Old 04-09-2011   #1
Dymez
No More Pain

Dymez is an unknown quantity at this point
Co-op story mode

So what do you think? Should it be done in this game? A full on drop-in drop-out online co-op of the single play campaign
Dymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #2
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
In all honesty, I don't but I don't think the series should have been given multiplayer at all
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #3
emmahudson88
Newbie Member

emmahudson88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymez View Post
So what do you think? Should it be done in this game? A full on drop-in drop-out online co-op of the single play campaign
I also think so.
Old 10-30-2011   #4
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
It'd be a nice touch. Co op is always fun. Don't see how it can hurt!
Old 10-30-2011   #5
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
No, it's not all for that. Because who else would you play if there's only one protagonist?
Old 10-30-2011   #6
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
I think it would weaken the story personally. If the story is made to accommodate two players, it'll seem weird when only one player is doing it, or they'll have to fill the space with an, ugh, A.I.

Secondly, would one person dying fail the mission, or would they do the respawn B.S. that's done in shooters. The game is really only challenging at all in the third act, so I don't see how allowing a system that's meant to let people abuse the difficulty curve will help. In addition, if balance is struck assuming the game will be co-op, how will that affect the single player game?

Finally, I believe co-op is better for multiplayer. Screwing around with friends is okay, but some of the more frustrating later missions are completed by a hair's breadth from my personal experience. I don't think I can play if someone screws up when I'm trying to see the story.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote