Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2011   #61
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
That article is bullshit. it'll be like RDR, within 6 months of release they threw in the other outfits that had been "Hinted at"
With Mafia 2 they were offered as separate DLC.

But I'm getting the gamestop pre-order, because that's where I do my preorders.
Old 04-24-2011   #62
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by doombringer12 View Post
http://www.goozernation.com/video-ga...r-controversy-

which preorder are you getting

im going for the walmart one
Amazon because they usually give a ton of credit for most major preorders. When I ordered Kilzone 3 I essentially got the game for $20. $20 off retail price, a $20 amazon credit, AND the retro map pack for free. Oh, and free release day shipping.

Don't really care about the preorder DLC tbh. I'd rather get the game for less money and on the day it comes out.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011   #63
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
Errr...

Safehouse?
lol

Btw they've said the first level as a beat cop will be basically a tutorial.

I picture the intro and cut scene showing him coming home from the war, voice over from him explaining him getting a job in the police force, with him walking down the street and you gaining control.
Simple "follow the instructions, press derp to hurp" etc.
Well yeah. How else are you gonna change suits? You can obviously buy new clothes.

lol @ press derp to hurp
Old 04-24-2011   #64
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Well yeah. How else are you gonna change suits? You can obviously buy new clothes.
I'll explain it to you, i'll even try to use ebonics.

Yo, bruv. See all the homies that be slingin in the hood have safehouses, cuz a nigga need to lay low when the popo come calling. The popo all straight an shit, they wear uniforms and have houses or apartments, fkn crackers.

tl;dr or "lol wtf did you say?"

safehouse's are for people that need to hide, He's a cop, he'll have an apartment, or might just do it all at his desk who knows.
Old 04-24-2011   #65
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'll explain it to you, i'll even try to use ebonics.

Yo, bruv. See all the homies that be slingin in the hood have safehouses, cuz a nigga need to lay low when the popo come calling. The popo all straight an shit, they wear uniforms and have houses or apartments, fkn crackers.

tl;dr or "lol wtf did you say?"

safehouse's are for people that need to hide, He's a cop, he'll have an apartment, or might just do it all at his desk who knows.

I take a safehouse as

Safehouse = a house/apartment in which you can "save, sleep, change clothes, weapons, etc"
Old 04-25-2011   #66
duaragan

duaragan is on a distinguished roadduaragan is on a distinguished roadduaragan is on a distinguished road
Release date is coming fast , im getting the Gamestop preorder because you also get a gun if you have a pro card.
Old 04-25-2011   #67
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Just did the "find the badges" thing. It really threw me off a few pages lol, but i 'won' and entered.

Just completed my pre-order:

Subtotal: $59.99
Estimated Tax: $4.55
Handling: $9.99
Total: $74.53
Old 04-25-2011   #68
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
That article is bullshit. it'll be like RDR, within 6 months of release they threw in the other outfits that had been "Hinted at"
With Mafia 2 they were offered as separate DLC.

But I'm getting the gamestop pre-order, because that's where I do my preorders.
R* said a little while back that the LA Noire pre order stuff would be made available to everyone after a while, and that it wouldn't take as long as the RDR pre order stuff.

See the last part after The War Horse section.

Link
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #69
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Just did the "find the badges" thing. It really threw me off a few pages lol, but i 'won' and entered.

damn $10 shipping is rough
If I do decide to preorder I'll go with gamestop and pick it up there
Old 04-25-2011   #70
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Me too! Although were you TRYING to pay that much? ;p

Items:..... $59.99
Shipping & Handling:... $0.00 (free release day shipping)
Total Before Tax:..... $59.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected:..... $0.00 (Oregon ftw)
Promotions and Credit:...... -$10.00 (Amazon always gives at least $10 back on preorders)
Total:..... $49.99 and I get it the day it comes out

Amazon. Use it.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 04-25-2011   #71
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Yeah, i mean it'll put a scratch in the bank account for a week, but it'll be worth it, i think.
Paid the same for GTA: IV on release day, too.

And didn't even THINK of using amazon

Plus, my "local" gamestop is 6 miles away. It takes me two hours total to and from. I ride a bicycle.

Never again, am i doing that for a video game.
Old 04-25-2011   #72
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
lol sucks bro
I have 2 of them in town, not sure how long by bike but 10 minutes by car for me.

Amazon is pretty good, they usually offer $10-20 amazon credit on game preorders. They did on Portal 2 which I bought although I didn't get free release day shipping (could be cause I ordered the night before) so I went with super saver and its still not here, estimated date is between tomorrow and friday.
Old 04-25-2011   #73
Piggus
Wicked Member

Super saver sucks. Don't you go to college lillb? If you're a student, you get free release day shipping with Amazon Prime for a year. You also get free 2-day shipping and $4 overnight shipping on pretty much anything else. I've never had to use the super saver shipping since I started school because I get everything in two days or less for free with Prime.

Most people I know at my college don't even know that they get Amazon Prime for free, which is depressing considering how much you can save with it. My TV would have cost $100 to ship normally and even that was free.

Old 04-25-2011   #74
lillb
Casual User

I believe I already used my year of Amazon Prime a while back, so that's no longer an option for me.
Whatever it was no big deal to me, and its not like I can even play it now so I don't really care when it gets here.
Old 04-25-2011   #75
Piggus
Wicked Member

Yeah my subscription ends in June I think. I'm going to renew it though since it's saved me well over the $70 or whatever it is to renew it.