Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011   #1
polorsport
Newbie Member

polorsport is an unknown quantity at this point
Help can't see any pause menu after ice enhancer 1.3 and realism mod

OK, so I obviously screwed something up as I can't see any of the menu's properly when I pause the game. I just did a refresh install, updated to 1.4. Then tried to follow the instructions to install 1.3 ice enhancer mod, and realism mod, as well as the road texture mod.

But, when I pause the game there are no labels for things link sound, graphic menu's, basically everything is blank except for the map. The sound bars are there but no labels. Help me out.
polorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #2
Derpie
Newbie Member

Derpie is an unknown quantity at this point
When you uninstalled the game, did you delete the leftover files in the Rockstar Games/GTA IV folder? Sometimes when you have mods installed and then uninstall the game, it leaves files leftover from other mods in the game folder.

Also, try Shift-F12 during game play to disable the mods and see if your menu is still blank? This way you can at least tell if it is the mod that is causing the error vs a corrupted installation.
Derpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #3
pyrowipe
Newbie Member

pyrowipe is on a distinguished roadpyrowipe is on a distinguished roadpyrowipe is on a distinguished road
I've had this happen before too, not sure why.... I do know that when you install the realizm mod, as I have... I didn't install the folder "text" and I seemed to avoid this problem. You might try fixing it by replacing the text folder from your backup folder of the clean install that I hope you made. The folder is located under the GTAIV/common/text. I think the mod tries to changed the text file and then the game won't load. You might also try replacing your font.dat files in your GTAIV/common/data folder with the original files.

Let me know how it goes!
pyrowipe is offline   Reply With Quote