Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011   #1
kjcoolguy
Elite Gta Gamer.

kjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enough
Opinions On the Next GTA Dates!!

This is a thread specifically for Gamers opinion on the next Gta date.For Example I THINK It could be announced not this March coming up but March or April of 2013.But others might speculate that its coming out this following March or April.Who knows that's,why we have to speculate(Guess) to get the right answer at times.
kjcoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #2
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
It should announced by the end of the year. Seriously, it has to be. It's been far too long. Since GTA IV came out, we've got:
CoD: WoW, MW2, Black Ops, and soon MW3
Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, and soon Revelations
NFS Undercover, Shift, Hot Pursuit, Shift 2, and soon The Run
Mass Effect and most likely Mass Effect 3
Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Saints Row 2 and soon 3
Infamous 1 and 2
Uncharted 2 and soon Uncharted 3
Batman Arkham Asylum and City.

I'm probably missing out other sequels but these are hte first that come to my mind. I am expecting some groundbreaking shit.
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #3
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Im guessing they are going to kick the saints row franchise in the balls like they did to rockstar. They released a saints row trailer a little while after gta ivs release, making a parody of the games content. So I'm expecting rockstar to wait for the competition to release their game first.

But other than that, its been too long and no word has been said. Its a bit ridiculous.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012   #4
kjcoolguy
Elite Gta Gamer.

kjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enoughkjcoolguy will become famous soon enough
Damn y'all what if my guess was Right.
Old 06-19-2012   #5
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
I don't think Rockstar would release the debut trailer at the end of 2011, but then wait until spring of 2013 to release the game. They've never done that before for any other GTA. They just don't wait that long to release the game once the first trailer is out.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #6
kjcoolguy
Elite Gta Gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeats23 View Post
I don't think Rockstar would release the debut trailer at the end of 2011, but then wait until spring of 2013 to release the game. They've never done that before for any other GTA. They just don't wait that long to release the game once the first trailer is out.
There's A first time for everything.I hope it comes out earlier too but from the looks of it that might not happen.There has been a pattern for GTA Release dates.If we figure it out who knows we might get the correct date without any confirmation from Rockstar.I like to call that our 6th sense.We actually know things before they happen.Who knows you might be correct and I might be wrong.We'll see in a couple months.
Old 06-19-2012   #7
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
The sooner, the better. Even longtime GTA fans are losing their patience. It's simply not funny anymore.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #8
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
In my opinion, the only reason no release date has been announced is to avoid any backlash from imminent delays. To look at an obvious example of this, GTA IV was originally coming out in October 2007, before being delayed indefinitely in the August of that year with no further publicity until that December, when we got the third trailer some 6 months after the second. If you attribute Rockstar's silence to something along these lines and combine that with Max Payne's own publicity campaign you can see why they have been tight-lipped.

The interesting thing is that, from memory, GTA IV's post-delay release date was announced December 2007, about 6 months prior to it's April release. What we can take from this is that whenever information begins to surface the release will soon follow.

If Rockstar give themselves 6 months, give or take, to market the game properly, the game could theoretically come out 6 months from today ... though that's only if news happens to come out today. If I had to place money down, I'd say the game will release in May 2013, though that is at the very latest. I'm still hoping for October because I'm naive at heart.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #9
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
I'm not sure how many people know this, but prior to GTA IV, Rockstar would do most of the marketing in the July and August before the game's October release. And when I say "most" I mean they would maybe release a couple of screens in late spring, and then nothing until July or August. Obviously things are different now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they want to do a Design & Technology series for GTA V, but they're definitely 100% sure the game will do extremely well even if they wait until the last few months.

I just think it all comes down to possible delays. I don't think Rockstar would ever choose a spring release date for a GTA game for no real reason. Even RDR was supposed to come out in the fall, and most likely October.
Old 06-20-2012   #10
TheQasim888

TheQasim888 will become famous soon enoughTheQasim888 will become famous soon enoughTheQasim888 will become famous soon enoughTheQasim888 will become famous soon enoughTheQasim888 will become famous soon enoughTheQasim888 will become famous soon enoughTheQasim888 will become famous soon enough
I'm probably wrong but Rockstars recent games (Max Payne 3, LA Noire) both came out in may.Maybe they might release the game then, an October 2012 release is way too early for a Gta game just being recently announced.
TheQasim888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #11
icebreaker202

icebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enough
Im hoping for October so bad. But I know that might not happen.
icebreaker202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #12
Bigbeats23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQasim888 View Post
I'm probably wrong but Rockstars recent games (Max Payne 3, LA Noire) both came out in may.Maybe they might release the game then, an October 2012 release is way too early for a Gta game just being recently announced.
Why do you say that. They announced the game last October, and the real thing to base it on is the release of the debut trailer which was a week later. Has there ever been a GTA that took more than a year to release after the first trailer? Even GTA IV came out a year later, and that game was delayed.

And Rockstar's other franchises that came out in spring were all originally scheduled for a fall release. Delays are what makes it seem like Rockstar likes spring releases, and GTA V may get delayed, but I don't think so, because they've probably been working on it for 4 years.
Old 06-25-2012   #13
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeats23 View Post
Why do you say that. They announced the game last October, and the real thing to base it on is the release of the debut trailer which was a week later. Has there ever been a GTA that took more than a year to release after the first trailer? Even GTA IV came out a year later, and that game was delayed.

And Rockstar's other franchises that came out in spring were all originally scheduled for a fall release. Delays are what makes it seem like Rockstar likes spring releases, and GTA V may get delayed, but I don't think so, because they've probably been working on it for 4 years.
they were working on IV for 4 years too, and that still got delayed.
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #14
Bigbeats23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
they were working on IV for 4 years too, and that still got delayed.
True, but that game was also the first GTA for the new generation of systems, and using new tech.

It's just too hard for me to accept that Rockstar would release GTA V's trailer when they did, just to delay it until 2013. They took so long to give us any GTA info, and while we were still caught up with all the games that came out during that holiday season, and still craving for new Max Payne information, Rockstar just releases a GTA V trailer out of nowhere. They wanted GTA V in our mind, and they felt the need to do that before MP3 came out. It just doesn't make sense, unless you compare to previous GTA releases.

Since MP3 was delayed, it ended up being released during the time Rockstar would usually announce GTA. Looking at previous GTA releases, it seems they like to announce GTA in the spring, then release images, and eventually more trailers in summer and then the game comes out in October. I honestly think they gave us the trailer when they did, so they could give MP3 enough love, and they're still on schedule if they start talking more about GTA V in July or even August.
Old 06-27-2012   #15
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
GTA V was announced early to satiate the Take-2 shareholders. Company stock prices are as low as they have ever been, which is very dangerous water to tread seeing as Rockstar, at the time, had no other announced projects beyond Max Payne 3 and Agent, which is a new IP that is clearly going through some development issues and has no promise to sell at this moment. Then you have 2K who are releasing a new NBA and Bioshock, both big-name franchises but not giant sellers by any stretch.

Rockstar could have made the announcement with just a splash-page and a title that said "Coming Soon," but that hardly incites any modicum of forward progress. The trailer showed just how far along into development they were. All I know is I'm happy they released the trailer when the did as opposed to simply leaving us in the dark.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote