Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011   #1
pyrowipe
Newbie Member

pyrowipe is on a distinguished roadpyrowipe is on a distinguished roadpyrowipe is on a distinguished road
Question ASI loading, but not working help....

So, I have been having bad luck ever since I bought GTA IV, just to mod it.

First thing, I paid 40 dollars for the bundle pack, and less than 3 hours later, it went on sale for 12 dollars for every GTA game there is! FML!!!!

Then after some steep learning curves I managed to roll back my patch to 1.0.4, install some texture packs, cars, an ENB mod, and finally got a trainer to work! I must have mix and matched sooo many to finally get it just how I like it... exhausting... but slowly figuring it all out.

HERE IS MY CURRENT PROBLEM:

Due to my new cars, I was getting the taxi bug... so I installed taxibugfix.asi. In the log it says, "Loading ASI C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\taxibugfix.asi
ASI loaded : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\taxibugfix.asi, Address 0x00000000" and in the game when I boot is says in the upper left, "Loaded" in the corner which is supposed to indicate that its working... BUT IT'S NOT.

This is also the case with my SuperMan.asi Mod. Log says its loaded, but it doesn't work.

I was starting to think my asi loader was broken some how, but I am able to get inGameTrainer.asi to load and work perfectly. I also tried using "real traffic spawn" mod, to try in fix my taxi bug, and it loads, and sorta works(sometimes despawning a car I'm in before occasionally crashing, think I might need more video ram).

Sorry if I'm using the wrong terms, not giving all the needed info, or missing something simple. Like I side I just downloaded this game from steam on the 20th of October and didn't start trying to mod before 3 days ago. It's really frustrating and confusing how most asi mods load, but don't seem to run, any help please???
pyrowipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #2
AngryAmoeba
Novice Modder

AngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished road
Which ASI loader are you using?

Also, maybe try these other taxi bug workarounds:
www.gta4-mods.com/script/trafficload-f9780
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=437368
Deadly Wrecks car wrecks hurt, seatbelt helps
Weapon Weight weapons and ammo slow you down
Weapon Storage store weapons & ammo in safehouses
Real Reload more realistic reload model for guns
Hide Radar hide the radar & health bars for HUD-free gameplay

My specs:
Q6600 @ 3.0GHz || 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM || GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB
24" LCD @ 1920x1200 || Windows 7 Professional x64 || GTA4 v1.0.4.0
AngryAmoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #3
pyrowipe
Newbie Member

pyrowipe is on a distinguished roadpyrowipe is on a distinguished roadpyrowipe is on a distinguished road
I am using dsound.dll

I have also tried xlive.dll same results, it loads but doesn't work...
Strange thing too, when I use xlive.dll, my menu text disappears, and its not as bright.

Aslo I am using ScriptHook.dll 0.3.0 I tried using 0.5.1(that says it should work), but the game crashes on initial load.

So I tried those traffic mods you suggested... it looks like the TrafficFlow might have worked? ...but I still get like 7 of the same care in a row.

Sovled... I went to 0.4.0 scripthook, and removed those new mods that you said to try... works now...

such a trial and error operation.

Last edited by pyrowipe; 10-24-2011 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 10-24-2011   #4
AngryAmoeba
Novice Modder

AngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished road
Well, one quick tip about the C++ scripthook: the latest version that works with patch 1.0.4.0 is 0.4.0. You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?g9dkpfwok7b82b6

Also, check this out: http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128300
(Scroll down to where it says "When using Xliveless (Asi-Loader) the menu-texts disappear")

My specs:

Last edited by AngryAmoeba; 10-24-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Old 10-24-2011   #5
pyrowipe
Newbie Member

Thanks, yeah I had to go back to 0.4.0, and my superman mod loaded!!! That made me pretty happy. However, but my taxi bug mods still won't load.

Ok so using xlive now, seems to be working better, now that I have the correct font files... thanks, must have missed that I needed those. Is there a log generated from xlive like the dsound to see if the asi's are loading?
Another byproduct of the xlive, is my saves were changed, and kep maps reset... wonder what that's about..

Also this is kinda off the wall, but you know that cheat that makes your puches DENT cars and smash them up... I guess that only for the expansion... do you konw of any mods that allow you to do that... I have already edited the weapons.xml, but it just makes them go flying, I'm looking for one that smashed them.

Thanks you've been a huge help!!!!!

Last edited by pyrowipe; 10-24-2011 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 10-24-2011   #6
AngryAmoeba
Novice Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrowipe View Post
Is there a log generated from xlive like the dsound to see if the asi's are loading?
No I don't think so, but if an .asi uses the C++ scripthook, there will be messages about it in ScriptHook.log.

Quote:
Another byproduct of the xlive, is my saves were changed, and kep maps reset... wonder what that's about..
Yeah, Xliveless creates its own save directory.
(for Windows 7 and Vista) %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
(for Windows XP) %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\

Copy ControlMap.dat and your savegame files ("SGTA4##") into that directory. The bonus with Xliveless is that you can also put other people's savegames in there; without it, you can only play your own saves.

Quote:
Also this is kinda off the wall, but you know that cheat that makes your puches DENT cars and smash them up... I guess that only for the expansion... do you konw of any mods that allow you to do that... I have already edited the weapons.xml, but it just makes them go flying, I'm looking for one that smashed them.
No idea, sorry.

My specs: