Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012   #181
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
@ Killerfist -

Let's Build: A Castle Part 2
Let's Build: A Castle Part 3
Let's Build: A Castle Part 4

Let's Build: A Kingdom Playlist
Let's Build: A Village Playlist

and

The school I built was off this image. They don't show what's behind, so that's why I left it open. As I'll have to just improvise.

Last edited by Zero; 08-21-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #182
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Old 08-21-2012   #183
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
@Zero Pfff.. good luck with that, it'll take weeks to pull something like that off. He's got some really good stuff (that yogcast guy), those villages are pretty neat too.

Those castles on the images are simply impossible, even if you'd be able to achieve something like that you'll probably end up with depression or a burnout after.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #184
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Well that's the whole fun of the project of making something. Just build in sections like how the videos play out.

And those screenshots are probably from a large group of guys working together. Like in the video Lukeyy posted. Which you should watch. The FyreUK guys are really good. As are VoxelBox.

Last edited by Zero; 08-21-2012 at 02:41 PM..
Old 08-21-2012   #185
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah the FyreUK guys generally have up to about 60 people working on the project at any one time, normally they complete the whole build in one evening, although the City of Aquila above, being so huge I think they said took them a few days.

But yeah Sjin from the Yogscast just spends a day every now and again doing one part of it.
Old 08-23-2012   #186
Zero
Veteran Member

Coming to the next patch (hopefully):
Quote:

• Added item frames
  • Added cobblestone walls (yes, mossy too)
  • Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps. Maps can also be cloned
  • Stairs now auto-arrange into corners. This is a test and may change based on feedback
  • Mobs can travel through portals
  • Leather clothes can be dyed
  • Removed the “wip block” from the creative menu
  • Added two new crops and associated items
  • F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (it’s for debugging, mainly)
  • F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging)
  • Added arrow-sensitive wooden buttons
  • Trapdoors can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim)
Fuck yeah.
Old 08-23-2012   #187
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Just run the Snapshot, then you can have that stuff now.
Old 08-23-2012   #188
Zero
Veteran Member

I sure can.

(From left to right)
  • Item Frame
  • Flower Pot
  • Cobblestone Wall
  • Golden Carrot
  • Carrots
  • Potato
  • Baked Potato
  • Poisonous Potato

I haven't figured out where you get the carrots and potatoes. No seed items in the creative menu yet.

You can also right-click the items in the frame to turn it 90 degrees.

EDIT: Forgot about the new maps. They come auto-filled. Also seem more zoomed in and better detail of terrain.

Last edited by Zero; 08-23-2012 at 02:33 PM..
Old 08-23-2012   #189
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

What are item frames? you can just hang a random item on the wall? Or are they adventure mode things that dispense an item?
Old 08-23-2012   #190
Zero
Veteran Member

As far as I know it's just a picture frame type item that allows you to put on display any other item.

I also forgot about the armor dyes.

Didn't realize how tiny the images were. Went back to edit the other ones.
Old 08-23-2012   #191
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Red white and blue, I'm hoping you're refering to Holland and not France

Don't think I haven't noticed the big flag of France on your tutorial signs

Haha, no but it's pretty cool those new features. Dyable armor was certainly missing and those other stuff is pretty cool too I guess. Not sure what it all is but I'll check it out as soon as the official update comes along
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #192
Zero
Veteran Member

Yep. Holland flag. Nailed it.
Old 08-23-2012   #193
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

So you can make armour that looks like iron, gold or diamond but offers none of the protection...

Edit: Just watched ChimneySwift's video about the snapshot, there are no seeds for potatoes and carrots, you plant the items themselves, not sure how you get hold of them in the first place in survival though, unless its like melon seeds where you have to find them in dungeon chests.

I guess i missed the last snapshot as he also mentioned a night vision potion I didn't know they'd added, now has a recipe using the golden carrot, and they've added a potion of invisibility this week, but it has no crafting recipe yet.

Last edited by Lukeyy19; 08-23-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #194
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
You obtain carrots and potatoes through Zombie drops.

There's also a new mob, I forgot his name and cannot be bothered to open the changelog for the new snapshot. But it's evil as awesomefuck.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #195
Zero
Veteran Member

Whaaa? I didn't see that. I did however figure out you can plant the carrots and potatoes on tilled soil.

EDIT: Just saw Lukeyy's edit. I'll have to check for out that potion too.