Old 08-17-2011   #1
Spyker
Newbie Member

Spyker is on a distinguished roadSpyker is on a distinguished roadSpyker is on a distinguished road
Modding trouble

newbie here and sorry for an almost repeat post but i need help. I installed a "special" asi loader to work with my gta iv because it was a steam download.(other asi loaders would not let the game work). I don't believe the loader is bad because it is "special"(made to work around steam version gta iv??) ,but spark IV won't work now. I am quite confused by the entire process and i am now stuck waiting for gta iv to redownload because i wanted to start from scratch.
also i am posting because i have had it with researching because i can't find specific info
so here:
why do i need asi-loader?
when spark iv imports the mods(vehicle mods mostly) how do i access them in the game??
quick spark iv tutorial please, I know it is in cdimages, vehicles. do i just import there?(import the wf & wt files)
Spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #2
Rotton

Rotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
newbie here and sorry for an almost repeat post but i need help. I installed a "special" asi loader to work with my gta iv because it was a steam download.(other asi loaders would not let the game work). I don't believe the loader is bad because it is "special"(made to work around steam version gta iv??) ,but spark IV won't work now. I am quite confused by the entire process and i am now stuck waiting for gta iv to redownload because i wanted to start from scratch.
also i am posting because i have had it with researching because i can't find specific info
so here:
why do i need asi-loader?
So that scripts installed in your root directory will load
when spark iv imports the mods(vehicle mods mostly) how do i access them in the game??
You need to install the simple trainer, or a car spawner, and spawn your models by name
quick spark iv tutorial please, I know it is in cdimages, vehicles. do i just import there?(import the wf & wt filesYou can go to their website and get full directions. Yes you have the basic operation down, but the tools are much more than that, and there is no fast path to learn them all
Hope I helped
Rotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #3
Spyker
Newbie Member

Spyker is on a distinguished roadSpyker is on a distinguished roadSpyker is on a distinguished road
thanks! although running into one issue. i have some mods working but the start menu is blank... i got 1.25 icenhance and menu is blank. got rid of it and got a complete car mod and same thing. although i do not have asiloader or a trainer which maybe an issue

okay, i got the trainer working. but my game start menu is blank... any help?? i have the xlive.dll, scripthook, and trainer.asi. that is my only mods lol no cars ro anything yet. help!?!

also whenever i install a car pack.... i replace some files in the GTA IV directory and the game never works and i am back to square one.... i been at this all day i jsut want gta to work with awesome cars. even icenhancer 1.25 had no menu and i followed instructions perfectly.

well i reverted back to stock gta iv.... too difficult. i followed video tutorials and many others like this:http://pc.mmgn.com/Articles/GTA-IV-S...ncer-Mod-Guide, with no luck. if anyone has any suggestions please help. i would love to benefit from modding.
main issues: no menu, blacked out. and the icenhancer textures were missing and also had the menu issue.

Last edited by Spyker; 08-18-2011 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 08-18-2011   #4
Rotton

Rotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enough
Ill throw down something I am working on for a page of mine..... kinda generic, but a good place to start till I get home and time to really look at your issue....

To those new to Modding GTA 4
A few words from a new student of the gta4 modding school of figure it out
Modding by definition is altering files in your main game directory, the first time you do this, it will seem like too much complication, and if dealing with a root directory to begin with isn’t something you can do, or are comfortable with, modding might not be for you.

This said, once you’ve made the decision to mod, your first task is to get the newest version of the game that you can. Then look up the files you need according to the game you have, i.e., digital download, steam, disc, and what version you could get updated to , KEEP IN MIND THE NEWEST FILES ARE USUALLY THE BEST. A lot of mistakes are made here, if you put in a file for a different patch than what you are running, or if it is the wrong title, mods might not work properly, if at all. As long as you match up your files, you have a good chance of success.

TECH NOTE; do not forget to make sure your game is “moddable” Make sure you have read/write permission on your files, or download the file unlocker off the modding site if you don’t know how to assign them yourself.
Now we need to address your tools, the tools offered to download are vast, and you really need to figure out how deep you’re going to go as the sky is the limit. Let’s say however you want to install mods more than build them at this moment, the one tool I know of that you need is Open 4 to be able to browse and install the modified files you’ve made or downloaded.

TECH NOTE; be sure to run open 4 “as administrator”

Further, you’ll need an asi loader, and a simple trainer, feel free to click on these tool links, please notice the links take you to GTA4mods.com site, where I get most of my tools, but you should choose the ones that work for you the best, that means you need to go and look over the different tools and read the descriptions.

DO NOT FORGET, BACK UP YOUR FILES
My best advice is to read up on what all these tools do as a basic understanding will pretty much set you up with your modding future, if you haven’t understood the tools, or what they do, mods will always be difficult for you to troubleshoot or make.
I am NO professional modder, I am a novice who modds for a hobby, this guide is intended only to share my small experience with my fellow gamer.
Rotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011   #5
Spyker
Newbie Member

I have a steam install version of gta iv. if that is an issue.