Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011   #166
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Had to replace my VC PS2, over played the hell out of it, had to get another. I think I got pissed off and folded my original GTA III PS2 like a taco, I could beat the SHIT out of myself for that one because now I got one of those dumbass fucking newer ones. Still have my original PS2 SA.

PC, still have both my VC/III install/play discs. My GTA III install disc is fucked though, and my VC Play disc is fucked. Still got my SA PC copy that I got on release. Has been through hell itself, but still works fine.

Got my IV 360 copy that I got the CE/SE of. Still got all the shit that it came with. Got my PS3 IV copy. Got my PC IV copy. Even though I don't like IV as much as the others, I still have no clue how or why I have it on all platforms.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #167
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
lol I bought SA from EB games, stole an empty SA case off the shelf.

Burned SA, returned it and kept it in the SA case from the shelf rofl. I was such a stupid kid.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #168
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
I come here as a member before I come as staff. I'm allowed to express my opinion as much as you are, so if I don't agree with your little spiel about Washington DC, get over it.
Yeah, opinion is one thing -- but saying that "those with common sense" know where the game is set carries (unneeded) aggressive and negative connotations with it and makes you sound like a complete fucking douchebag.

Just my opinion, of course.
Old 10-30-2011   #169
JStarr31

JStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished road
LOL DAMN

Soooomy message got soooo misunderstood. Let me clarify. I was stating the fact im american because many ppl - not familiar with U.S currency - were jumping to all sorts of conclusions when in actuality,, the logo bears more resemblance to that of american currency than any other of these assumptions, mainly being that i handle U.S money everyday as an american. Yet others -who strongly have right to opinion- seem to view it as other things in such due to not handling our money often, see my money statement as mere idea. Also, to push more on to the D.C setting, Washington is where our money is printed and syndicated. give more plausibility to a DC setting. Look I never meant to come across as cocky or using being an american as solidity to my bias. Apologies.

Now on topic
Lukeyy19:::
Quote:
The fact that the V is the same as on a $5 bill could represent simply that:
The game, as always uses dollars, and it looked cool.
Money now plays a much more important roll in the game.
The story is based around a counterfeit money outfit
The story is based around a money laundering business
and more
All very true but not very disproving to my argument. All that can happen in D.C. Why not?

Hell Inferno X2::
Quote:
Anyways, any SOLID evidence we have is the casting call R* put out a while back for a game codenamed "Frozen" which included mostly characters from the Los Angeles, San Francisco areas. It also includes one character that is pretty famous in the GTA universe, especially in San Andreas, James Pedeaston.

Why cant the casting calls be for radio callers? you act as if ppl in SA havent called VC or LC and vice vera. or even vacationers visiting and calling in. Your argument is valid but the possibilities are endless making mine just as valid.

Quote:
Also, I think after the last-gen GTAs, R* has no problems just throwing out a bunch of references to other cities in GTA IV. During GTA 3/ Vice city times, R* purchased a bunch of domains to throw the fans off, GTA Bogota, GTA Tokyo, etc. Just because they make references to other cities doesn't mean the game will take place there.

First off i wasnt going off of domain names....my links were wikipedia. Second Ummm yea. and EVERYONE of those in-game city references came to fruition. III mentioned Vice City and Carcer City. What came after games in both cities. Vice City had SA references and what did we get? San Andreas. GTA hasnt made a reference to a city that hasnt followed up. its just a theory, but one a lot more solid than others -V stands or Vegas?-

matt__jon::
Quote:
DC seems like a boring city, its New York with shorter buldings. Don't get me wrong, its fun to visit in person, but it seems too similar to NY but missing the atmosphere.

Lukeyyy19::
Quote:
I think that is more likely, as DC isn't much of a deviation from Liberty City really.

Dont think DC alone,, rather DC Metro area consisting of:
Washington - Small Vice City type (political crimes/satire, business fraud/laundering, syndicates, et.)
Baltimore - Smaller type Liberty City (big city crime, gangs, drugs, sex, violence)
Virginia Beach - Los Santos/Vice City type (side-missions, drugs, real estate, shopping, leisure, etc.)

all of this with plenty of rural/countryside in between.

Quote:
The news over the last five years has had alot to do with california struggling.
In my opinion as lovley as SA seems not it hasnt. You must live in Cali to say that cause the last five years have been about the political fallout in the American government resulting from them being too incompotent to keep a country full of fat ppl afloat. Man, that sounds perfect for the world to poke fun at, i know i do.

Look I know we all want SA but honestly i would feel cheated. id eel like all they would do is mash the RDR, MCA and LA Noire maps together and say "Man we were working on this for years". If thats the case you half assed me or the first time R*. Shame on you. And why not do that when a new SA is basically that. SA too soon. If not Capital City, then atleast VC. Just prove to me you guys are out here for the art and not soleyy dollars.....

thank you and that is all...and my theory is just as valid as everyone elses....dont flame me pls
JStarr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #170
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Yeah, opinion is one thing -- but saying that "those with common sense" know where the game is set carries (unneeded) aggressive and negative connotations with it and makes you sound like a complete fucking douchebag.

Just my opinion, of course.
Check your private messages.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #171
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
Damn Jstar really wants this to be set in DC lol
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #172
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
Money is also printed in Fort Worth, Texas. Vice City expansion???

It'd be too predictable to be set in VC or SA again though
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #173
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt__jon View Post
Money is also printed in Fort Worth, Texas. Vice City expansion???

It'd be too predictable to be set in VC or SA again though
I think we said the same thing about IV being in Liberty City though.
Old 10-30-2011   #174
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
I'm certain where it's gonna take place. No denying it. This hint points in only one direction: http://media.gamerevolution.com/imag...yrule-edit.jpg
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #175
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I'm pretty sure it's San Andreas again.

just my two cents. We'll find out Wednesday.
Old 10-30-2011   #176
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
As a human, I can tell you with the utmost confidence that GTA V will in fact be set on Planet Earth.
^

Also, isn't Carcer City the location in Manhunt?
Old 10-30-2011   #177
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Is it Wednesday yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivotto View Post
^

Also, isn't Carcer City the location in Manhunt?
Yes.
Old 10-30-2011   #178
JStarr31

JStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation ahem...

SA would sooooo be a cheap exit to making the next GTA. Im not really begging for DC, i'm really gunning for VC (i live there )...I just feel they would make SA a tacked together the LA Noire and MCA map with retextured landmarks, some street edits and RDR map in between . With that tactic, its like R* were thinking 'well we have all these California games already made. Lets use them so we don't have to remake an entire city from scratch.' And why not do that. No sense in resending your design squad out to scope California for the 4th time. Just use the old stuff. You cant tell me Midnight Club didnt feel like 'yup, this is what SA on RAGE would be'....Come on. Im a fan of the hard work not remodeling old files from other games ala SR or EA games

I really enjoy the speculating and reading others speculate.....i really hope its Vice City with the whole Miami and some South Broward. R* show me you went out there and did some research and not just put the game together to beat out the competition in time. GTA Vinewood would be lame. rich ppl crimes? Lame. GTA LS, SF or LV as solo maps each....also boooo. I got my SA as a whole state back then, why give each city individually now? That gives the possibility of each other city released as DLC. not cool.

Another quick note, i remember R* stating LC only made a comeback in IV because they felt in III it wasnt an up to par rendition. I thought it worked, but R* didnt like. I agree R* as i look back and realize it wasnt even close a resembalance to New York. Now SA was done properly, once you were in SA you knew your California. Every city, countryside and rural turn SCREAMED California. Vice City on the other hand was poorly done and needs an update. Downtown Miami was a joke, Lil Havana/Haiti was too small and truthfully doesn't look like that. THe malls and residentals were, meh. Only places on point were the Washington Beach Strip And Starfish Island. I vote a VC overhaul is long overdue.

Hey if it ends up SA (or parts of it) im still buying it and playing it religiously. If its DC, no i told you so's, just rep. soo AS an American, lol, i can tell you with the utmost confidence that GTA V will in fact be set in Washington, D.C. lol(but i want VICE CITY)

Last edited by JStarr31; 10-30-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Old 10-30-2011   #179
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStarr31 View Post
SA would sooooo be a cheap exit to making the next GTA. Im not really begging for DC, i'm really gunning for VC (i live there )...I just feel they would make SA a tacked together the LA Noire and MCA map with retextured landmarks, some street edits and RDR map in between . With that tactic, its like R* were thinking 'well we have all these California games already made. Lets use them so we don't have to remake an entire city from scratch.' And why not do that. No sense in resending your design squad out to scope California for the 4th time. Just use the old stuff. You cant tell me Midnight Club didnt feel like 'yup, this is what SA on RAGE would be'....Come on. Im a fan of the hard work not remodeling old files from other games ala SR or EA games

I really enjoy the speculating and reading others speculate.....i really hope its Vice City with the whole Miami and some South Broward. R* show me you went out there and did some research and not just put the game together to beat out the competition in time. GTA Vinewood would be lame. rich ppl crimes? Lame. GTA LS, SF or LV as solo maps each....also boooo. I got my SA as a whole state back then, why give each city individually now? That gives the possibility of each other city released as DLC. not cool.

Another quick note, i remember R* stating LC only made a comeback in IV because they felt in III it wasnt an up to par rendition. I thought it worked, but R* didnt like. I agree R* as i look back and realize it wasnt even close a resembalance to New York. Now SA was done properly, once you were in SA you knew your California. Every city, countryside and rural turn SCREAMED California. Vice City on the other hand was poorly done and needs an update. Downtown Miami was a joke, Lil Havana/Haiti was too small and truthfully doesn't look like that. THe malls and residentals were, meh. Only places on point were the Washington Beach Strip And Starfish Island. I vote a VC overhaul is long overdue.

Hey if it ends up SA (or parts of it) im still buying it and playing it religiously. If its DC, no i told you so's, just rep. soo AS an American, lol, i can tell you with the utmost confidence that GTA V will in fact be set in Washington, D.C. lol(but i want VICE CITY)

Seriously? Rockstar aren't going to just "re-texture" models used from other games. This is why they have a huge team that is specifically there for designing and creating maps.

Broker, Bohan and dukes - 11 map artists
Algonquin - 9 map artists
Alderney - 5 map artists

That's a pretty decent sized team of people who specialize in building 3D terrain and settings. Each part of the map has its own team working on it for years. GTA IV began work just before San Andreas was finishing up, the map would've been one of the first steps. This goes with every game. I doubt very highly that during the first trailer of GTA IV, the map still wasn't 100%.
So what if they use a couple of the same country side trees and grass as Red Dead Redemption? I doubt they will but it wont matter. The trees were excellent models and played a massive part in what made Red Dead Redemption pull off a ridiculously awesome map.

GTA IV was really only a test project for R* to see their capabilities for GTA on current gen consoles and they did a great job with it, as well as GTA III.
Vice City was supposed to be a test project for San Andreas, yet it ended up being one of the best games of its time and even up till now people still love it. LA Noire was a project by Team Bondi, Rockstar helped out a lot with its production. They gained a lot of knowledge with facial technology, as well as researched 1940's Los Angeles.

Midnight Club LA, that is a racing game. They practically took aerial views of Los Angeles and remodelled the entire city to match, to get as close to Los Angeles as possible. There is no slack during the modelling of each city created... Bagging Vice City because you think its suburbs weren't good enough, the game was released in 2002. Vice City was ahead of its time in terms of graphics and what you were able to do in a video game.

About GTA V, you seem that nothing is good enough for you yet you haven't even seen their reveal trailer yet. No one has ever said that its based on one city or that each city will be released in dividually via. DLC. No body knows yet and if it is based in Los Santos only, then I'm sure Rockstar have already gone through the pros and cons about it and done it in a way that will make us fans happy. I also don't understand your obsession with Washington DC...

So as an Australian, I can tell you in the utmost confidence that the game is in fact based in Darwin. The main protagonist is a middle aged female called Fanny and the plot is about her husbands Toyota Landcruiser being siphoned by local Aboriginals. The rest is unclear.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #180
JStarr31

Quote:
Seriously? Rockstar aren't going to just "re-texture" models used from other games. This is why they have a huge team that is specifically there for designing and creating maps.

Broker, Bohan and dukes - 11 map artists
Algonquin - 9 map artists
Alderney - 5 map artists

I know this....everything in your post i already knew...and i do mean everything...look, i said "I just feel they would make SA a tacked together LA Noire and MCA map with retextured landmarks, some street edits and RDR map in between."
Keywords being I and Feel. Can i have an opinion please and not get 'put down'. I never said concretely that re-textureing and the whole what not would be R* definite movements. I said I (me personally) would feel (and imagine) that would be the case. i feel they already have enough California footage and models to not have to re-send out those teams. Not saying they wouldn't. just saying it seems lijke they wouldnt have to. why not do it if half the models for the map are already rendered. whose to say.

Quote:
Bagging Vice City because you think its suburbs weren't good enough, the game was released in 2002. Vice City was ahead of its time in terms of graphics and what you were able to do in a video game.

I understand how i may have sounded like i was 'bagging' on VC. VC is my fave and i agree %100 with the fact it was ahead of its time. I didn't care about the suburbs. i never said anything about the suburbs. As for the city im speaking in RETROSPECT. Looking back it could be ALOT better. So now that we have the technology, lets properly execute a genuine miami replicated Vice City. Downtown VC was nothing like its real counter part. The vibe and atmosphere delivered perfectly, dont get me wrong, but being a true replicia like LC is to NY now, it really lacks (in retrospect today). It just deserves a re-haul like LC. LC was ahead of its time in 2001 but they still re-hauled it. just saying. sheesh.

Quote:
About GTA V, you seem that nothing is good enough for you yet you haven't even seen their reveal trailer yet. No one has ever said that its based on one city or that each city will be released in dividually via. DLC. No body knows yet and if it is based in Los Santos only, then I'm sure Rockstar have already gone through the pros and cons about it and done it in a way that will make us fans happy. I also don't understand your obsession with Washington DC..

Wow....RELAX. Im not dissatisfied at all. thats just how id feel suspicious in regards to the design of the city. If its SA, i would still buy ad enjoy it. Man, it just seems everyone here is SA or Die. Major of the post in this topic are "No stupid, it SA, your an idiot if you think otherwise". Hey if its SA. GREAT!!!! im in it %120. But it seems for everyone else (i could be wrong) if its anythying but SA im %120 not playing it. especially if its DC. damn can i have a theory too?. I'd play it no matter where the game takes place. Also I never said "believe me or else". I just wanna be part of the action. if you dont remember the rumors: Were Vinewood (solo city) Los Santos (solo city) and like Hawaii. So in reguards to rumors and other members posts, I was merely stating i (me) would rather a whole SA than each city solo.

Quote:
No body knows yet and if it is based in Los Santos only, then I'm sure Rockstar have already gone through the pros and cons about it and done it in a way that will make us fans happy
Extremely bias statement. No one knows if it LS only, but then basically tell me it is in LS and dont worry becuase they made it in a way that everyone would like it (including me). But if it were to make it DC they couldnt possibly find a way to make everyone like it. (including yourself). why not? Truthfully i want VC but DC seemed interesting to share.

Everyone stop taking my posts out of context and bashing me for not joining the SA train. HONESTLY I HOPE ITS VC WAAAAAY MORE THAN DC or SA. There is no obsession with DC, just some clues i observed and wanted to convey to the community. I just thought it was interesting and maybe we together could elaberate on it a lil further. Instead everyone got offended, started bashing my ' im american statement' and never even took head any of my actual proof/scources. Im done with the whole DC theory...back to the VC hopes and wishes....I swear you guys just dont want to hear anything other than SA (it seems, yet i could be wrong). Even a mod made it seem as though since i dont think its SA, i have no 'common sense' for just recreationally hypothesizing about a fictional game. sheesh can i live?

*EDIT* damn just found this....i think bennifer pointed it out already...(not solid proof but hey its something):http://brogamer.tumblr.com/post/1192...-inspired-city

and an image. High chance its fake but proves atleast im not alone:

notice the Washington Monument in the background.....

Last edited by JStarr31; 10-31-2011 at 03:03 AM..