Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011   #1
EliotN
Newbie Member

EliotN is an unknown quantity at this point
LA Noire user generated content?

Sorry for the great wall of text, but please read and give feedback, even though this idea scares me a little and makes me think of the film “Brainscan”(Look it up)

I’ve been wondering if it would be possible for LA Noire to have user generated content, like something similar to what Sucker Punch is doing with Infamous 2. The problem is, I don't think it would work correctly if people just tried to create crimes scenes on their own, unless they were studying some real cases. You would probably need to actually commit the crimes as a criminal, and the game would need to fill in the rest.

What if there was a mode that would play more like GTA? You pick from a group of potential criminals and basically do the types of criminal activities you would do in that game. The difference would be in the way LA Noire would pick up on the evidence you leave behind, and what witnesses are in the area.

For example, Say you pick up a prostitute, kill her, and then go back to a safehouse?

Everything could be traced back to you.

*what weapon did you use, where did you get it, and what did you do with it?
*what did you do with the body?
*did a witness see you or your license plate?
*tire marks, shoe prints, blood stained clothes etc.

If the game could have automatically triggered questions and responses based on possible witnesses, and evidence left at the scene, then I think something like this could work.

You would do a GTA style free roam, and if you don’t get arrested or shot dead by a normal cop, you could keep playing until you do, or go to a safe house or hotel, and save the game. At this point the game would figure out what to present to detectives and your crime or crimes would become a user generated case and it would be up to other players to figure out what happened, and who committed the crime.
EliotN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #2
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
On a small scale, possibly. From the hundreds of thousands of players and all the possible combinations of outcomes, no way. It's an interesting idea, something that takes away the mediocrity of the free roam where you can't do a single thing. Even being able to walk down the street and stop robbers or muggers, or tail a possible murder suspect before he does the murder, in real time, would be a nice break.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #3
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
id love to see GTA mode in la noir, with guns and cops that chase you.
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #4
EliotN
Newbie Member

EliotN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB View Post
On a small scale, possibly. From the hundreds of thousands of players and all the possible combinations of outcomes, no way. It's an interesting idea, something that takes away the mediocrity of the free roam where you can't do a single thing. Even being able to walk down the street and stop robbers or muggers, or tail a possible murder suspect before he does the murder, in real time, would be a nice break.
Lol..I didn't think about how many people would be trying to do it if it was that easy. Maybe it would need to be more like other games that have UGC. I don't have a PS3 so I'm not sure how all the different user created levels in LBP or Infamous 2 are organized for people to play.

It would be cool to stop suspects before they commit another crime though. I still don't understand why Team Bondi didnt think about that angle. If you don't catch them, they just keep going until you do.
EliotN is offline   Reply With Quote