Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011   #181
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I'm excited.
Old 10-31-2011   #182
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
I haven't posted on this forum in absolutely ages, but I am also excited for GTA: V! If this article has anything to say about it, with phrases like "it's the big one" - then I think that GTA: V will definitely be a game worth getting excited about, that's for sure.
Old 10-31-2011   #183
Belgian
Newbie Member

Belgian is on a distinguished roadBelgian is on a distinguished roadBelgian is on a distinguished roadBelgian is on a distinguished road
I pooped in my pants when I saw Rockstar's propaganda newsletter announcing GTA V. I'm gonna be wired to gtagaming for months, once again. San andreas? I hope so. Funnier, crazier than gta IV please. Hope to be able to customize my cars and the main protagonist. Let the hype and speculations engulf me till release, w00t!
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #184
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
So as an Australian, I can tell you in the utmost confidence that the game is in fact based in Darwin. The main protagonist is a middle aged female called Fanny and the plot is about her husbands Toyota Landcruiser being siphoned by local Aboriginals. The rest is unclear.
I find this funny because I get it, because I'm also in Australia.

Seriously though that cover art looks fake. Also, I swear that exact pose looks so familiar.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #185
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStarr31 View Post
*EDIT* damn just found this....i think bennifer pointed it out already...(not solid proof but hey its something):http://brogamer.tumblr.com/post/1192...-inspired-city

and an image. High chance its fake but proves atleast im not alone:

notice the Washington Monument in the background.....
That's fan art. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #186
tool
Obsessed with GTA 5

tool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enough
it proves that he's not alone like he said.
tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #187
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Whoop de doo.

When the trailer comes out it's either going to be "LOLOL I TOLD YOU SOOO!!" or "GOD FUCKING DAMNIT THEY FUCKED IT ALL UP JESUS CHRIST WHY?"

Let's enjoy the ride until the trailers comes, then we can say for sure where the hell it's going to be based at. Of course he's not alone, just like there are 500 people somewhere in the world hoping the next game will be set in Albania. It's pure logic.

Personally, it can be set on Mars in 2103. As long as they incorporate what made the previous gen games (GTA3/VC/SA/Portable titles) fun with the new toys like advanced physics. Take a step back from the hardcore reality approach, and just focus on the fun.
Old 10-31-2011   #188
duaragan

duaragan is on a distinguished roadduaragan is on a distinguished roadduaragan is on a distinguished road
It will be funny if the trailer dosent reveal the locaiton at all , if it does people will just start debating dlc.

Only 2 more days!
Old 10-31-2011   #189
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaragan View Post
It will be funny if the trailer dosent reveal the locaiton at all , if it does people will just start debating dlc.

Only 2 more days!
even if the trailer didn't specifically state the location, it would be pretty easy to tell, and even if they tried to hide it, i bet someone somewhere would be scouring each and every pixel of each and every frame, to figure it out.
Old 10-31-2011   #190
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
even if the trailer didn't specifically state the location, it would be pretty easy to tell, and even if they tried to hide it, i bet someone somewhere would be scouring each and every pixel of each and every frame, to figure it out.
Exactly this. When the first IV trailer hit, most people thought it was set in real-world New York (myself included), until someone noticed "Liberty City" on the back of the Platypus boat.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #191
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Rockstar will never set a GTA game in a real city. The sexual humor and absurd scenarios (as well as the radio) wouldn't allow it. The only reason they did London 1961 is because it came out before the modern GTA, and it didn't use so much of the aforementioned sexual humor, absurd scenarios (though a little bit of the latter is kind of required in GTA game), and radio. The best they can do is model the cities off real ones.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #192
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Schwab View Post
Rockstar will never set a GTA game in a real city. The sexual humor and absurd scenarios (as well as the radio) wouldn't allow it. The only reason they did London 1961 is because it came out before the modern GTA, and it didn't use so much of the aforementioned sexual humor, absurd scenarios (though a little bit of the latter is kind of required in GTA game), and radio. The best they can do is model the cities off real ones.
I don't think its the sexual humour that cites are worried about, they don't want their cities associated with such violence and crime.
Old 10-31-2011   #193
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
well i think its going to be set in los santos. was hoping for a chicago or a dc metropolitan area but anything will do for me.I think if there going to have it set in modern times then both los santos or a dc run off would be good because one californias economic problems will have a lot to be joked about which rockstar loves to do and would be a good over tone for the story and dc because its the capitol of the u.s.a which is at a whole going to the shitter economy wise. if it was set in d.c. though i would imagine it would have to be very political unless its some black dude rising up from the ghetto of east d.c. i just hope it stays within the same canon (universe) as gta IV i loved everything about that game still play it to this day.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #194
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think its the sexual humour that cites are worried about, they don't want their cities associated with such violence and crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Schwab View Post
I don't think it's any of that. It's just Rockstar's way of doing it. Parodies of cities, parodies of hundreds of real life consumer products, parodies of movies and parodies of cars. The only 'real' thing they put into their games is real life music and artists. Rockstar COULD go the Driver way in the next installment and acquire real life licences for different auto brands and models and set it in a real city, but it'd just destroy the whole charm. They could also model a city pretty much 100% realistically and name the districts and city after a real one, but again, for the same reason, I don't think they will, just because that's how they do it. The only exception we have is GTAondon, but that was from way before the GTA-series was properly established.
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #195
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It's not even the real cities themselves objecting. Rockstar wouldn't set a game in real Los Angeles and slap it with constant innuendo and excessive violence. You've seen L.A. Noire; the advertisements may be fake but they're all based on what would be seen in 1947. Same with the people; every single person is wholly believable with a realistic background, and not just a satire of a certain way of American life.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote