this christmas.. it looked nowhere near finished in that debut trailer.
No it won't be released but I believe there will be a trailer or some sort of "goodie" for us for the holidays
Old 02-16-2012   #328
TheStarguy007
CocaColaCan
Newbie Member

TheStarguy007 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't wait till it comes out, I heard It was gonna come out in may 2012 or so? I don't really know for sure but many people had said that the date was in the trailer, so yeah, I'm gonna get Gta v for sure on the PS3.
TheStarguy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #329
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStarguy007 View Post
I can't wait till it comes out, I heard It was gonna come out in may 2012 or so? I don't really know for sure but many people had said that the date was in the trailer, so yeah, I'm gonna get Gta v for sure on the PS3.
there was a house number of 2405 in the trailer leading people to jump to conclusions it was a subtle hint to a release on may 24th, but considering Max Payne 3 isn't out until May, thats not going to happen.
Old 02-17-2012   #330
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I love how in the gaming community people make really out of the blue predictations from the tiniest of things. Especially when it comes to the number 3 among pc gamers.