Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011   #136
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt__jon View Post
A specific location has never been important to me, setting, I guess anywhere between the 80's and now, though as I've said before, I prefer a tropical location but will buy it either way. The countryside was nice in SA.

My main concerns would be bringing back the planes (especially jet fighters), the apache (with a controllable turret for christs sake!), less sluggish cars and drifting more like Driver San Francisco, instead of GTA4 where the car immediately turns sideways and loses all speed, on foot, making the characters jumping more fluid, like parkour, where if you're running up to a fence and jump, you don't come to a stop, you just fly over the fence (in a realistic way) where the jumping and pulling yourself over the fence is one fluid motion.
I wouldn't want it any earlier than the 80s either, I prefer the modern day GTAs.

A tropical location sounds cool, I was thinking an island (or group of islands) kind of like a cross between Miami and Hawaii would be pretty fun, a nice big city, sunshine, and beaches, then mountain passes, and dirt tracks up in the hills.

Planes are always fun, especially on bigger maps, I never thought the driving in IV was that bad but being able to drift would be nice.

I would love more fluid on foot movements, climbing, jumping and running never really felt quite right, you could never really have much of a foot chase, also, the characters don't run fast enough for long enough, they can only run about 1 block before the slow to a jog, at which point you just get shot, perhaps a sprint which doesn't last long is fine, but we need to be able to go faster than a jog for longer, jogging parkour would be silly.
Old 10-28-2011   #137
tool
Obsessed with GTA 5

tool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enoughtool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStarr31 View Post
AS an American i can tell you with the utmost confidence that GTA V will in fact be set in Washington, D.C. Why you might ask? Well, im here to point out some obvious and some not so obvious clues to you the public...
You're probably right. But what are your thoughts about Carcer City (Philadephia)? Is it possible that they'll make a good blend of DC and Philadelphia or something?
tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #138
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
interesting post JStarr31... i didn't know about that history program. rockstar usually doesn't just throw out names of cities like that (Capital City) without having an intention of setting a game there.
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #139
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
AS an American i can tell you with the utmost confidence that GTA V will in fact be set in Washington, D.C. Why you might ask? Well, im here to point out some obvious and some not so obvious clues to you the public...
The fact that the V is the same as on a $5 bill could represent simply that:
  • The game, as always uses dollars, and it looked cool.
  • Money now plays a much more important roll in the game.
  • The story is based around a counterfeit money outfit
  • The story is based around a money laundering business
  • and more

The Capital City thing could of just been a random line thought up buy whoever was writing the TV shows, a whole array of other places are mentioned in IV.

I'm not saying you're wrong, it may well be set in D.C. I just think you're being overly confident about something that might not be as definitive as you've made it look.

Come Tuesday, if it is set in DC, then well done, you'll be receiving some positive rep from me.
Old 10-28-2011   #140
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
JStarr31,

Reading your post, you're pretty much telling us that you know its gonna be set in D.C. because you are American. There are Americans on this board you know....

Anyways, any SOLID evidence we have is the casting call R* put out a while back for a game codenamed "Frozen" which included mostly characters from the Los Angeles, San Francisco areas. It also includes one character that is pretty famous in the GTA universe, especially in San Andreas, James Pedeaston.

The V logo is from the dollar sign possibly because there is an actual $5 bill. Also, money might play a much bigger role since a lot of people complained that you couldn't do much with money in GTA IV. I honestly don't know how the V would stand for Vegas as someone here mentioned, why not just put Vegas? Also, R* never has not used any real cities in GTA except London, so I doubt they will do it now.

Also, I think after the last-gen GTAs, R* has no problems just throwing out a bunch of references to other cities in GTA IV. During GTA 3/ Vice city times, R* purchased a bunch of domains to throw the fans off, GTA Bogota, GTA Tokyo, etc. Just because they make references to other cities doesn't mean the game will take place there.
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #141
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
V would stand for Las Venturas, the GTA counterpart of Las Vegas
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #142
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Quote:

post of the day
Old 10-28-2011   #143
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrucci View Post
V would stand for Las Venturas, the GTA counterpart of Las Vegas
No it wouldn't, it's the roman numeral for 5, IV didn't stand for Iiberty Vity did it.
Old 10-28-2011   #144
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
FUCK YEAR AMURIKAH

This is always my favorite part of this shit. -NO THE GAME IS GONNA BE HERE. -NO HERE. -NO HERE. All this speculation.

Oh GTAG, you make me feel young(er) again.

Though the presentation of the V obviously symbolizes something. What though? Tune in next week for the next episode of Drag- the GTA V trailer.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #145
samyG
Newbie Member

samyG is on a distinguished roadsamyG is on a distinguished roadsamyG is on a distinguished roadsamyG is on a distinguished road
Oh for fuck's sake. The V just means the number 5. That is all.
samyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #146
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Yeah, the V doesn't stand for anything. It's roman numeral for the number Five.

Just how IV didn't mean "Grand Theft Auto: Eye (I) Vee (V)" and you played a medical doctor on the edge.

even though, you DID get a medical suit in one mission
Old 10-28-2011   #147
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
No it wouldn't, it's the roman numeral for 5, IV didn't stand for Iiberty Vity did it.
Idiot, I was replying to inferno, he was like "why would the V stand for Vegas lol rockstar never uses real names!" Venturas is the Vegas counterpart in GTA, both start with V, allllll I was saying
Old 10-28-2011   #148
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
Patrucci,

Someone in here said the V stands for Vegas. I am aware of Las Venturas, wouldn't it be LV?

p.s. You quoted me wrong.
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #149
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

I hope the V stands for Violence.
Old 10-28-2011   #150
Patrucci

I can't stand the wave of people that flood in here GTA release time.