Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012   #166
Zero
"Here we go again!"

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
I still will. And even then, it's one of those games you can drop at any moment for a few days/weeks/months and come right back to. It'd be nice to have more active people on the server. It's usually just me for hours.

Also. Don't ever feel like the stuff you build is shit. You just started. When I first got the game it took me 30 mins to learn how to hold the left-click to gather stuff. I also never had any tools. Was gathering and building dirt blocks with my hands for almost a week after buying the game. You'll pick it up and learn things. What's important is your desire to want to learn. Lynk is such a lazy nigger he won't play when the server is on Survival because IT TOO HARD.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #167
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Okay cool, just bought it

I noticed that the learning curve is kind of steep indeed, I too kept hitting a tree wondering why it wouldn't break down and if it should really take that long before discovering you had to hold the mouse button.

But that's what makes it fun, you discover things as you go and actually have to put alot of effort into building a house. The only thing that bugs me is the crafting , that you actually have to re-arrange the 'ingredients' just right to get certain items. No way in hell I'm going to remember all that stuff, but I guess there's always the wikia

As soon as the server you normally use is back up, I'll try to join and have a look around. I'm curious how the world you've created together looks, what I've seen so far (screenshots you posted) looked amazing.

Last edited by Killerfist; 08-19-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #168
Zero
"Here we go again!"

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
The basic shit you make comes like second nature. It's when you get into the Tekkit (a mod) stuff that your mind begins to melt out your urethra in horror of all of the everything you can make.

http://www.minecraftopia.com/how_to_play_minecraft
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tu...er's_guide
Old 08-19-2012   #169
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Ah so that's how you get torches, that first link is really helpful thanks

Do I need that mod to join the server?
Old 08-19-2012   #170
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Lynk is such a lazy nigger he won't play when the server is on Survival because IT TOO HARD.
I prefer creative, but I'll play Survival if I have to. I've been busy this week, so it's not like I'm purposefully avoiding the server.
Old 08-19-2012   #171
Zero
"Here we go again!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
Ah so that's how you get torches, that first link is really helpful thanks

Do I need that mod to join the server?
You're welcome.

And no, it's just a really popular and interesting mod.

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

EDIT: I was gonna look for a Dutch skin for you and came across this instead.

Must. Recreate. Armadillo.

EDIT2: Someone already did it! AND they did Blackwater.
EDIT3: And the server's are still down.

Last edited by Zero; 08-19-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Old 08-20-2012   #172
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Server is back up after updating bukkit.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #173
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

@Zero that looks awesome xD, haven't discovered yet how to change my characters clothing and shit but I presume that's the same as in terraria? that you have to craft/find clothing?

What is the servername and adress btw?
Old 08-20-2012   #174
Zero
"Here we go again!"

No. All you can craft in game to wear is leather/iron/gold/diamond armor. You can find the recipe on the wiki. But you change your skin on the official Minecraft site. Just log in and go to your profile, browse for the image, select image, and upload. You can also edit the file in paint (or whichever program) and make your own. There's also plenty of sites out there to find skins as well as texture packs.

Here's one of many sites for texture packs:
http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/

A guide on how to install them is on the right-side.

Here's one of many sites for skins:
http://www.minecraftskins.com/

Also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
Server IP is: 66.241.79.25
Old 08-20-2012   #175
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Great, this saves alot of time of having to look for that stuff myself

I'll try to join the server now

Edit: Looks nice, had a quick look around but I'd rather wait for more guys to show up to give me a tour of the place, also Lynk's house sign is floating in the air. Might want to fix that

It's kinda wierd though, having everything from the start. I thought I'd actually have to make an effort into getting all the resources. Is that because it's set to creative?

Last edited by Killerfist; 08-20-2012 at 05:25 AM..
Old 08-20-2012   #176
Zero
"Here we go again!"

It's floating because it's on a half-slab. The top part isn't there, but the sign still acts as if it was. Minecraft is weird like that.

And yeah, you have unlimited because of Creative Mode. Which is all about just building and being creative. Hence the plots (squares) of land you see. People have claimed their own to build freely on. You'll have to gather stuff for real when the server switches to its Survival Mode, whenever Piggus switches it.
Old 08-20-2012   #177
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Let's give Killerfist and my friend Otis a little time to build something cool in Creative and then in a few days we'll switch back to Survival.

@Lynk: Survival will be more fun once you start to build something really cool knowing that you found/created all of the resources. Once you have a compass, exploring can be pretty fun as well.
Old 08-20-2012   #178
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I've had enough time to build something, I don't mind switching to survival (as soon as your friend is done)

your museum looks really great Piggus
Old 08-20-2012   #179
Zero
"Here we go again!"

The problem with Survival is it causes the Europeans to lag. There's something about the monsters that causes such awful shit lag. But not the animals. It's weird. It's out of our control, sadly. But it definitely was a lot more quiet on the server when it was on Survival than Creative.

And Killerfist builds surprisingly well for just starting.
Old 08-20-2012   #180
Piggus
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
I've had enough time to build something, I don't mind switching to survival (as soon as your friend is done)

your museum looks really great Piggus
Thanks!